Squatch Themed Beers

Guest DantheMan

Very good to hear folks. Get to sample some beers from across the pond at some Ale Festivals here in the UK. Last year one had Kalamazoo Black Silk, Sandiago Session IPA, Cascadian Dark Ale, Yakima Sun and Ninety Shilling.

Samuel Adams and Sierra Nevada beers are available in some stores but these are pretty standard I guess. Need to brush up on the US/Canadian scene a bit more methinks.

Here are a few others that haven't been mentioned. The Hopworks one is seasonal and comes out with a different design every year.

Hopworks Abominable Winter Ale-

Hopworks-Abominable-Print-FINAL-RGB.png

Fremont Abominable Ale-

de_1321_lg.jpg

Six Rivers Bluff Creek Pale Ale-

Label_BluffCreek.png

Sacramento Brewing Co. Sac-Squatch (out of production)

1322.jpg

Edited by roguefooter

Guest DantheMan

Hopworks Abominable Winter Ale is pretty darn good brew, I'd recommend picking it up if you happen to see it somewhere.

I recognize the name of my homebrew could make one hesitant to try it, but I chose that name because i am a bit of a smart arse.......my buddies all love drinking my homebrew, and making fun of my squatch beliefs......... so I figured I'd let them drink some squatch nut, of course I will wait until they have had a glass or two before letting them know the name!

@DWA, I agree beer isn't a hallucinogen....but you best be careful....don't need to develop "Squatch Goggles".

Guest Travis Bille

I live about 3 miles from Six Rivers Brewery, the one that makes Bluff Creek Pale ale. They also make a Sasquatch Double IPA.

They also hosted "Bobo's squatchtastic party" a few month ago

• 4 weeks later...

Craft/micro is a huge deal in the States. There may be more small brewers now than there were at the very height of American small brewing - shortly before such as Anheuser-Busch took sole responsibility for downgrading American beer quality in favor of mass marketeering.

Really good recent BBC article about the influence that US craft brewing is having in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21541887

Recently kicked off my first batch of home-brew. Plumped for a rich, dark malty ale. It's just a few days in it's conditioning keg. Should be ready in a couple of weeks!

I tried that Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale. The Alchohol content was so high, it felt like drinking rubbing alchohol. ****, hope I spelled that right...

I've had the Sasquatch Stout by Pangaea Beer Co. it was/is really good.

Tried the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale and literally had to hold my breath to finish it.

Guest DantheMan

I love it! Mark, congrats on the batch of beer, I'm sure it will be very satisfying!

For those interested, the "Squatch Nut" turned out really good! The downside is it was gone fast. Just kegged a blonde ale that I call "Dan's Dirty Blonde" and immediately brewed another batch of Squatch Nut so it will be ready when the keg is empty.

Home brewing is the best hobby I ever had!

@DWA, I agree beer isn't a hallucinogen....but you best be careful....don't need to develop "Squatch Goggles".

If you want to see amazing examples of "squatch goggles" go read the ketchum threads :)