Bobbie Short Memorial

Bobbie has been a leading light for me over the past five years. She always responded to my emails and was free with her true thoughts. I liked that. No nonsense and to the point.  I just want to  direct those who haven't ever visited her website to do so.  Her grandson won't continue the effort, but will leave it online.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com

She was close to completion of her book, and I do hope we see that. I had seen an advance chapter and was signed up for a copy.  I think it is something that may still be published, I hope so.

I am really sad about this. Really sad, as Bobbie always brought me some joy in this pursuit, and her emails so engaging.  She stayed non-commercial the entire journey, starting with her sighting in the 70's..an up close one...  she had left the tent to pee, and while doing so watched a large Bigfoot stroll right in front of her through the camp, with little attention to her....  and of course we see the result today in one of the best websites out there.

I guess I put this thread up as an opportunity for those who will, to honor her efforts and influence in their lives and the community. I needed to say I love her and will miss her.  My prayers extend to her family and grandson who has announced this sad news.

p.s. i did not know if it was Ok to do this, or what thread..so, if not I apologize in advance...just can't imagine her passing though, without some real pause and recollections... and this is where I hang out on BF topics.

Edited by apehuman

BFF Patron

Bobbie Short (not her real name) was a sometimes confidant in all things BF.  She conversed via email freely and asked my opinions of lots.  We disagreed on alot too.

Didn't make our conversations any less remarkable.

I recently realized I hadn't heard from her in some time, and thought maybe it was the book, so I left well enough alone.   I rather suspected something was up though. 

With alot of transitions to deal with I didn't follow up. 

She will be missed and I know she has motivated many with her superb website and presence in life.

A true gem of a lady.

Hope her loved ones savor the good times.

I had wanted to be first to start this thread but sometimes it is better just to be a respondent.

Edited by bipedalist

I just got an email from STeve Kulls about this, I didn't know her personally but anytime someone passes from us it is a sad moment.

Oh my goodness. I didn't know her, either, but I certainly know (and love) that website. Oh dear. That's very sad news, but thanks for sharing it, Apehuman. 

I am saddened to hear this.  I shared many things with her via email.  A wonderful person indeed.  I will miss her.  My thoughts and prayers are with her family.....

Bobbie Short was a real treasure to this community. My condolences to her family and friends.

Bobbie and I had our differences in the last couple of years but I am saddened to hear of her passing. Her webpage was a first rate source on what was going on in the Sasquatch field. I will miss her.

Thomas Steenburg

We shared emails in the past but hadn't heard from her in quite some time.  I hate to pry so I didn't, but maybe I should have in this case. 

Sooooo sad and my prayers and condolences to her family. 

Guest VioletX

Thanks for sharing this news Apehuman. A sad day. Her website was one of my first resouces online and although I did not know her, she is definately a loss to the community as well as her loved ones.

BFF Patron

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2013/05/grandson-says-bobbie-short-suffered.html?spref=fb

Apparently it was somehow related to the above link.

Abe's MNBRT archived show is worth a listen, I caught some of the  show last night.