Do You W A N T Bigfoot To Be Found?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Twilight Fan

Or would it ruin the mystery for you?

I personally feel it is best that they are never found. Not by the majority of society, at least. Habituation circumstances would be best - when people establish relationships with the sasquatch based on peace, trust and good intentions - nothing more. I think both Bigfoot and humans could benefit from these secretive relationships and learn from & about eachother. As far as being "discovered" by science and the world....NO WAY. Squatches don't need no stinkin' science to ruin their lives! I hope they forever remain a mystery. :)

How about you?

Guest COGrizzly

I want Sasquatch to be an established creature - "found" and recognized by science.

Ideally it would be a live creature captured. (In reality, and unfortunately, it may be at the cost of a dead one, be it hit by a semi, or even old age, again ideally)

The reason? Protection of the species.

Guest Twilight Fan
The reason? Protection of the species.

Pardon me for saying but "puh-leez." Bigfoot hardly needs human protection if it has survived on its own for this long without our interference.

Guest Twilight Fan

^^^^:growl: They'll avoid you at all costs then. Some people think they can sense and steer clear from ill-willed individuals.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I would like for the truth to one day finally be recognized (that means yes :)).

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Twilight Fan

I wouldn't put much faith into that, remember they didn't steer clear of Smeja. Besides I got something they want.

Zagnut bars? :P And Smeja never proved his claim, so I don't put much stock into that. (He was the guy who said he shot one, right?)

Guest Cowlitz2

BF "Discovered" by Science - Yes, as the gorillas had to finally be discovered.

Shot- NO, and there in lies the problem. They would be hunted down and shot illegally by high - tech, well funded individuals. The poaching pictures we see today of gorilla heads staked up like cord-wood is unbelievable.

An example - I sat next to a fellow on a US Coast to Coast flight returning from an African Hunting Safari. He had shot many different species of very large animals on permits that cost him 50+ K in US dollars. The meat went to the locals and hides, tusks, horns, heads, etc. all got shipped home. For me it was shocking to hear the details of how the month long hunt went. His spin was he helped the local economy.

Don't get me wrong - I use to hunt in Idaho every Fall to get my 2 deer to help augment our diet. We wasted nothing then; but I sold my guns after leaving the State...today I fish instead. For me there are way too many crazies carrying guns and shooting at random out in the woods today.....

• Upvote 1

Guest Twilight Fan

Pancakes ;)

I don't get it?

BF "Discovered" by Science - Yes, as the gorillas had to finally be discovered.

"Had" to? Of course not. In fact, they are now an ENDANGERED species for a reason. Between civil unrest and poaching them for bush meat, there aren't very many mountain gorillas left alive. Only hundreds, and way under a thousand.

Humans tend to destroy other species and other species are often better off without us knowing they exist. If it weren't for Dian Fossey, the gorillas of Rwanda would probably be extinct by now. That lady did amazing things to save them - she dedicated her entire life to their protection. Bless her heart.

Im with Twilight on this. It should never be found. Humans have a bad habit of murder and slaughter. For me there is already enough evidence to make hunting them illegal.

I also believe they have good reasons to hide from us, they have been watching us for thounsands of years. If they are out there, they are masters in hiding from humans.

Bigfoot hardly needs human protection if it has survived on its own for this long without our interference.

A very good point!

In one way I would like them to be found, if only to prove to the naysayers that they've been wrong. However, the mystery would be gone and that is part of what makes this whole thing appealing to me.

SSR Team

Some days i want them to be " found ", other days i don't.

• masterbarber locked this topic