Am I The Only One Really Wanting This To Be Over So I Can Move On?

Thank you Mulder for being honest. You confirmed what I have thought for a long time. This subject is something for you to get your debate fix on.

When it is over you will go find some other thing to debate. Gather another flock of bleevers?

I've never kept it secret that proper argumentation to me is just as important as the subject being argued, so there's that you've gotten wrong.

I had much more enthusiasm for the topic when things were different in my life than they are now.

How about yourself? Will you go find another topic to go Skoff and sneer at people about?

Edited by Mulder

For me, if Bigfoot is declared a species its going to open a new can of worms for me, its going to go from "are they real?" to "who are they?". And I just can't wait to start that new chapter.

That's my feeling on the issue. Plus: if Bigfoot were to be recognised and documented as a flesh-and-blood -- "whatever"; there remains a fair-sized handful of other alleged cryptid-type creatures around the globe, IMO possible (even if not very probable) enough, to engage one's interest. I've long been interested in those, as well as in BF.

Obviously, on this matter as on others, people individually "must do what they must do".

If discovery and species recognition comes to pass, I would suspect alot of people I know in my personal life will come to me for addition information. I can't predict for certain what would happen here on the BFF, but I would suspect a surge in people coming here to satisfy thier curiousity.

I feel your pain Mulder. I often wonder if it's a curse, but I press on none the less. You're role might change in a post discovery scenerio, but you'll still have a much needed purpose. If you're suffering from circular argument burnout, take a break, it does wonders.

Guest MrMudder

I think most skeptics would be willing to eat crow, I know I would.

Haha, I hunt crow to eat. http://CrowBusters.com for example lol. Crow breast is deeeeee-lish :). And it's a heck of fun & sport & challenge with magnum long-range (125+ yrds) air rifles. Smartest birds in North America.

But anyways, to the original post... Nope, I don't think I'll ever lose interest in the "bigfoot" or "sasquatch" or "whatever it is" subject, even if they do get found out to the utmost extent.

Edited by MrMudder

Haha, I hunt crow to eat. http://CrowBusters.com for example lol. Crow breast is deeeeee-lish :). And it's a heck of fun & sport & challenge with magnum long-range (125+ yrds) air rifles. Smartest birds in North America..

Is it true that it tastes like chicken?

Guest MrMudder

^ @wickie, it tastes like most game bird, if you like bird. But with a red-meat taste also because, well, it is actually a red meat, lol. Good stuff. Takes 20 seconds to cut out the breast in the field and toss the breast halves in the game bag. Easy. I brine the meat in salt water for 24 hrs before cooking or frying or freezing. But it is a pretty lean bird. Not greasy much.

Edit: We're getting off-subject :)

Edited by MrMudder

^ @wickie, it tastes like most game bird, if you like bird. But with a red-meat taste also because, well, it is actually a red meat, lol. Good stuff. Takes 20 seconds to cut out the breast in the field and toss the breast halves in the game bag. Easy. I brine the meat in salt water for 24 hrs before cooking or frying or freezing. But it is a pretty lean bird. Not greasy much.

SWEET, gunna pop one of those bad boys in my back yard, throw 'em on the grill with a little ketchum....errr.....I mean ketchup, good eatin'

My experience: Eating crow is NEVER off topic at the BFF! :preved:

Guest MrMudder

My experience: Eating crow is NEVER off topic at the BFF! :preved:

Then we need a small-game thread in the Campfire Chat gate. I was going to start an airgun-only (no BB's, pellets only) thread back there soon. Give me a few days or so.

@Mulder, sorry for completely derailing your thread. I'm done posting about fryin-up-some-crows-via-pellet-gun, here ;)

Sure it does. Makes a huge difference.

The way it stands right now, bigfoot is considered a fringe topic, something people chuckle about or don't take seriously. If you or anyone else has a means to produce conclusive evidence this creature exists, it would greatly reduce, if not eliminate the snickering by co-workers, friends, associates, the general public, and mainstream science. It would also open up a whole new avenue of understanding, knowledge, study, wonder, and advancement with regards to nature and how we and other creatures interact with nature.

I find things in nature fascinating, and I don't see the benefit of keeping bigfoot a big secret.

RayG

I concur, bigfoot being a secret does not help the species nor the witnesses that has seen one.Right now they reside between pixies and nessie on the book shelf at the Barnes and Noble book store.

The only thing that would change for me with discovery is that I would hang up my rifle and would no longer occupy myself with providing science with a type specimen. Wether they exist or don't exist is not going to change me one bit, but obviously with my own experience of something unexplained it would feel good to finally have that answer solved once and for all. But I wouldn't go chasing ghosts or crop circles because bigfoot became a real biological entity.

Sure it does. Makes a huge difference.

The way it stands right now, bigfoot is considered a fringe topic, something people chuckle about or don't take seriously. If you or anyone else has a means to produce conclusive evidence this creature exists, it would greatly reduce, if not eliminate the snickering by co-workers, friends, associates, the general public, and mainstream science. It would also open up a whole new avenue of understanding, knowledge, study, wonder, and advancement with regards to nature and how we and other creatures interact with nature.

I find things in nature fascinating, and I don't see the benefit of keeping bigfoot a big secret.

RayG

In the early years of my encounters I have tried real hard to collect the evidense needed to support their existance and what I saw. DNA has always been my goal to the point of actually wanting to shoot one of these creatures. I am not sure when it happen but things changed where that goal of trying to prove them stopped.Ray! some thing changed me in the field dealing with them,it was very profound to a point off letting go of what i now know. They should remain a secret and never be proven.They belong in the wild where they can live free. I hope you can understand on what i am trying to convey. I believe that it is conviction that supports my thinking of why they should remain sercret.

What has man ever done on this earth but destroy ones self. what is it that it is so important of knowing what they are or even if they exist? will that make it right. They want nothing to do with us and our world or the way we live. It is this understanding and conviction that they should remain sercret. They truely have a better life then us and they understand what real freedom is about.If I had to choose between the life i have now or theirs.I would choose theirs since they have and know the true meaning of freedom. Freedom for them is truely without borders so why would any species want to change this. :)

For me, the DNA means squat. I'd like to see a without a doubt, incontrovertible, legit pic or video of one. I would like to "know." All DNA is going to do is confirm a species. I want to see a real one, compare it to what I've seen on screen my whole life with Patty. See how it stacks up to the accounts of dogmen, wildmen, skunk apes, forest people, the Six Million Dollar Man, and others. Since I'm not an outdoorsy type, I'm not going to be doing that first hand. Once it's proven, I'll move on. May watch the NG special about them when it comes out, but that's about it. I have too many other interests in life, normal as well as, well...paranormal. Ancient aliens, giants, monoliths, mysterious places are all sub-interests I have and like to learn about as a diversion.

• 4 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2012 at 0:21 PM, Guest said:

I've been doing some serious thinking the last day or so, and I've reached the conclusion that if/when BF is documented, I'll probably be moving on.

I've come to realize that I have two personal goals for my participation in BF research and debate:

1) Documentation of BF as a "take that" to the people who have looked at me funny when I have talked about my experience. (Petty reason, I know, but there it is).

2) I like the debate as much if not more than the resolution. Documenting BF ends the most crucial debate on the subject of existence. Once that is established, the rest will work itself out in due course.

I'll probably take up another "phenomenological" topic where the debate on validity is still an open issue be it a paranatural topic like ghosts, or UFOs, or alternative history theory (to name three that interest me),

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Well, I know for sure that I don't.  Contrary to what a lot of people think, somebody shooting one is only the beginning of a process that may lead to proof for everyone.

Or not.

I'm in this - and I wonder how few are, I doubt any skeptics - out of a lifelong interest in animals and the outdoors. That may be the only way one can know this is real, as few do who don't have that orientation and expertise (and I'm not talking about 'true believers' who are basically here for the 'phenomenological').  If you don't have that grounded interest and developed understanding, this has got to be the most frustrating thing you have ever put yourself through.  And boy I feel your pain.  OK, not, but boy I *see* it.

Edited by DWA

"And boy I feel your pain. Ok, not, but boy I *see* it."  

I laughed, but I do think there are many paths to truth..... I do not have a lifelong interest in animals and the outdoors. I have had an interest in spiritual things for a long time now, though, and the BF are great teachers in that arena. But because of the BF, who pulled me out into the woods, I have a new awareness of what's out there in the natural world, and I want to be in that world more often now, regardless of who I meet there.

I think what Mulder (the OP) said about liking debate was interesting. I have always thought that love of "debate" was just something the pretend skeptics (not the true ones) had to fall back on as a justification for their presence here. It seemed clear to me that a knower (like Mulder) would be here for very different reasons -- to push forward that day when they were "vindicated" (as Mulder said was a motivator for him, but was never an issue for me); to kind of boast about their new knowledge (which I'm sad to say probably WAS more of an issue for me); or just to share the information they now had (which was part of my motivation, in addition to ego). 

Debate for debate's sake didn't seem like a very worthy thing, to me.

But the spiritual lessons that the BF teach (like the spiritual lessons that all beings and situations teach) maybe show that debate -- even about things that, to me, are not debatable (I cannot unknow what I know to please someone who doesn't know) -- is not so bad, after all. The main lesson the BF (and all beings/situations) are here to teach is really about the paradox I talked about recently in another thread (and always talk about): that we are at one and the same time sovereign, unique beings, and connected to all other beings. And we don't "connect" well. We feel we've connected only when we "win"; when we dominate. But no one person is ever supposed to dominate. We are only meant to talk to each other, which is a way (although only one of many) to express, to honor, that underlying connection we all have. 

So now, more than ever, I appreciate what drove Mulder to "debate" here and wish he -- or she? -- were still here to do it. I think he/she was right: "resolution" is not the point. Talking is. Connecting is. (And being respectful while doing it.)

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked this topic