Red Eyes?

Guest vasquatch1984

Guest vasquatch1984

I was reading another thread on scary Bigfoot stories and came across a couple quotes that intrested me. One is by Tautriadelta about red eyed BF's and how he/she heard they were to be avoided. Anyone have any further info or insight on this?

Here's the link

Guest vasquatch1984

I'm not sure I follow? I mean albinos have red eyes. I do agree with you on internet fodder though. Sounds very Hollywood movie monster. Ya know the one...red glowing eyes are evil and all that. Does anyone have any insights?

Has anyone here had a red eye sighting? I've googled for info about red eyeshine and glowing red eyes - and what I get is that I either saw a bigfoot, or a demon. :) Not sure which I find more disturbing.

I can explain the red eyes if it's a sighting from Washington or Colorado.

I heard tell of a wise elf counseling Santa not to accept any baked treats offered in homes from those two states.......

SNY - Middle of the night in Central Oregon, running with my daughter on a red cinder road (We were doing a 216 mile relay), at a slow run, because we were tired and it was a gentle uphill for 6.5 miles, we saw glowing red eyes. My daughter saw it first. She was on the right, and saw them, apparently still, off the right side of the road. As the eyes moved into the road I saw them. They were up high, appearing to be 30 feet or so in front of us and higher than our heads by a fair amount. They stared straight at us all the way across the road, staying level the whole way. We were freaked out and just kept running! Our team van was a good 2+ miles away, and there was nothing to do but run. As we got to the spot that seemed to be where "it" had crossed I looked left into the forest. The eyes were still looking at us, and seemed to be 100 feet away at least. Distances, and height, were hard to judge definitively, because it was so dark. I was using an LED headlight. All we could ever see was my beam of light, the roadway immediately in front of me, and the eyes.

Guest vasquatch1984

It seems that its bad juju of some sort. At least that's what I've gathered.....I'm not sure if its Hollywoodmumbojumbo, but ^had an experience. I just wonder what the old ranger meant about avoiding them (see link in post 1, should be midway down the page). I think I've read something to that effect somewhere else too, but I never paid it any mind...

I mean, could it be possible that there are evil bigfoots (bigfeets?) Out there?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find there are a few whacked (read: psycho-evil) squatches out there.

But attributing evil to red eyes?

Ennhhh...I'll have to chew on that one awhile.

Maybe it has something to do with the individual BF's genetic make-up?

We have different colored eyes.

For example, my eyes are brown, my middle brother had blue eyes and my youngest brother has green eyes.

Perhaps eyeshine color in BF might have something to do with that?

Just shooting in the dark on this since I have no idea.

But, I am shooting at red eyeshine (in the dark).

Edited by MikeU

BFF Patron

Scott Herriot saw glowing red eyes.

In daylight no less. Only seen green personally, at night..... so red eyes ain't my thing.

I saw dull glowing "eyeshine" (If... it was that) twice now, in the field. Once in NY, and once in Vermont (two of us witnessed the same event). Both times, it was on the move. In the Vermont incident, it seemed to be blinking.. or else it was the effect seen, from the moving "something" passing behind trees.

I have no idea.. exactly why it was red, but don't associate it with being anything evil.

• masterbarber locked this topic