Hand To Hand Combat

Guest alex

Guest ThePattyArcade

Chuck Norris- maybe

Normal human- nope

You're not thinking of taking one on, are you? :P

Edited by ThePattyArcade

If this creature charged you, do you think its possible to take it down just with your bare hands? people have wrestled bears before

Yes, it can be taken down. Kick to the groin.

They are not as great as everyone says, if they were, they would dominate the continent.

They are weak, ambush hunters, who can't even use tools. They are perhaps lucky, but they are stupid creatures, and I could get one in an Ezekiel choke and put it to sleep.

Many thanks to the OP and to Drew for equal guffaw-producing postings. A little levity is a damned fine thing, whether intentioned or not.

Guest uprightchimp

hand to hand with a bigfoot!!?? :wacko: incase most of you in here had forgotten, a BONOBO (pigmy chimp) would be able to kill a human, forget the GORILLA & they are about 2 times SMALLER than a bigfoot!! you guys in here (exept for a few of us that is) know just how powerful the other in folk primates ARE, & HERE we are talking about a unknown primate that walks upright, standing about 7 for a big female, 8-10 for a big male weighting in about 500 for the female, perhaps 700-1,000 for these big males, which I might add have up to (& surpassing) 17 inch feet, dinner-plate sized hands who can EASLY throw rocks the size of BASKETBALLS (no problem with the hand size I mentioned) & throw them VERY easly & very accurate @ you! a human without a BIG gun (45-50 cal) has NO chance in hell of taking out a bigfoot by himself-maybe grizzlies could since they ARE of similar bulk & size ( @ least getting in a few good swipes with their similar sized PAWS as BF's hands) see, you must understand that these unknown primates are about 2-3 times size of mountain gorillas & only infants or MAYBE gibbons you might but nothing BIGGER in the higher primate family could you EVER stand a chance, this I know for a FACT.

Edited by uprightchimp

Guest Ouachita caveman

I agree with uprightchimp.

My curiosity lies in his

natural enemies, which would likely

be grizzly bears. Could Sasquatch

hold his own with an equal sized grizzly or black bears,

and for that matter, a large gorilla ?? I'd love to

see Sasquatch jump out of the woods and protect some

hiker or group from a rampaging bear, wouldn't that be

a cool sight ?

Guest Lesmore

Ever see the movie, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ?

There's a scene in the movie where one of the other gang members...a giant of a man... challenges Butch to a fight for the leadership.

Butch says ok....but we need rules. The giant says rules....we don't need no stinkin' rules....at that point Butch kicks the giant....how do I say....strategically and hard. :wacko:

That's the way to handle Bigfoot if there's to be a fight to the finish !! :D

Edited by Lesmore

I am sure many will disagree with me, but I feel the fight was already won long ago.

If that was not the case, they would be discussing cagey fast little hair less apes that scare the crap out of their women folk and children during picnic outings on a website not unlike this one........

Men are pack hunters.......you do not fight one of us you fight all of us. And "all" of us could mean in the thousands even during the stone age. This is of course the big picture, but I am sure because of this most large competing omnivore is going to give way to Homo Sapiens. Even during most bear encounters, it's the bear that yields ground to the human. And not the other way around.

But if you are all by yourself and you do have a encounter with a squatch and it does become violent? You have two choices, as you do with any large omnivore.

1) Hope the attack is non predatory, in which you submit and do not fight back. Which diffuses the situation and the animal backs off.

2) Understand that the attack IS predatory (which means your intended to be lunch) in which case you fight for everything your worth. Make your escape if you can, but you MUST fight off the attack or die.

I do not think there is enough known about this creature to write a do's and don'ts manual. But the boy scout motto is a grand thing, and if you step out into the wilderness you best be prepared with either pepper spray, or a weapon your comfortable with or both. Because when you step out of the vehicle, you become a part of the menu, whether you like it or not. It's eat or be eaten, and since you lack fangs, claws or 20 of your spear toting stone age hunting partners, as a modern human you have technology to your advantage so you best use it.

Just my .02 cents.

Did you notice the part where they don't engage in hand-to-hand combat with the lions? P:

J/k, great video!

- Shake

Do you think lions understand hand to hand combat? Or do they simply smell humans and from thousands of years of being conditioned that humans equal fear and death do they normally yield to us? And there are always exceptions, some lions prey on humans as well, but usually it ends up turning out very bad for the lion. Lions are just being lions, where as humans can focus a lot of brain power on things like personal vendettas and revenge. It can be seen as our own personal gift or curse depending on how you look at it. But lions cannot send runners to the four corners of the Serengeti with a message to kill all men wearing a red cloak they see. Because uncle Simba was killed by guy with a red cloak! But that is exactly what happens when a lion kills a human. Brain power beats brawn every time.

And hopefully we do not have a 3 foot tall green ET with a death ray in our future anytime soon to reinforce this lesson to us.

if you want to see what something big can do to something small ie a man, search for 'bull fighter gored by bull'. its shocking, i told you so, but the guy made a full recovery. an award winning pic of it was in our sunday paper magazine and i found a video of it. the guy was thrown around like he was a rag doll. :blink: bf vs arnie with an uzi maybe but its hastalavista otherwise

Guest gershake

if you want to see what something big can do to something small ie a man, search for 'bull fighter gored by bull'. its shocking, i told you so, but the guy made a full recovery. an award winning pic of it was in our sunday paper magazine and i found a video of it. the guy was thrown around like he was a rag doll. :blink:

Fully deserved it IMO.

that wasnt my point. it was a question about size and ferocity at the point of death. bull or bull fighter. cruelty/ animal sport/ veggie or burger muncher is another thread.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I don't think the end result of hand to hand combat with a Bigfoot would be positive for the researcher. If you accept that the creatures exist, I can say most assuredly that if you have not seen one of these creatures yet, prepare yourself to be humbled. That .44 magnum on your side will seem like a cap pistol and while looking up at the towering creature, one may feel like a 5 year old child looking up at his adult bodybuilder buff Dad. :lol: I don't know if one would be able to combat the juvenile creature? Chimpanzees have what, about 3 or 4 times the strength of a man? Not my first choice of an opponent. Chris B.