Why Do You Believe, Or Not Believe, In Bigfoot?

Okay, I not a big deal researcher. I'm a nurse, married, just a regular person. However, I sincerely believe that there is some sort of Bigfoot type creature hiding in forests around the world.

Why do I believe?

I believe due to the very credible witnesses who have had personal encounters with this remarkable creature.

People from around the world have spotted this "monster", been terrified by an encounter, and had the courage to report their sighting.

I saw a policeman holding a pistol in his shaking hand because he thought that a Bigfoot was near because he had an encounter in the same place earlier, and had returned to tell his story.

I know of military officers who have admitted to seeing a Bigfoot, and last, but far from least, my daughter had a run-in while camping near Canada. I shake thinking about how vulnerable she was out in the woods alone camping, and a Bigfoot started throwing things on her tent. She heard him/her, and started playing her flute. The creature finally left, and she abandoned her tent, left everything that she could not grab and carry quickly with her..

That was some cool thinking on your daughter's part. I think I would just grabbed the keys and left, flute, tent, and all. I'm a nurse too, but divorced, not a big deal researcher either. We seem to have more in common than not. :)

The reason I believe is because I have a long family history of incidents on a farm that my family owned for about 150 years before it was sold back in the 60's. In 1942 my father had an encounter on that same farm. I guess believe is the wrong word. I know they exist because I trust my family's stories. I am currently living on a river in SC and there have been some strange things that go on periodically here. Just this past Sunday night something beat on the side of my house at about 11:30pm. It was either bigfoot or a human, both options are scary to think about, and I'm not sure which I should be most afraid of. :unsure:

That was some cool thinking on your daughter's part. I think I would just grabbed the keys and left, flute, tent, and all. I'm a nurse too, but divorced, not a big deal researcher either. We seem to have more in common than not. :)

The reason I believe is because I have a long family history of incidents on a farm that my family owned for about 150 years before it was sold back in the 60's. In 1942 my father had an encounter on that same farm. I guess believe is the wrong word. I know they exist because I trust my family's stories. I am currently living on a river in SC and there have been some strange things that go on periodically here. Just this past Sunday night something beat on the side of my house at about 11:30pm. It was either bigfoot or a human, both options are scary to think about, and I'm not sure which I should be most afraid of. :unsure:

Jodie, OMG, What are you going to do? Do you have outside lights that you can leave on during the night? I realize that would increase your bill owed for electricity but truly, for your sanity sakes it might be worth it.

Also, have some recognized BF hunters come and check, see if they could mount cameras to catch pictures of what is banging on your house, FGS!

*You seriously need to call the police. Please call the police.* You could die of a heart attack all by yourself out there alone. Are there any houses nearby? Is there anyone you can call to stay with you for a while?

Yikes, Please respond so we can talk about keeping you safe.

Jodie,

Mount some fake cameras or some flood lights, we call that "bigfoot repellant" and it seems to work well for some.

Or, you may have to have a meeting the next time they beat on your house (if it is them) and tell them to knock it off.... PM me for other weird fixes for that problem, assuming it is them.

Jodie,

Mount some fake cameras or some flood lights, we call that "bigfoot repellant" and it seems to work well for some.

Or, you may have to have a meeting the next time they beat on your house (if it is them) and tell them to knock it off.... PM me for other weird fixes for that problem, assuming it is them.

Jodie, If any of Sunflower's ideas are doable for you, please do whatever you can to stay safe. I truly do not know how you sleep at night after what has happened. Are your windows covered so that "it" cannot see you? Do you have neighbors close by who could come and rescue you if needed? How long does it take your local police to arrive to your home?

I think that you should call the police if this happens again.

How do you think the police would react if you were to go and talk to them about this issue?

You can just describe the incident, and not mention BF so they will not think you are a little "off"; just tell them what happened, and if it should re-occur, they would make a fast trip to your home to rescue you from whatever is banging on your house..

Please keep us updated. :unsure: I'm worried about you.

Will you please keep us informed?

Well if I was 100% sure it was bigfoot I have friends on here that I am sure would come out and look. I'ld hate to call someone to drive out here for a vivid imagination that has been primed since youth to jump to the "bigfoot" conclusion. I try hard to fight that. I have called the police so many times for drowning victims on the river that I think they already know my number by heart from caller ID, I hate to call them for knocking when whoever it is would be long gone by the time they got here.

I actually live on the edge of a small city in a townhouse on the back of the complex. My building sits on a bluff overlooking a river. Past my place there is nothing for 200 miles until you get to North Carolina and Lake Lure. If this is truly bigfoot, I just think its passing through periodically. My brother lives two doors down from me in the same building so I am not alone. I am pretty good friends with the ladies that live on either side of me but I just haven't had the nerve to ask if they have heard knocking, and such, because I don't ever find any signs like boot prints or foot prints. I know they have never mentioned it to me. I don't want to look like the neurotic neighbor that always thinks she has a peeping tom or for them to think that I'm nuts because I believe in bigfoot.

It's the uncertainty of what is happening that aggravates me. We have one outdoor light on the corner of the building that I insisted the homeowners association put in for me but nothing on the very back. The knocking always happens about the same time in the evening only when I'm up and my chandelier is on. It has happened three times already in a month, specifically after I do something different to the living room or dining room that can be seen from outside. The first two times it was one large crash and I subsequently found firewood under my deck. I don't have firewood and both neighbors have gas logs so something threw the pieces up against the house. The third time I was upstairs making my bed, which is in front of the window, when I heard 3 distinctive beats, pause, then 3 more beats. I thought someone was at the door so I came downstairs to see if it was one of my neighbors needing something. My brother would have just let himself in with his key. I didn't see anyone or anything at either the front or back door. I went back upstairs and turned out the bedroom light so I could see down the bluff and the river, I still saw nothing. I don't feel unsafe but it is unnerving to have weird stuff like that happen. If it is bigfoot, I think he is admiring my redecorating that I've recently done, as crazy as that seems. I just had a new chandelier hung about 4 weeks ago and I put up a new picture in the dining room and hung some new pieces of metal work with sun faces up in the living room. You can see all of this very easily from outdoors. I didn't think about it at the time but the picture I hung in the dinig room facing the window looks like bigfoot:

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/masterscans/Henri-Rousseau-Snake-Charmer.html

Personally, I think the bigfoot got over enthusiastic about my painting this past Sunday night and was showing his appreciation by beating on my wall:lol: When I write this all down I feel so silly, but honestly, I don't think it's a person yet I have no proof that it is bigfoot either. I went to the endodontist last week, and weirdly enough, the dental assistant started talking about what was going on in the swamp behind her house. She had no idea I was interested in bigfoot, but whatever it was must have bothered her enough to be talking about it with me, more or less a stranger. I told her to get her neighbor to check for cougars. When I got home, I googled her address and coincidentally she has a wooded corridor that leads out of her subdivision to the same river that I live on.

I really don't know what to think. I wax and wane about over interpreting the weird stuff. I know bigfoot exists because of my Dad, I just don't know if I am ready to embrace the possibility that he might be in my backyard from time to time.

Y'all don't worry about me, I'll be fine. This kind of stuff has been going on for two years now. If it was going to hurt me it would have done so by now, I would think.

I need to paint my window trim this weekend, then I'm getting my shades installed, but for now, I'm the new zoo exhibit for the great outdoors. :)

Guest Inquisitor Jake

Hmm..why do I believe in the hairy beast?

I believe out of personal reasons of hearing the stories from my dads loggin buddies about strange noises they've heard in the woods. That and along with what I have experienced

of what I've thought to be woodknocks and very strange behaviour on part of my dogs.

I also believe becuase the hair samples people have discovered and the results from them indicate an unknown primate.

I also would like to believe the encounters people have had. I know theres hoaxes out there and probably missidentifications but I would like to hope in that what people have said is true.

just a couple a couple of reasons of why I believe. :ph34r:

- Inquisitor Jake

Guest TooRisky

Being from the PNW and growing up my entire adult life here, the species know as Sasquatch has always been sort of common place... For those that have not seen the species they have friends and/or family that have, from mostly working in and around the timber industry... I know because of 2 sightings I have had, one back in 1985 and just back in 2009, that clearly proved to me they exist.

As for the close encounters and the species coming in close to the house, it is only because they can... They are courious and things like the TV, BBQ smells, baking smells, kids playing and rough housing is all of interest to them, they mean no harm what so ever... To keep them away from the home/yard/property just put up a few motion triggered flood lights and they will stay away, it also works on creeps that are up to no good also...

Yeah, me and my co-workers had this same discussion at lunch and they gave me the same advice. I already have a security system, I would just need to extend it to include the motion sensors. I will be seriously shopping in a few weeks when my income tax return gets here, since the knocking started.

Yeah, me and my co-workers had this same discussion at lunch and they gave me the same advice. I already have a security system, I would just need to extend it to include the motion sensors. I will be seriously shopping in a few weeks when my income tax return gets here, since the knocking started.

Yikes, Jodie, Just hang a sheet over your windows that over-look the bluff. All you need would be something to keep the sheets up around the window's upper molding, even a small nail could help keep sheets up.

I'm thankful that you are getting motion sensor detectors soon. Please keep us informed.

Hang something over your windows, tonight even! It's not worth being terrified by a creature in your backyard that could harm you, your pets, or your children. :o

I appreciate your concern, I would be more frightened if it was a human, and it very well might be, so I'll take your advice and sheet up my windows. As I said, this stuff has been going on for a couple of years, I doubt it will come through the window tonight but if it does, it's really not going to like the alarms.

Admin

It was either bigfoot or a human, both options are scary to think about, and I'm not sure which I should be most afraid of. :unsure:

The human. What to do?

Go to your local gun shop and buy a 12 gauge shotgun, short barrel, pump action. Get a few boxes of different ammo shells for it. I recommend you get: one box of mixed ball shells (4 x 32 ca + 6 x 20 ca), 00' buck shells and a box of slugs. Don't worry about the technical details of the shells, the guys at the shop will know what you mean. Load your shotgun with one of each in the order listed above in a cycle.

Shoot first, ask questions later. You are a woman and any circumstance that requires you to use the shotgun will most likely be self-defense in the eyes of any jury. God help the poor *******... :)

Edited by gigantor

Guest D B Cooper

I believe because my Uncle was a Log Trucker who lived in the Hoopa Valley from 1954 until the early 90's. He saw the 55 gal. drums of diesel fuel that were thrown off of the landing. The tracks, and the 2000 gal tank truck pushed sideways about 4-5 feet near Bluff Creek. He also told me of the fresh tracks he and and my Cousin ( his son ) inspected, leading across a freshly harrowed field at the east end of the valley on the way to Burnt Ranch. They followed them into the woods bordering the field until they faded into the timber.He was a very pragmatic and honest man. I never knew of him exaggerating, or embellishing on any subject.

And as stated previously, there are too many accounts by very credible people on record to just brush the sightings off.

I have spent a good portion of my 61 years exploring, hunting and hiking in the Central Cascades. I've never seen tangible evidence, but have had a couple of unexplainable incidents that made me become very aware that there is something out there besides the known and recognized critters.

Edited by D B Cooper

• masterbarber locked this topic