Am I The Only One Really Wanting This To Be Over So I Can Move On?

I've been doing some serious thinking the last day or so, and I've reached the conclusion that if/when BF is documented, I'll probably be moving on.

I've come to realize that I have two personal goals for my participation in BF research and debate:

1) Documentation of BF as a "take that" to the people who have looked at me funny when I have talked about my experience. (Petty reason, I know, but there it is).

2) I like the debate as much if not more than the resolution. Documenting BF ends the most crucial debate on the subject of existence. Once that is established, the rest will work itself out in due course.

I'll probably take up another "phenomenological" topic where the debate on validity is still an open issue be it a paranatural topic like ghosts, or UFOs, or alternative history theory (to name three that interest me),

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Well, I already investigate ghosts and now going to take up squatching - going to hit the Pine Barrens this spring in my home state - so I guess if I were to drop Bigfoot from my interests I could always fill the void with unicorns and chupacabras.

Really do wish I lived out in the Northwest, while I do think there is a strong possibility these is Bigfoot activity out here in the East, you know the Northwest is where you want to be for the action, followed closely by Oklahoma and Texas.

Edited by Ronnie Bass

I've been doing some serious thinking the last day or so, and I've reached the conclusion that if/when BF is documented, I'll probably be moving on.

I've come to realize that I have two personal goals for my participation in BF research and debate:

1) Documentation of BF as a "take that" to the people who have looked at me funny when I have talked about my experience. (Petty reason, I know, but there it is).

2) I like the debate as much if not more than the resolution. Documenting BF ends the most crucial debate on the subject of existence. Once that is established, the rest will work itself out in due course.

I'll probably take up another "phenomenological" topic where the debate on validity is still an open issue be it a paranatural topic like ghosts, or UFOs, or alternative history theory (to name three that interest me),

Am I the only one that feels this way?

You're not going anywhere Mulder till we have ourselves a big party. Skeptics invited, Crow apetizers, the whole bit. LOL

• Upvote 4

SY, I actually LOVE the party idea.

You know, I have been thinking about this, as well. One of the surprise benefits I have derived from this is the discovery that I LOVE philosophical and scientific debate. I have learned more about science...And its underpinnings in philosophy, from the sasquatch question than from anything else. It gives me a framework to hang concepts and thought processes on. It has made me very interested in 'profiling'...After the MANY threads by folks who were telling us lies, discovering that they have 'tells', just like a serial criminal. The absolute wonder of how this forum broke down the Georgia Freezer Story in less than 48 hours. Many other incidents like this.

But, I do not think it is settled. I think there will NOW be a process of 'winning over' more studies, more research, more debate about the moral and social issues.

Nope, not tired, yet. Probably because I have just sat here in my big comfy chair, and watched it all unfold...Have never worked in the field, do not even BLOG about it. Have just been drinking it all in for ten years, or so. In a way, I HAVE been tempted to start thinking about writing a history of the sasquatch story in the modern (post PGF) era.

I agree that it's gotten way too annoying and frustrating. Personally, I am going to boycott all future Melba threads until an actual report has been read by me.

Who will join me in pledging not to add to any Melba Ketchum threads until they have read the report? This is my last 'til then.

You guys crack me up, you all realize the only acceptable proof will be someone that has HD video for more than a few seconds or someone dragging a body into a police station, right ?

Cannot do that, Kings. For me, personally, there are valid and interesting things being discussed in that thread...So I will continue to participate in my non-antagonistic way.

/The frantic nature of some posts DOES give me pause, however...Some people are VERY invested in this matter.

It's readily apparent that there's a few here on the board that are more emotionally involved than they are objectively curious.

Awwww, just trying lighten the mood a little.

When something unknown is identified, I lose a little of the draw to the unknown. In this case, though, I think I might be MORE interested, depending on what the results of the test are. I find a contemporary hominid fascinating. The current shenanigans... not so much.

Tim B.

• masterbarber locked this topic