Throwing Down The Gauntlet

Guest Kane2002

BFF Patron

I don't know, but there are patterns of two marks associated left to right on the swirls so I think it could be cryptid? JK :P

Thanks for sharing those, I'm a tracking school flunkee.....somebody'll know. Wonder where those beaver tracks are? Do you have swamps close to the river, they may be swimming the trees across somewhere.

Forgot to add, it looks like good squatch habitat, but if they beach the raft on that riverbank you're going to know it (unless they're Navy Seals disguised as squatch). :P

Have you seen muskrat around, that may be another track maker suspect?

Edited by bipedalist

I don't know, but there are patterns of two marks associated left to right on the swirls so I think it could be cryptid? JK :P

Thanks for sharing those, I'm a tracking school flunkee.....somebody'll know. Wonder where those beaver tracks are? Do you have swamps close to the river, they may be swimming the trees across somewhere.

Forgot to add, it looks like good squatch habitat, but if they beach the raft on that riverbank you're going to know it (unless they're Navy Seals disguised as squatch). :P

Have you seen muskrat around, that may be another track maker suspect?

I have not seen half of what I find tracks for. I have to go look most of them up on the internet to guess at what is out there. I have not seen a muskrat but it had paw prints in the squiggle pattern which is why I thought weasle at first. But it comes up out of the water on the beach so muskrat just might fit. The deer come through like clock work between 10:30pm-11:30pm. They are used to me now and continue feeding while I sit outside and watch them.

We have little brooks and streams that run into the river that sometimes form what I call a slough area all up and down the river. Saturday was the first day I was aware of the beaver activity. It was near one of these areas, so that is not surprising.

Yes, If I were a Sasquatch, I'ld live here too. I have jokingly said if civilization breaks down, my brother and I have a good chance of surviving right where we are.

Concerning rock stacks.....

Which is exactly why you shouldn't pay any attention to it.

Well if you've been hiking the area and one of these pops up on a trail that wasn't there earlier, you should atleast check to see if anything is inside it, you might find something you lost. ;)

Yes, humans make them......What would bigfoot be if it did so too?

BFF Patron

That thought went through my mind too Indie but I saw Jodie's tracks' as enough different so I couldn't make a decision so didn't post it up.

I'll try to take up the challenge again here also, recharging gamecam batteries at this time.

Edited by bipedalist

Yeah, I haven't seen gator tracks, I've seen slides where they enter the water. Just couldn't think of what else would be dragging a tail like that :blink:

Guest Kane2002

Jodie, thanks for the pics. Could the unidentified be either opossum or the afore mentioned muskrat? What ever it was it was dragging its tail. Not wide enough for beaver. From the footprint I would vote opossum. Thanks for sharing.

I spent yesterday (Sun) looking, but no BF luck. I had called up BFRO report #28438 as it is a hour and fifteen min. drive from my house to the intersection of 18 and 530. I was there about nine. I figured if BF was there once he/she may return. Never did find road 1855 as a lot of logging is going on and a lot of the road signs are down. Plus deep snow. I went up road 18 about 8 miles. I turned around after the last mile as I had been breaking trail with my jeep wrangler. It was 6-8 inches deep at that time and getting deeper. The only track I saw was what I think was that of a porky-pine. It had been rained in and not of picture quality.

Thanks folks, lets keep looking.

Guest vilnoori

I'm with tracker. There's a lot, I mean a lot, of snow up there in the mountains hereabouts, and a big avalanche danger. I'm sticking to the lowlands, and there is a lot of territory. And when can I get out? Its iffy. The weather is not cooperative.

Guest Sallaranda

I'd like to see someone challenge the wilderness and spend more than three days looking for bigfoot. You can go a month in the forest without seeing a single bear. How could you possibly expect to find bigfoot in 3 days? Nobody is that lucky. Someone with a lot of experience and a lot of skill should go out and survive the middle of a forest for a month and see if they find anything.

BFF Patron

Jodie, I found these with a google search for gator tracks. They look a little similar.

gator02.jpg

gator01.jpg

Whatever it is it actually drags its nails from track to track in the lower photo, that gives it more of a low to the ground stomach dragger

animal to me.

Guest Kane2002

Yes three days out of nine is not a lot of time. The idea was to be able to get a lot of folks out in the field and off the computer. A period of time covering two weekends. You don't have to bring back photos of the BF, just evidence that he/she passed by.

A month is a entire different kettle of fish, logistics aside. Most of us cannot or do not want to devote a month to the search. I can since I am retired. I may, but in the warm months while in BC on my sailboat.

If you think about it, a lot of the alleged sightings have taken place by people while they were driving. So a quiet drive while on country roads, watching the road sides and the drive ways into farm fields will surprise you. There is a lot of game out there and it all uses our roads. The snow provides an excellent median for tracks. If you see something out of place park the car and get out. Walk down to that copse and look around, just make sure you see.

BTW a weasel/ermine, mink and wolverine all hop when they travel. Yes sometimes they will walk while stalking prey, but their main method of travel is a hop. So you will see all four feet together. Sometimes, there will be a spot of blood where they caught a mouse.

Good hunting. Thanks Jodie, so far, just by your effort, you are the winner!!