Throwing Down The Gauntlet

Guest Kane2002

Guest Kane2002

I am throwing down the gauntlet.

Gauntlet

Pronunciation: (GONT-let)

Meaning: Noun: 1. A long thick glove worn as part of medieval armor.

2. A challenge.

To throw down the gauntlet: to challenge someone.

To take up the gauntlet: to accept a challenge.

First I believe in sasquatch. However as I have stated on other threads, I do not think there are very many of them. Many of the readers here think otherwise. They think there are lots of them around. So lets have some fun and do some collective research. I would like to challenge all Bigfootforum readers to go out and over a period of nine days spend some time actually looking for sasquatch in person, or at least for their tracks and/or other sign.

I do not subscribe to the theory that they are shape-shifters in any way. Nor are they UFO related, not aliens from distant planets.

I believe they are flesh and blood mammals that live, eat, sleep, breed and leave tracks when they pass by.

So starting Feb. 12 through Feb. 20 I promise to spend at least three days looking for a sasquatch. In likely places. I invite all of you to do the same. I define a track line of at least two footprints one left and one right. Sign could be recent tree twists or nest/shelters. Those of us in the NW have an advantage by living close to alleged sasquatch activity. Those of you in the East, Central and Midwest States have that plus a lot of fresh snow to work with. Those in the Southeast, Southwest have the activity and the nice weather.

So let's have some fun, even for those of you who do not believe. Go look, photograph and post your results here. The profit of course will be the fresh air, the exercise and hopefully some positive results! Now if you think there are a lot of sasquatch about, prove it. Good luck, and good hunting!

I am throwing down the gauntlet.

Gauntlet

Pronunciation: (GONT-let)

Meaning: Noun: 1. A long thick glove worn as part of medieval armor.

2. A challenge.

To throw down the gauntlet: to challenge someone.

To take up the gauntlet: to accept a challenge.

First I believe in sasquatch. However as I have stated on other threads, I do not think there are very many of them. Many of the readers here think otherwise. They think there are lots of them around. So lets have some fun and do some collective research. I would like to challenge all Bigfootforum readers to go out and over a period of nine days spend some time actually looking for sasquatch in person, or at least for their tracks and/or other sign.

I do not subscribe to the theory that they are shape-shifters in any way. Nor are they UFO related, not aliens from distant planets.

I believe they are flesh and blood mammals that live, eat, sleep, breed and leave tracks when they pass by.

So starting Feb. 12 through Feb. 20 I promise to spend at least three days looking for a sasquatch. In likely places. I invite all of you to do the same. I define a track line of at least two footprints one left and one right. Sign could be recent tree twists or nest/shelters. Those of us in the NW have an advantage by living close to alleged sasquatch activity. Those of you in the East, Central and Midwest States have that plus a lot of fresh snow to work with. Those in the Southeast, Southwest have the activity and the nice weather.

So let's have some fun, even for those of you who do not believe. Go look, photograph and post your results here. The profit of course will be the fresh air, the exercise and hopefully some positive results! Now if you think there are a lot of sasquatch about, prove it. Good luck, and good hunting!

What JC said, I tend to do what you're suggesting on a minmally bi-weekly basis, although alot depends on where ya live.

Well I'll go one further on the idea that there aren't many to there aren't any. I believe they're extinct now.

years later, wheres the proof on that First ya need to prove they exist, then that they died out. How nice that we can all just make up theories and run with them. Speculation is what speculation is, until proven.....

I tell you what Kane, I don't go looking for trouble but it's supposed to be nice this weekend in SC. I thought I might do some fishing and will be down in the bottom below my house. I will be on the look out for any kind of suspicious sign. Now do you just want footprints or are you talking about anything suspicious looking? Like rock stacks, bent trees, unusually large poop, smears that aren't quite footprints coming up on the bank out the river that couldn't possibly be human.......I might get good pics of some other wildlife tracks and sign, if nothing else.

Edited by Jodie

Guest parnassus

I tell you what Kane, I don't go looking for trouble but it's supposed to be nice this weekend in SC. I thought I might do some fishing and will be down in the bottom below my house. I will be on the look out for any kind of suspicious sign. Now do you just want footprints or are you talking about anything suspicious looking? Like rock stacks, bent trees, unusually large poop, smears that aren't quite footprints coming up on the bank out the river that couldn't possibly be human.......I might get good pics of some other wildlife tracks and sign, if nothing else.

Jodie

Rock stacks?

Guest Kane2002

Hey, in no way do I want to be confrontational. This is supposed to be fun. Any credable sign will work. As I already stated, twisted trees, tracks, scat, foot, hand prints, snow caves. Any thing that you as a researcher think might be evidence. Let your conscious be your guide.

Yes, a lot of people look, myself included. The question is of course, "do we see?" Wow, a friend in Iowa just sent me some photos of road 52 going North out of Dubuque. The effing snow is like 10 feet high! Now where are are all those sasquatchs? O, right they went to Illinois. There are supposed to be 3000 of the critters over there. Wait.....how do they get across that big river? Should be lots of tracks on the banks folks.

Hey, in no way do I want to be confrontational. This is supposed to be fun. Any credable sign will work. As I already stated, twisted trees, tracks, scat, foot, hand prints, snow caves. Any thing that you as a researcher think might be evidence. Let your conscious be your guide.

Yes, a lot of people look, myself included. The question is of course, "do we see?" Wow, a friend in Iowa just sent me some photos of road 52 going North out of Dubuque. The effing snow is like 10 feet high! Now where are are all those sasquatchs? O, right they went to Illinois. There are supposed to be 3000 of the critters over there. Wait.....how do they get across that big river? Should be lots of tracks on the banks folks.

Hi Kane,

LOL! prints on the riverbanks, I'd hope they were smart enough to use a bridge in this kind of weather. Cold wet Bigfeet has to be uncomfortable. As for throwing down the gauntlet, you couldn't wait a month or so for the winter weather to break? Seriously? :(

Speaking for myself I think your idea was a good one, if we all took a weekend at the same time an scouted the results could be suprising. For myself, I can tell you I'm not going out anytime soon as tramping thru snow and mud isn't my idea of fun. Call me crazy, call me lazy. I'd be up for your challenge later in the spring, but for now?

Taking a pass.

Pencil me in for late March/April

Edited by grayjay

Jodie

Rock stacks?

Well that's what I call them. There is a thread about rock formations. Basically, it's just a bunch of rocks stacked up like we used to do when I was a child to mark a trail in deep woods if we thought we would get lost. If bigfoot does it, I don't know what the significance would be. Until I read that thread, I probably would not have paid attention to them since I used to do the same thing.

Edited by Jodie

Guest RioBravo

Until I read that thread, I probably would not have paid attention to them since I used to do the same thing.

Which is exactly why you shouldn't pay any attention to it.

BFF Patron

I think on inaccessible rivers, rarely traveled montane environment and woods with few trails besides game trails (read: Wilderness) you may be more able to ascribe some importance to rock stacks. Near any canoed/kayaked waters, recreational trails, etc. I think these kinds of finds would be rather meaningless. Looking back at the rock stack thread and the pictures of the stacks where BF's on a ground squirrel hunt were witnessed, I'd say they are certainly capable of creating them from hunting activity. That said I have not heard that they are more prevalent than the stick structures which are created (not twists/breaks.....I mean tripods, geometric formations and weaving).

Edited by bipedalist