How Much Would You Invest To Prove Or Disprove The Existence Of Sasquatch

slabdog

How much would you invest to prove or disprove Sasquatch's existence?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Creekfreak

Ive got about 50 grand invested so far on delivery systems meaning you have to have a way of geting there .

Boats atvs jet skis trail bikes a jeep then you have to have all the odds and ends scopes camaras ect it all adds up .

If you want to mount a full scale effort come see me all you will have to bring is a thermal imager thats all I dont have I have all the other equipment to put you where you need to be .

Admin

I would gift $100 to start. If the project showed promise, another $100.

I do think it would be better to pool all of the contributions and establish an X-Prize type of award, that way we get many independent teams competing to win. Amazing feats are possible when people compete...

Edited by gigantor

SSR Team

Slabdog, yours is not a "bad" idea IMO just dificult to impliment. I think such an effort would be hard to organize and a money pit when established.

I too get frustrated at the lack of progress to obtain undeniable scientific proof. Ref Dudlows, BobbyOs and my fears of hunting the species to extinction, man has done it before to far less "intimidating" animals.

Yeah & you need only to watch certain TV Channels & see a thread in the " Camp Fire " Forum to see that blowing away & killing Animals & Birds are something that is very, very popular in North America so i'd personally rather not add fuel to the fire, so to speak..

Yeah & you need only to watch certain TV Channels & see a thread in the " Camp Fire " Forum to see that blowing away & killing Animals & Birds are something that is very, very popular in North America so i'd personally rather not add fuel to the fire, so to speak..

yes, & im in that thread...

So,anti hunting sentiment on behalf of preventing endangerment? interesting,considering the permit fees,donations and taxes(In other words,Investments) paid by North American hunters/hunting organizations are exactly what helped bring some game species back from the brink of endangerment to the success story we enjoy today.

Wildlife populations as a whole do very well when sportsmen/women invest time & $$ in a sound,biologically(not emotionally) based wildlife / land management system.

Now,im NOT suggesting we start a sasquatch season,but if a similiar management system were implemented,id propose an optional donation when hunting licenses are purchased, sort of a"check here to donate $X amount to sasquatch program" kind of deal.

give outdoorsmen a chance to get involved/interested you may be suprised by a potential recurring revenue directed towards proving/managing sasquatch & financing a squatch program as mentioned in the OP B)

• Upvote 1

give outdoorsmen a chance to get involved/interested you may be suprised by a potential recurring revenue directed towards proving/managing sasquatch & financing a squatch program as mentioned in the OP B)

I agree.

If I were involved in the trip/research, up to $1000. If I'm not involved - nothing.

I don't accept that there are "experts" in regards to knowing bigfoot. There can be expert wildlife trackers or expert locomotion researchers or expert biologists... etc etc. Sure there are quite a number of people that seem knowledgeable about the sasquatch mystery but I can't call those people experts on the creatures. Writing a book about them doesn't make you an expert, going camping and investigating sightings doesn't make you an expert. Sure you can be a semi- to full time researcher on sasquatch but are you getting paid to seek out bigfoot? Then it's not really a profession is it? So the only way I'm "investing" money is if I am going along on the trips or included in the research. Sorry if that sounds arrogant.

Boris Khan

SSR Team

yes, & im in that thread...

So,anti hunting sentiment on behalf of preventing endangerment? interesting,considering the permit fees,donations and taxes(In other words,Investments) paid by North American hunters/hunting organizations are exactly what helped bring some game species back from the brink of endangerment to the success story we enjoy today.

Wildlife populations as a whole do very well when sportsmen/women invest time & $$ in a sound,biologically(not emotionally) based wildlife / land management system.

Now,im NOT suggesting we start a sasquatch season,but if a similiar management system were implemented,id propose an optional donation when hunting licenses are purchased, sort of a"check here to donate $X amount to sasquatch program" kind of deal.

That's all great but why would an Animal that isn't recognised by Science, need any help or $$ ??

I don't understand ??

No one knows if the Animal needs any help with anything at all..

I personally think it's doing just fine as it is & a " similar management system " to a " Sasquatch Season " is completely pointless ..

I suppose the Thread & points your maiing are solely if you actually feel that you want the Animal's existence to be proven you want the Animal to be accepted in Science & the World's eyes, which i'm not even hooked on one way or the other anyway really..

Slicktrick, please don't think that I'm anti hunting in any form, fashion, or manner. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My choice of words when I refered to hunting it to extinction were poor. I don't believe there would ever be a season for the takeing of sasquatch, but as far as I know there's not one on gorillas either but that doesn't stop the poachers. I don't think it would be legit hunters that would be the problem if they are ever proven to exist. But you know as well as I that we have problems with deer and bear poachers to this day. Maybe my concerns are not valid, sometimes I tend to overthink things a bit, esp. at 3:00am.

That's all great but why would an Animal that isn't recognised by Science, need any help or $$ ??

I don't understand ??

No one knows if the Animal needs any help with anything at all..

I personally think it's doing just fine as it is & a " similar management system " to a " Sasquatch Season " is completely pointless ..

I suppose the Thread & points your maiing are solely if you actually feel that you want the Animal's existence to be proven you want the Animal to be accepted in Science & the World's eyes, which i'm not even hooked on one way or the other anyway really..

the OP was about how much one would invest to finance(thus the need for $$ ) an effort at proving sasquatch to be real/not real.

someone later expressed concern if squatch were proven to the world to exist that it would be "hunted to extinction"( a reason squatch could possibly need help)

the idea for that help was to let us hunters get involved through $$ donations to fund a management program to prevent "hunted to extinction" scenario if it were pursued by poachers.

serious poaching could very well be the end of its "doing just fine as is" once enough info came out after the discovery to give guys an idea on how to whack a squatch. if that were the situation then the management program would not be "pointless",but necessary,IMHO.

As far as you not being "hooked" on the idea of proving anything....well, id wager you,me & everyone on BFF is "hooked" to some small degree or we wouldnt be on BFF ,would we my friend? ;)

Slicktrick, please don't think that I'm anti hunting in any form, fashion, or manner. Nothing could be farther from the truth. My choice of words when I refered to hunting it to extinction were poor. I don't believe there would ever be a season for the takeing of sasquatch, but as far as I know there's not one on gorillas either but that doesn't stop the poachers. I don't think it would be legit hunters that would be the problem if they are ever proven to exist. But you know as well as I that we have problems with deer and bear poachers to this day. Maybe my concerns are not valid, sometimes I tend to overthink things a bit, esp. at 3:00am.

yes sir, i understand, 3:00 am tends to alter my thought process as well :D

i get your point as well,no worries :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This depends. If It's on a strict mission to prove they exist, then absolutely none. We will find one some day, and I already know they exist, so it doesn't matter to me. If it were a scientific expedition for evidence (which I am doing next summer), I'll probably spend a considerable amount of money.

I have a question. What if someone approached you and showed you undeniable proof of Sasquatch (maybe a foot in the freezer). What if they told you they were never, ever going release it, but they would sell it to you. So how much would you be willing to pay to actually buy proof of Sasquatch?

• masterbarber locked this topic