Do You W A N T Bigfoot To Be Found?

Guest Twilight Fan

When I think about witnesses who have had their lives turned upside down by seeing this animal - I say yes. I think these people deserve some vindication - if this animal is out there.

SSR Team

From a selfish perspective i agree with you Melissa.

But for the good of the species, i'm not so sure.

That's why i have my " no " days.

Some days i want them to be " found ", other days i don't.

I'm in the same boat BobbyO.

And Melissa seeing these people have what they have reported proven once and for all and just my own personal curisoity is why I would like to see them proven.

I also don't see mass numbers of poachers hitting the woods to kill one as being reality. Will there be some, sure but there are way more groups out there right now that are actively trying to kill one that have very knowledgable folks that have studied BF for years that are unable to get one. I don't see your average joe blow poacher killing very many at all. I think if the fines were large enough with mandatory jail sentences that would also detere many would be poachers.

From a selfish perspective i agree with you Melissa.

But for the good of the species, i'm not so sure.

That's why i have my " no " days.

You know BobbyO when I first became involved in this - there was no middle ground for me - legal protection was a must.

Now, yeah it would be nice but it is pretty clear to me, if these animals are still out there, they do not need our help for survival. Then I read about the pro-kill folks and I want the animal protected. So, the larger question is my mind (when it comes to protection) is do we want the animal protected for them -- or us?

I will also say this - laws designed for protecting a species can also have unforseen issues - these laws can also stop science from the study of the animal.

Laws are really a catch 22...

I think I am over the naysayers, or people in my life that dismiss me (as though they were waiting for an excuse!) or don't take the time to look at the evidence..I accept I know something many may never know (or will....if the DNA ever comes out...?) .and I feel more realistic about the limits of "science" and the need for individuals to stay employed....

I also looked deeply enough (and watched the different attitudes online) to see the outcome of outing is not so straightforward...in fact many people seem to feel they need to be managed - either for human safety or thiers... I think we need more info to conclude much....so?

I don't know the answer. I honestly don't know....I personally want to meet a Bigfoot for an extended period....to see if there is any way we can cross the divide meaningfully.....but beyond that, just knowing there are wild versions of something close to us, no taxes, no buildings, etc....living on this earth as part of it, rather than bulldozing it (well what are we doing to the planet? I do like my down comforter...and car...) gives me some pleasure...I like knowing they are out there.

I have no desire for a body as DNA is sufficient for me... and I prefer to wait for "who they are" via anthropologists...and without killing one (Dead BFs don't talk anyway)

just as an aside....the reactions of people are telling IMO and I find (when I do choose to share) that those who entertain the idea..or even just listen, I like more than those who wave their hand and say impossible.....perspective helps!

Edited by apehuman

It's a "No" from me, too. I think they are doing OK on their own. Plus, I like the mystery of it, as do most of us I suspect (the ones who haven't seen one at any rate).

Best regards,

Lee

Edited by dopelyrics

If I did not want Bigfoot found, then this endevour would be a complete waste of my time. The "mystery" and conversation (speculation) does not interest me in the slightest. The real evidence is non existant. I don't even want to get into describing most of the people involved in this field. You need a good mystery? Find good books to read, it would be a lot simpler, cheaper and less insane.

It's a "No" from me, too. I think they are doing OK on their own. Plus, I like the mystery of it, as do most of us I suspect (the ones who haven't seen one at any rate).

Best regards,

Lee

You know - I think mystery of it is part of the draw for some. Nothing wrong with that at all - if there was no mystery left in life I guess we wouldn't need science out there trying to solve everything from unlocking the cures for cancer - or even understanding DNA. What about our space program.

I think the love of "mystery" is inherently human. Most of us want to know what we don't understand.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm with JohnCartwright on this. If Bigfoot is never going to be discovered I should probably quit right now. I really want to learn more about them and I think it may take recognition by the science community first for that to happen because it seems we need some serious research at this point, not hoaxers on YT recording themselves for attention. Also, I think it could help put an end to the debate on all the psychic & inter dimensional stuff.

No, you should never quit or not have faith that Bigfoot is out there. Keep working towards the scientific documentation of this creature like you mentioned.

Guest VioletX

Melissa's posts on this topic are resonating with me, and I think it is inevitable that we will find proof.

But I am hoping it is not a body or a live capture.

Can't we just convince one to turn itself in, lol? (Temporarily, if course)

Can't we just convince one to turn itself in, lol? (Temporarily, if course)

VioletX - I will be out over this weekend.. I will try the "pretty please" approach - maybe that will work. :)

Guest JenJen of Oldstones

I used to want them to be found and officially recognized, but more and more, I cringe when I think of that happening.

I don't think they need our protection at all. They are so good at self-preservation all on their own that most people don't even believe they exist. So I think it's kind of disingenuous when people give that as a reason for wanting them to be found and officially recognized--especially people/groups like the BFRC who say they want to kill one (or is it 6? I can't really stomach the Operation Persistence thread but I think someone commented there that the BFRC want to kill six Bigfoots?) so that they can be studied and given protection is disgusting.

There's no doubt in my mind that they exist. The sighting reports are that convincing to me. And I believe that a lot of the videos and pictures that I've seen are real. I can't think of them as specimens. I can't think of them as animals. I can't think of them as apes. I know they have a lot of behaviors that can be considered ape-like, but it's my belief that we aren't seeing the whole picture of them at all. We are seeing only a few pixels, so to speak. We also get glimpses of their more human-like behavior. Who knows, maybe they purposefully act ape-like when they know humans are watching, to enhance the scare factor and to repel humans.

Anyway, to make a short story long... I want to be able to see one in my lifetime, but not on the world news.

I waffle back and forth.

I would very much like to know what they are genetically.

As an unrecognized species, a myth per se, they are as a species safer because only a few hundred folks like us are out there looking for them. They have proven that - right now - that they don't much need our help staying hidden and safe - we can't even get decent pix of them, much less bodies (that aren't disappeared).

As a recognized species, it opens the door to much fear and misunderstanding. I took my son and his best friend to a farm this weekend for Halloween. It's on a large river, that has a whole bunch of islands and they are covered in tall trees and deep brush and lots and lots of deer - just perfect sasquatch habitat. The farm is filled with cattle, goats, chickens, turkeys and lots of corn, pumpkins etc. It would be an ideal set up. So, I asked the farmer if they'd ever lost animals inexplicably or if they'd had any weirdness. We had an interesting conversation - no, they've only lost a very few animals, mostly turkeys, and they'd assumed raccoons or mountain lions. No, they had no idea if crops went missing, because they have so much. No, they've never looked for or seen footprints or heard knocking or whistling - but then again, they've never listened before, either. The first question she then wanted to know is "Are they dangerous?" "Do they attack?" "Are there people who can remove then (aka kill) if they become troublesome predator animals?" - So, her first thoughts were on how dangerous they are. IF they are proven as a species, I think that will instantly be the first question asked - and it won't be believed that they are primarily gentle and shy animals, simply because of their bulk and strength and intelligence.

Second, if they are recognized, there will be a black market and there will be very dangerous people in the woods who are willing to break the law (assuming any are enacted). Third, it'll have a huge economic impact - bigfoot rights activist will spring up and make the spotted owl campaigns look childish. Logging will be stopped and building curtailed (both good things in my opinion), and whole town economies will tank. Fourth, there will be a huge outcry from religious communities (and I won't expand upon that, but I bet you all can imagine). Fifth, the National and Regional Parks will suffer enormous losses financially as folks just decide not to take the risk on running into wild hominids in the woods, though some will go - and take stupid risks - to do exactly that. Sixth, with more people taking potshots at potential bigfoots to kill one - legal or not - then innocent people and bigfoots will get hurt. Seventh, some of those bigfoots will not be happy about getting shot at or their family members killed and they will defend themselves, setting up a negative feedback loop with unhappy endings all around as some go rogue (insane) or become very defensive of their family members... or they'll disappear into the deep deep woods, and more of them will die as food sources disappear - choosing between safety and food. And I just think it'll be sad to see a bigfoot in the zoo, caged and sad - though it'd make lots of money. And animal testing - can you imagine? They already use chimps and gorillas in research - if bigfoots are closer to humans genetically, that puts them at risk for becoming a medical experiental species, and that's simply horrifying to contemplate.

What would be the benefits to bigfoots by being recognized? Legal protection? Pieces of paper, ask any woman who has had a restraining order how well that works out. Access to veterinary care? Minimal, got to find them first. Study and research on them specifically? They don't want to be any part of our civilization, or they'd already be here. They want to remain invisible to us, because they are.

Either way, it's not looking good for bigfoots. Being unrecognized seems better for the species, imho. - just continue to be seen by the vast majority of Americans as a myth and most of those unintended negative consequences never materialize.,.

In order to protect them if proven, they'd have to be granted most of the same rights as human beings - the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That's the only way imo to protect them as a species.

We can't even give human beings different than the majority their rights - look at the fights over gay rights and abortion (and that's all I'll say - is that people are very passionate about it, either side adn we can't agree) . We tolerate slavery across the globe. We allow children to starve to death daily.

There would be anti-bigfoot and pro-bigfoot groups and lobbyists going at it. It would be mayhem.

Maybe it's best avoided. We are not a responsible enough species to handle the truth.

BFF Members- I for one would rather that the Sas people not be found but that seems to be an unfortunate senerio. Science seems to be on the verge of confirmation. Also I do not need to know, I already know and that verification would confirm that fact for some and IMHO protection will protect the Sas from pro-kill advacates. With all that said, a Free- Roam policy would IMO be the best approach to protection and at the same time without undue harrassment.

• masterbarber locked this topic