Goodbye, Scott

Guest LAL

BFF Patron

Scott, tirademan, was a trooper, and will be missed. He did a lot of work for those Bigfooters he associated with behind the scenes. Best known for his CD series and compilations of old newspaper archives mentioning BF and wildman, he also was a witness to a Henderson County, NC late night road crossing and after my NC sighting we compared notes and he jump-started my interest in the field by being so accessible.

Scott I know you helped the forum think through some tough issues at a difficult time in your life and you will be missed and were greatly appreciated.

As an aside, Scott and my own sightings were alike in some ways in that we both witnessed small bipeds.

Edited by bipedalist

My favorite too, Rockape. Kind of a hero to me, as his contributions documenting BF in the historical record stands, arguably IMO, among the most compelling evidence for the existence of "wild men" or "wood apes" in America.

I am deeply saddened and shocked (I too was unaware of his illness). Thank you, and Godspeed, Scott, we will all miss you!!!

Admin

R.I.P. Scott McClean (TiradeMan).

We have lost a great one. It was Scott's archives of very old BF related articles which made me look past my initial BF interest from the PGF film.

I don't know where he found them, and he always claimed it was one big stash he discovered, but I never believed him. He was just too humble to beat his chest about the extraordinary amount of research he did.

Scott spent a lot of time and effort researching every one of those articles and he single-handedly annihilated the claim that BF is a Post-PGF, copy cat phenomena. It was very effective, and that's the reason you don't hear that claim anymore. All one has to do is direct the person to Scott's archives and they shut up.

We are grateful for his great contribution to the community and to the BFF. We will always be in his debt.

My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Edited by gigantor

Guest BFSleuth

I only knew Scott as Tirademan, and only for a couple of short years during my tenure as a BFF member. However, I was greatly impressed with his archive of historical bigfoot sightings, gleaned from old newspaper accounts. As Gigantor said, this must have taken a tremendous amount of time and energy to compile. We should all be thankful for Tirademan's (Scott's) efforts to bring historical information about bigfoot to our attention.

My condolences to his friends and family, may he rest in peace.

This is a sad day. I only knew Scott as Tirademan, and, I always looked forward to his contributions to any thread.

It was always a treat to see his name in a thread because I knew I was in for a blast from the BF past, and would learn something.

RIP Scott.

Like Gigantor, I credit Tirademan fully for squashing the rather recent idea that sasquatch sightings conform to the 'little grey aliens' meme...That the only reason people describe what they see the way they do, is because of the PGF.

I found his posts endlessly fascinating, and he was one of the best reasons to come to the BFF.

Only wish he had lived long enough to see real, MODERN headlines, making a big announcement.

I only ever exchanged notes with Scott one time probably 7 or 8 years ago through BFF1, but thought him to always be a nice guy. I told him then that I greatly appreciate all the time and effort he placed into collecting all those many old news accounts. He made a very worthwhile contribution to the serious study of this subject. He was one of the good guys interested and involved in this subject

We're all just passing through temporarily...