Red Eyes?

Guest vasquatch1984

BFF Patron

Anybody ever see purple-eyed squatch, a combination of red and green?

I need a new set of LED Christmas lights and just had the thought. :kingxmas:

Guest vasquatch1984

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find there are a few whacked (read: psycho-evil) squatches out there.

But attributing evil to red eyes?

Ennhhh...I'll have to chew on that one awhile.

Maybe it has something to do with the individual BF's genetic make-up?

We have different colored eyes.

For example, my eyes are brown, my middle brother had blue eyes and my youngest brother has green eyes.

Perhaps eyeshine color in BF might have something to do with that?

Just shooting in the dark on this since I have no idea.

But, I am shooting at red eyeshine (in the dark).

That makes the most sense. I mean there's a lot of lore and legend out there, sometimes (for me anyway) its hard to find hard facts. It seems that everyone who has had a sighting, it tends to be majoritively positive, a few negitive and some that attributed it to negitive out of fear where the BF's intentions can't be clearly defined. I'm sure there are bad/evil bigfoots out there like anyother animal. I also wonder if they (outside of the typical great ape territory defense behavor we hear a lot about) get aggressive due to injury or if mental issues exsist within their communties like it does in ours?

I don't see red eyes that much, but once in a while, yes. My old camera had a red spot it made on pics and videos sometimes, I guess a burn spot from the sun maybe. So I know one will be in a certain place on the pic. But others would be seen from time to time mostly in deep shadows....some red spots in the dark.. The new camera picks up red spots too, so I know it's not the equipment. More than that.... the expression seeing red.....maybe we are projecting but maybe not.

Guest vasquatch1984

Its an intresting concept IMO. I mean, my question is if its just a difference between individuals, is there some creedence to legands, or is it some sort of lighting difference that causes the eyes to reflect differently?

Growing up in the middle of nowhere, we did a fair amount of spot lighting and I've never seen a red eye glow....

My good friend saw red eye shine once and it was in an area that we have had other sightings and evidence. We also captured the full body thermal in the same area( http://bigfootforums...he-group-im-in/ )

The guys didn't see any red eye shine when they captured the thermal, but in this other sighting there was definite red eyes. To be clear, it wasn't the same two people during both sightings. Both situations they were walking with no lights at all. The night of the red eye shine there was enough moonlight that it allowed them to walk with no lights and no thermal. The night of the thermal capture it was very cloudy and very dark with no moon light showing.

The night of the red eyes they were walking in the dark and one of them saw 2 very bright red eyes about 20 feet away. The eyes were a little taller than them and it was standing a little down hill from them. He turned to the girl he was walking with and told her to look. Very shortly after that the eyes disappeared and they heard very loud crashes going through the woods. Both of them did see the eyes though. He said he could not believe how loud it was when it took off through the woods. It freaked him out a little bit.

Our theory is the eyes are extremely reflective and even a small amount of moonlight will make them a very bright red. I have no idea why some are not red though. It's a big mystery.

I have no doubt he is telling the truth and I don't have another explanation as to what it could have been except a squatch.

Guest reelback

Our theory is the eyes are extremely reflective and even a small amount of moonlight will make them a very bright red. I have no idea why some are not red though. It's a big mystery.

I believe this phenomena is probably the same one you get when you get red eye in photographs. As to why its seen sometimes and not others, angles, light levels, factors like that are likely the reason.

It may be more prominent in a BF via adaptation.

I don't think its much of a mystery, its well documented:

http://en.wikipedia..../Red-eye_effect

The main cause of the red color is the ample amount of blood in the choroid which nourishes the back of the eye and is located behind the retina. The blood in the retinal circulation is far less than in the choroid, and plays virtually no role. The eye contains several photostable pigments that all absorb in the short wavelength region, and hence contribute somewhat to the red eye effect.

eye_soleil_red_eye.jpg

307980014_3e3cdb5f87_z.jpg?zz=1

Severe_red_eye.jpg

Edited by reelback

BFF Patron

I can tell you it is not the same phenom. Check one of the many other threads

It has been seen in daylight by many folks

Edited by bipedalist

Guest vasquatch1984

It seems to be an individual thing. Some people report green eyes, some brown, some just see the whites, but the red eye thing seems to be different. I thought it might be the "red eye" effect or some sort of glare from a light source, but now I'm not really sure

BFF Patron

Nope, you've dived into a topic that has been covered heavily over the last few years on this very forum. If you don't choose to seek out those threads then happy opinion to you. I choose to disagree based on personal sighting experience and the experiences of others.

Guest vasquatch1984

I'm not here to dismiss anyone Bipedalist. I'm just here to find answers. A lot of the stuff I read tends to contridict what others say, not saying anyones wrong, just saying its really leaving me with more questions then answers. I respect your input, because you have a fair amount of experience and insights into the matter.

BFF Patron

If you listen to imonacan and read his opinions then you will see that he has observed a type of blinking that is odd with the eyeshine. I myself have seen a glow and head turns/shoulder-torso turns with this green sparkly type of almost flashing eyeshine with varying intensity. If this were an ambient light phenomenon of red reflex eyeshine, when the heads were turned you shouldn't have seen that.....that is the difference.

Only difference was, I verified it was coming from an unidentified bipedal over several evenings worth of observation. So between his observations and my observations I feel quite certain we have seen and pigeon-holed a real phenomenon. Two makes a trend but as you say it is by no means an understood phenomenon.

Edited by bipedalist

Guest vasquatch1984

I find it very interesting, and you two aren't the only people I've heard of this being observed by. Thanks for the insights!

• masterbarber locked this topic