" How To Have An Interaction " By Morehead

There is no luck with the Bigfoots,they either want to enjoy your company or not. This is just how it is with them when it come to interaction with them.

You call they come if they like ,if not oh well there will be another day.

So, basically what you're saying, is that Bigfoot's are like my house cat... ?

:derisive:

Yes , Art1972

Guest thermalman

VioletX: Ron & toejam are shooting straight with you. Over the years I have noted it may take as much as 45 minutes to an hour after you make a call for the animals to actually come in quietly, check you out, and decide whether or not they want to try to interact with you. That decision will be made depending on whether or not they believe you are calm, unconcerned and pose no real threat to them. Showing fear or excitement by the slight noises they make while they cautiously check you out during their first meeting with you is a show stopper. Once they are confident you are no threat, they will remember and recognize you, your vehicle and the sounds it makes. If you leave food for them during your first contact, you should use the same call as you made the first time when you return to that area. (You may not have to call them to get them approach you later, they will recognize the sound of your vehicle.)

The "call" can be ANY loud, long, non-aggressive vocal call you choose to make. The best time to make those calls is late at night. The U of AR's " Hog" calls works fine, even outside the state. :ok:

Man........you make it sound easy. Gonna gather all the info I can for my fall trip next month in MN. Thanks folks.

There is no luck with the Bigfoots,they either want to enjoy your company or not. This is just how it is with them when it come to interaction with them.You call they come if they like ,if not oh well there will be another day.

While I always enjoy reading your posts... and it is apparent to me, you have field experience with the subjects under your belt.. I don't buy this completely, julio. While I would imagine they could and would become familiar with humans that frequent their habitat.. there IS luck involved with interaction and experiencing activity . Would you consider being growled at, interaction ? I would. We did not call them, nor communicate.. in fact, we didn't know anything was even close , until we approached on a foot path.. but obviously came too close to where we were not wanted. We did not know where their territory or buffer zone started or ended.. no freakin' clue. If it is how it is with you, and the subjects are familiar with you.. than it is an entirely different situation than what has been experienced by myself and others associated. My summary.... Luck was involved, to experience anything, at all.

Edited by imonacan

Sunflower: I beg you pardon, but for goodness sake; you have insulted an old and honored tradition of the University of Arkansas's football game's. :nono:

Here is a link that will demonstrate a proper "Hog Call".

http://www.arkansasr...&ATCLID=1514554 :biggrin:

LOLOLOLO

Branco, please forgive me (snort).... I'm not a football fan and wasn't aware of the "call" and this is the second time I've gotten in hot water because I didn't know about hogs and the calling thing. My husband's family is from North Carolina and had bakker (tobacco) farms close to Spivey's Corner, which is "The" place for hog calling contests according to hubby.

Guest COGrizzly

Long ago, a very close friend of mine "taught" me how to find large bucks. We "spotted" an area without guns one day.

It was in Iowa, on private land. There was a dusting of snow. We walked very slowly along a picked corn field. Halfway to the woods/ravine, we started using only hand signals and walked even slower. Like one step every 2 or 3 seconds, concentrating on not making any noise. We continued this technique all the way into the woods. He made me stand behind a huge oak tree overlooking the ravine. He stood behind another tree close by. After HOURS of standing there, a female deer with 2 calves came walking through the ravine. They had no idea we were there. About a half minute later a HUGE buck turned the corner, following them. He stop dead in his tracks, looked up at us, turned around and ran away. Big bucks seem to be much more acute to their surroundings.

My guess is that Sasquatches are even more away of their surroundings.

Sounds like Ron needs to take a report writing class. Sure are a lot of 'matter of fact' statements in there. BF is real, but.....

And just for the record....Getting a trophy buck every year isn't that difficult if you hunt in the right areas. 'Trophy' is a pretty relative term, though.

Edited by PacNWSquatcher

a trophy buck every year isn't that difficult if you hunt in the right areas. 'Trophy' is a pretty relative term, though.

The way it was used in my post was something that took luck. Some accomplishment that doesn't happen that often.

While I always enjoy reading your posts... and it is apparent to me, you have field experience with the subjects under your belt.. I don't buy this completely, julio. While I would imagine they could and would become familiar with humans that frequent their habitat.. there IS luck involved with interaction and experiencing activity . Would you consider being growled at, interaction ? I would. We did not call them, nor communicate.. in fact, we didn't know anything was even close , until we approached on a foot path.. but obviously came too close to where we were not wanted. We did not know where their territory or buffer zone started or ended.. no freakin' clue. If it is how it is with you, and the subjects are familiar with you.. than it is an entirely different situation than what has been experienced by myself and others associated. My summary.... Luck was involved, to experience anything, at all.

imonacan

Yes, You can say luck the first timesince one has no idea what these creatures will do.But when you do it more then once and it keeps happening then well it is no longer luck.They are now responding to your call,so now it becomes a way for them to respond in which is now happening to alot of us.

I have learned that growling usually means to leave,that you have either walked in to a prime ambush area for deer.I have done that a few times but it took a few growls before I figured it out that I was in a bottle neck of where deer were heading into a bedding area.I payed with my health learning this lesson by them.A simple growl can cause you great harm and you might not even know it .But like i said once they are in a area and you call if they want to respond they will and if they want to interact they will chose too.

If one was foolish enough to advance toward the source of the growl... I could see harm probably coming to them. A growl should be perceived a warning, as so with any animal. The only harm to me, personally... was having to change my underwear at 2AM, in 20 degree temps :)