Hand To Hand Combat

Guest alex

One point Lesmore.. on bears and primates.. the tendon placement for the muscle function favors bears over primates because of leverage.. or so I am told and have read. But if the big ones have the extra strength of tropical great apes.. or something in comparison, maybe that is your equalizer.. from the reports I have read I would give the big ones the agility edge. Just thought I would throw in something to ponder :) We obviously do not have anatomical knowledge yet on them. And I have seen several reports that suggests bear predation.. but only one squeaky report on a grizzly being a goner from a potential clash with the big guy.. twisted neck. I know of two other reports or incidences regarding possible interactions ... one report stated the observer(s) saw a grizz in a large open area just go into a major rush dash one way and a large sas running at full speed the other way. Related or coincidence? No idea. It suggests natural separation? I also recall reading something about a grizzly that was just a mess with broken jaw and other damage.. the hunters couldnt imagine how this specimen ended up this way. Natural thought suggests another grizz. Just reporting what I read...

if there was Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Ong Bak together in a knuckle crunching, knee and elbow flying ninja fest the hairy guy is toast.

No Way! They are too smart. They would run....fast..

I'm sure someone out there in this world has the skills to fight a Sasquatch.

Myself? I'm not willing to test my hand-to-hand combat skills with ANY wildlife. Let alone a BF. :huh:

This is why I bring my bear mace and taser with me.

OMG, Do you really carry a Taser with you in the woods? Bear Mace sounds essential, but can just regular people like me purchase a Taser? The last time my guys went backpacking I got them some bear spray and if I remember correctly, a horn in a can to help scare away a bear, or to bring help perhaps. I worry about my guys being in the woods alone, even my soldier son was along, and I made him promise not to fight a bear..Just to run if the spray and whistle did not work..

Men, can't live with them, and can't live w/o them! Most of the time I live with them, well all the time I live with them.... :wacko::blink: Peacefully..

However, Can we purchase a taser? Edited to add: Legally?

Edited by Susiq2

Guest gershake

"Taser devices are not considered firearms by the United States government.[51] They can be legally carried (concealed or open) without a permit in 43 states. They are prohibited for citizen use in the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island,[52] and Wisconsin, as well as certain cities and counties. Their use in Connecticut and Illinois is legal with restrictions.[53]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser#United_States