Friend Or Foe?

Guest VioletX

Then there must be scarce few of em cuz if we were getting eaten by multitudes then we would eventually KNOW about it. I think Dr Meldrum guestimated there are like 6,000 in the continental US, that'd take a lot of humans to feed...if we was something on the top of their fav. list......

Guest VioletX

I think we are more in danger from common dogs, bears and sharks. If DNA comes out we need to have a bumper sticker that says, "Squatch : Safer Than GrizzlyBears!" :D

(just to put it in perspective)

Guest MJ151

I agree that they would be the top of the food chain. They may take a target of opportunity if the situation presents itself. I don't think we, (humans) would be on their normal predation list. Humans present a danger to them, we generally travel on groups, even if we are spread out. A fair number are armed and willing to defend themselves. And when one of us goes missing, a lot more show up in the area. For the BF's it would be safer to observe and avoid direct confrontation. The lone hiker, deep in the bush might be a target, but i think elk and deer are more readily available and present less of a direct threat than we humans do.

MJ151, I think your right on target there. ANY interaction with us humans could only prove dangerous or fatal for sasquatch. They would not bring that kind of hurt down on themselves. Just seeing a freeway at night should be proof enough to them that we're all crazy. I also think they see perfectly clear how we affect the enviroment! We treat it the way a baby treats a diaper!

Guest MJ151

Well I wasn't going quite that far Kearnsey. :) I wouldn't go as far to say all interaction are dangerous to BF, but we as a species can be dangerous as prey items.

if we were getting eaten by multitudes then we would eventually KNOW about it.

See Missing 411

Guest MJ151

I follow you now Kearnsey. They might very well see us that way. As for the Missing 411 books , i have read them both, though I like the West coast version better because it's local and i remember some of the missing reports when they happened. I will pay a bit more attention to my daughter in the bush now after reading them. Not that I was ever inattentive but now I'll be a more cautious. So as to not get off topic, i had a few posts on the 411 books in the media section so i won't go into them here.

^^ I'll have to check em out. I actually like it when people offer substance to show me I might be mistaken :) Thanks salubrious

Bigfoot probably has 23 inch biceps, 40 inch quads, 80 inch chest and 18 inch mushroom tip looking at you sideways. That ought to explain all the shaky videos. But seriously, if it is real, then it is an animal period. None of that good or evil stuff, it does things out of necessity.

LOL zoala, the imagery you created for your readers is breathtaking, hahaha....um, 23" biceps is proportionately small with the other measurements you gave......but funny stuff :)

To me, it doesn't really matter if they are normally friendly or normally hostile. When you get within close range of one, you are not in control of the situation anymore. Like BobbyO said, these things are top of the food chain. I'm not going to place my life in the hands of some super predator, just to find out what its gonna do.

Dealing with people is different than dealing with BF. I'm not afraid of people, a hostile man can be dealt with. A hostile BF is something I want nothing to do with.

I'm not going to walk up to a huge grzzly bear and say "Hey Mr. Bear, I'm just a nice person hanging out in the woods." I'm not gonna do that with a BF either. If I see a bear going that way, then I'm going this way, in a hurry. Same with BF.

A huge grizzly or kodiak bear, I'd want to put distance from..... in a hurry! A Sasquatch, I'd walk up to it if this were possible. Reason, I just don't get that danger-vibe. But if it did happen to kill me I'd at least die knowing/seeing what BF is :)

And completely agree, BF probably sees what we do with our environment and just shakes his head.....there's a reason they hide from us, and I don't think it's because they fear they'd loose a mono e mono cage match with one of us....

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Hi everyone!!!

I cannot answer to this properly, but I have some ideas I would like to add.

1. We would like to think that Bigfoot is a "benevolent" species, the old guardian of nature. Maybe their are benevolent with their family groups and kids, but they would not be friendly with every human. They will avoid us most of the time.

2. There are other reports on which a lonely apelike creature turns out to be the boogey man of a small locality. A rogue, wild behavior, raiding on farms at night, howling and scaring everyone.

I just found 1 logical explanation. A creature, living well hidden on a cave, sleeping all day, waking up at late night and walking several kilometers to search for food...getting something and then returning to sleep....

In #1, Bigfoot looks intelligent and able to communicate among them (this does not means that he would like to communicate something to us....).

In #2, Bigfoot (or a similar apelike creature) is simplly wild. Interaction would be unpredictable.

Ok, we also have to take into account that not every human is friendly with nature....

Best regards.

K. Adam.

^ No, sadly, not every human is friendly with nature. In fact, depending where you draw the line, many of us aren't friendly with nature.