Rex

New Member Here... With My Story.

96 posts in this topic

Yes, snakes stealing milk was a widely held myth. Others were that some "hoop" snakes could grab their tail in their mouth and roll along like a hoop. My grandfather believed you didn't even have to have good aim to shoot a rattlesnake, you only needed to fire somewhere in the vicinity of its head and the snake would strike out at the bullet as it past by. Snakes are mysterious and inscrutable beings and inspire lots of stories. Some of which may even be true, who knows?

Great report Rex. Sorry to hear about your jump injury. I lost one of my best friends in a skydiving accident just two months after getting out of the Navy.

Never heard of the snake milking cows, but my dad told me about the hoop snake story. He was born in rural southern Missouri in 1903, where he spent the first ten years of his life before the family moved to Montana. His vernacular description of the snakes speed might not pass the "family friendly" test, but boiled down he reported it was credited with being able to roll faster than an ape with a striped posterior could run. It definitely loses punch in the translation.

Cool story Rex and I come from an 82nd AA family too, in fact I'm named after my father's general from when they jumped into St Mere Eglise on D-Day and sitting on my computer desk right in front of me is General James Gavin's brass cup that he used all during the war and which was sent to me on my birth announcement to the General.

ar15squatchin...  as others above have noted.. there are many old wives tales about snakes, very misunderstood creatures and many of the old farmers there actually believed that snakes would literally grab a teat and milk the cow to eat!..  i had two that informed me that they WWATCHED it happen and i didn't know anything.

Same type of thing as the "hoop snake" or the fallacy that copperheads smell like cucumbers or that water moccasins are ferocious and will chase you down.

They are all myths.

Here is a link to a whole list of the common myths:

http://www.oplin.org/snake/myths%20truths/mythstruths.html

Also to answer your other question... i believe i was 12-13 in that range.. I honestly do not know If i even have the year right.. it has been some time.

Cool story Rex and I come from an 82nd AA family too, in fact I'm named after my father's general from when they jumped into St Mere Eglise on D-Day and sitting on my computer desk right in front of me is General James Gavin's brass cup that he used all during the war and which was sent to me on my birth announcement to the General.

That is really cool!   and i see your username is SoFla.. whereabouts might you be.. I am currently in PSL.

You have a valuable piece of history there..

AATW!

His vernacular description of the snakes speed might not pass the "family friendly" test, but boiled down he reported it was credited with being able to roll faster than an ape with a striped posterior could run. It definitely loses punch in the translation.

Indeed it does..  LOL..   :)

I will be working on more later...hopefully i can get it posted tonight.

Edited by Rex

Rex, I am just waiting for your next posting. You write extremely well, which adds to your postings, IMO. Very detailed and descriptive!

Off the official record, it's great!

Officially, just watch the language, if you will. I'd like for your time on the forum to be event-free and very long.

See

Nice plane Rex, is that yours?

p.s. Welcome to the BFF!

Edited by gigantor

Ok.. movin right along and hopefully I can remember all of this in the correct order.

The next thing that i can remember off hand was that one morning I was sitting at the breakfast table eating breakfast.

My mother asked my Step-dad if deer made noises.. loud noises.

I found this odd as i knew the noises deer made, snorts, grunts chuffs, whistles.. and they were typically not that loud.

he explained to her that yes they do and some of the descriptions, she was shaking her head no during the discussion but really said nothing more about it.

IIRC it was right around the middle of May and we would be out of school soon for summer vacation.

One night late at night probably around 3am my mother came into my room and woke me up...  she said to come to the hallway window which faced the back of our property and "listen to this".. i was still half groggy and followed her there. I listened for about ten seconds and heard a long drawn out loud scream / howl coming from the field that was in back of us. It had not been planted that year and it was mostly just weeds and grass.

The scream was loud, it was drawn out and sounded as if whatever it was , was in pain.

It stood the hair up on me and kinda freaked me out. this went on for about another 15 minutes or so and it started to move off to the east at a pretty fair clip. Every dog around was barking and it would scream every ten seconds or so.

We could actually hear it fading away and echoing through out the area as it moved off. i would estimate that it was more than a half mile away when we finally stopped hearing it.

She looked at me and said... "that is what i have been hearing".  I was fully awake by then and just stood there.. probably with my jaw hanging open.  We both went back to bed.

The next morning she asked my S/D if he had heard it because she didn't want to wake him up. He was an Airborne Ranger in korea and was mostly deaf to begin with and he answered in the negative.

we both explained the sounds to him and he didn't have any clue what would do that.

The following weeks were interesting to say the least..

This "thing" started to show up at around 11-12 at night and would just sit out behind the treeline and scream..  these screams were different than the first ones i heard and were more like loud shrieks.. a higher pitch..  every minute or so. we woke the S/D and had him listen to it and he was speechless.

This thing would sit out there and scream ALL NIGHT. it would finally stop and wander off to the east at around 4-5 in the morning.. we could still hear it at long distances and it would shut up after it had traveled again about a half mile or so.

This started to get bad and it would show up earlier.. 9 or so and do the same thing every night. My S/D worked at a steel mill and he brought home some light bulbs.. i have no idea what they were from but looked like a car headlight (round) and had prongs on them that would plug into an extension cord.

We plugged one into a cord and waited.. sure enough night fell and an hour or so later it was back.. screaming its full head off.

We plugged the light in and fired it out to the area where the screams were coming from.. but couldnt see the forest for the trees so to speak.. it was bright and illuminated the trees before what was behind them.  We did not see any eyes, or anything moving.

The screaming stopped.. and we scanned as best we could from inside to try and see anything at all.

The trees and brush were too thick and we had no luck.

We shut off the light and roughly a half hour passed before the screams started again.

None of us were getting ANY sleep.. and i was going to school tired. I fell asleep in my chemistry class one day. After class my teacher pulled me aside and asked me if i was OK and if everything was OK at home. I told him about what had been happening.

Completely unexpectedly he wrote down a name on a piece of paper and gave it to me. The name was Curt Sutherly, he was a reporter for the local newspaper and i was told he knows about these things.

I gave the information to my mother and she looked him up and called him. he asked if he could come to our property and check it out for himself. We agreed.

he showed up the next night around 6 and we went through all that had been happening. We stayed up late and he had a cassette recorder with him.. we did not have one.

NOTHING happened that night.  Nothing.

he left and came back the next day, we thought for sure it would happen...  nothing.

he left the recorder with us.. and asked us to record it if it happened again, we agreed.

Nothing happened for the next several days.. then one night .. it was back. Doing the same screaming. My mother and I worked up the guts to go out on our back porch and record it. i have a copy of that "tape" here and i will see what i can do to get it in a digital format that i can post.

Well.. school ended for that year and summer was on us. We did not have air conditioning and just opened the windows in our trailer to allow what breeze was there to flow through at night.

This thing would show up every night without fail and scream.. all night. It was really getting to the point where it was a severe annoyance. i would go outside and yell at it.. and it would stop for a few minutes..  then start again.

I decided that i was going to find out what it was.. although we had our ideas, especially after Curt listened to the recording  i wanted to know for sure.

I went out during the day and started tracking it.. i followed the "trail" it had left coming in.. back tracking. The trail led to the west along the edge of the field, through a wooded lot to the west side of our property and out across the main road and into the woods on the other side. it met up with a well used deer trail and headed back to the east along a small creek in a hollow.  Back up that creek there was a high bank on the south side.. prob 30 feet or so and steep. A large tree had fallen and pulled up roots high in the air at the base.

On the root-ball was a broken smaller tree that was placed into the roots and pushed into the edge of the creek, over that was laid more smaller trees that had been broken off and on top of them were broken off hemlock boughs, stacked 2-3 feet deep.

i got the courage up to inspect it more closely and the inside was lined with more hemlock branches and lots of dry grass... it was a den. i had seen MANY bear dens by that point and knew that was not what i was looking at.

I had a very weird feeling about the whole thing and high tailed it out of there.

Also I remember that across the main road there was dirt.. like smudges where something had been walking across regular.  No discernible tracks.. just a smudgy trail across the blacktop.

The next day .. yes it was screaming all night...  i went the direction that it always left.. to the east.

i followed a well worn trail along the edge of the field and it went down over a bank into the creek bottom of the creek where I saw it the first time.. i followed that another 200 yards or so and where the creek crossed under that road is where I found the first and only GOOD track.  Going down the bank were large scuffs but no real tracks..  this one was in the claylike soil along the edge of the road, clear and deep.

I did not have a camera at the time so we borrowed one from a friend of my mothers.. it had black and white film in it and being a kid.. I had not thought about putting anything in the frame for scale. i have the pic and will include a scan in this post.

To my best recollection the whole track was about 16-17 inches long.

I decided i was going to take a bit of a proactive approach at that time.. throughout the summer i went all around the area and talked to the locals.. yes this thing was still visiting nightly.. I really do not understand why i only found that one good track.. but that was it.

I started asking general questions asking people if they had been hearing any strange NOISES at night etc. one came back with with a definite answer that he had not heard any SCREAMING at night.  I asked about NOISES.

As the summer progressed I would hear bits and pieces of things through the local kids about weird "stuff".

there was a horse farm a few miles away that had a foal go missing.. the mare had a largish "bite" taken out of her shoulder. i saw the wound myself.

I went to talk to the old WWII vet who gave me the pistol and his grandson told me he was sleeping... in the middle of the day. Unlike him. i pushed and prodded and he finally told me that the old guy was sitting up at night with his shotgun because he saw "something" kill a small deer at the edge of their property, it killed it fast and "walked" away with it. it scared him bad.

There was another man who lived a few miles away up on the mountain. he had no plumbing, electric.. he lived in a small travel type trailer and had a cleared area there. he raised dobies and hogs and such. people would buy and have him prep hogs for pig roasts and parties. he was a crude individual and i didnt really care for him but i would talk to him briefly when i did see him.

i saw him one day out on one of the mountain trails and he had a brand new shiny SW 41 mag on his hip. i remarked about the fact that it was kinda overkill and he told me he got it because the .357 he had was not big enough to take down the "bear" he saw one night.

his hogs were going missing and his geese as well.

We sorta had the same problem too.. we raised some rabbits as food as well.. Dutchies, black, brown with the white collars. We normally had 10 or so in separate pens that were all lined up together. the hasps on the cages were locked with the snap type locks you find on a dog leash. our rabbits were being taken and the cage doors left ajar with the clips dropped on the ground.

I went out one day and looked around out behind the trees and there was a large area of tall grass that was smashed down. off to one side i found a HUGE pile of.. ''dung"  being that i wanted to figure this out, i went back to the house and got a large plastic bag and put it in it.

i dissected a chunk under a magnifying glass and the contents were thus: primarily.. 90% was fibrous, grass vegetation etc.. there were some oat shells choke cherry pits, RABBIT hair, mouse and rodent hair, some small rodent bones, the hard parts of beetles and insects.

The pile itself was very large..maybe 20 inches across and the individual logs were as thick as my arm.

I know, disgusting.. but that is what it was.

Not long after that we were being visited again.. we had probably 8 cats that free roamed the property mousing. The windows were open as usual and we heard a sound that sounded like a thud follwed almost at the same time by a shriek from one of the cats, the cat hit the side of the trailer about 12 feet up hard enough to leave a sizable dent in the siding, it fell to the ground and ran off.

several days later i found it in one of our sheds dead.. it was bleeding out the nose and mouth.

One thing i can say with certainty... this thing HATED cats. our cats gradually went missing as well.

After the cat hit.. the screaming started and it was almost a rage.. kinda scary actually. It left early that night and was gone by midnight.

Several weeks later the activity started dying down.. i remember it was august because the air was humid, thick and not moving one bit.. it was very hot and hard to sleep when we could.

The nocturnal visits had slowed to one every few days.

One night i was laying in bed half asleep and very uncomfortable and my sister in the next room came unglued.. she came flying out of her room screaming and just a complete wreck.. could not even talk. of course everyone was awake and lights were on in seconds. When we finally got her calmed down she explained that just like the rest of us she couldn't sleep, she was tossing and turning and her bed was against the wall under the window.. she said that some giant thing had its face pressed against the screen so hard it was almost inside with her.. when she screamed it left.

i checked out side the next day and just found some matted down grass below her window.  nothing else.

After that the visits really died down.. once a week maybe and for short periods.. or we would just hear screams off in the distance moving.

in early September I shot a doe out in the back yard with a .357.  We had a large maple tree we used to put the gambrel on to butcher. We gutted, and quartered that doe and dropped the meat inside in a chest freezer to cool overnight.

When we gutted deer we never kept any of it.. guts go on the gut pile. so we would use a five gallon bucket, put it under the deer and just cut everything loose and let it drop in the bucket.

My S/D told me to take it down to the "dump".. which was a corner of our property where we had a burn pile and would dispose of garbage.  I was supposed to dump it over the bank but i was tired and i just sat it off to the side in the weeds thinking i would get to it in the morning.

Something else got to it first..  i went out in the morning to dump it and the intestines were laying beside it.. heart and liver.. gone.. lungs about 10 feet away and the inside of the bucket was smeared with the blood.. you could see finger marks where something had run a hand around inside the bucket to get the blood.

Amazingly.. i was not shocked by that time and just washed the bucket out and put it away.

That was the last activity we had that year.

Please.. any questions.. fire away i will do my best to clarify or answer them.

I am going to include another GE crop showing locations. Anything highlighted was not there at the time.. this was the closest i could get to what was there.

Nice plane Rex, is that yours?

No it is not.. it is one that i maintain and get to fly on occasion. it is an Extra-300-L that has been extensively reworked and placed in experimental status.

It really is a spectacular aircraft and i have changed it from its original form quite a bit.

it belongs to a very wealthy man in palm beach and he was having a hard time finding reliable maint. that paid attention to the details.. I applied, worked for him and he hired me to maintain his fleet. along with his DOM.

We have a Gulfstream 550, Pilatus PC-12 and EC-135 Euro-copter and Two Extras in the fleet. it provides very lucrative part time employment for now.   i actually contract the work.

post-23181-0-14919400-1371000057_thumb.j

post-23181-0-27315600-1371000080_thumb.j

Thank you for posting that, I heard day time howls and a few things in the brush ect but I have yet to see anything. And Thank You for your service, my duaghter was in the 101st, as is my son in law, he getting ready for his 5th deployment. Very proud Army Dad here.

Great story/account of your experiences Rex  ! 

There's two things I'd like to touch on....  and they both got my attention, because of something that happened to me years ago.

I grew up North of you-  in the western Catskills in NY, right along the NY/PA border.

1) your description of what you saw that day caught my attention, because as I've described in a thread in the Premium section, what I saw as a young man was not a huge bulky monster that you hear about so many times.   I have guesstimated the height in the 6-1/2 to 7 foot range, and a solid but slender build.   I'm curious if you can remember, or noticed coloration...?   (if you mentioned it above, i skimmed over it).

2) I'd love to hear a recording of any vocals you have, because that too was an integral part of my own encounter. 

The one and only time I had a sighting, I experienced a loud bellowing yell/scream before- which i described as almost sounding hurt/angry. Very hard to describe it, because frankly i've not heard anything like it since.

Several years later, while staying at the same property, and also during the summer months- i heard some other similar vocals at night which defy explanation.  I've compared them to pretty much every known species of mammals that live in the area and have come up empty.

If you're able to share them at some point, that'd be great.    Maybe you could upload it to soundcloud, or other file sharing site ?

Welcome to the BFF..       thanks for having the courage to share your stories with us.

-Art-

ar15squatchin...  as others above have noted.. there are many old wives tales about snakes, very misunderstood creatures and many of the old farmers there actually believed that snakes would literally grab a teat and milk the cow to eat!..  i had two that informed me that they WWATCHED it happen and i didn't know anything.

Same type of thing as the "hoop snake" or the fallacy that copperheads smell like cucumbers or that water moccasins are ferocious and will chase you down.

They are all myths.

Here is a link to a whole list of the common myths:

http://www.oplin.org/snake/myths%20truths/mythstruths.html

Also to answer your other question... i believe i was 12-13 in that range.. I honestly do not know If i even have the year right.. it has been some time.

That is really cool!   and i see your username is SoFla.. whereabouts might you be.. I am currently in PSL.

You have a valuable piece of history there..

AATW!

His vernacular description of the snakes speed might not pass the "family friendly" test, but boiled down he reported it was credited with being able to roll faster than an ape with a striped posterior could run. It definitely loses punch in the translation.

Indeed it does..  LOL..   :)

I will be working on more later...hopefully i can get it posted tonight.

Lake Worth-then next town south of WPB

Lake Worth-then next town south of WPB

I have been working at PBI.

1) your description of what you saw that day caught my attention, because as I've described in a thread in the Premium section, what I saw as a young man was not a huge bulky monster that you hear about so many times.   I have guesstimated the height in the 6-1/2 to 7 foot range, and a solid but slender build.   I'm curious if you can remember, or noticed coloration...?   (if you mentioned it above, i skimmed over it).

At the time i was pretty shaken.. The light was fading and IIRC the hair was a dark brown .. with sort of auburn or red highlights.

the duration of the sighting was less than five seconds.. my mind was saying "bear"..  senses were saying NO!.

2) I'd love to hear a recording of any vocals you have, because that too was an integral part of my own encounter. 

The one and only time I had a sighting, I experienced a loud bellowing yell/scream before- which i described as almost sounding hurt/angry. Very hard to describe it, because frankly i've not heard anything like it since.

Yes...  the first time.. night I was awakened and heard them.. this was what it sounded like...   Like what ever was making them was in pain.

The later screams were shorter higher pitched shreiks. i will do what i can t get the audio tape digital so that i can upload it.

If there are any other questions please ask. I will resume here. That year inter passed and spring and summer as well. During the summer I heard some rumors of strange things happening in the local area. Nothing concrete and i had not seen or heard anything out of the ordinary. That changed in late august early september. I was out on the mountain hunting.. well looking to gather venison anyway. There was an area that I knew the deer were bedding and i had patterned them for a few weeks to figure out where they were feeding. i was not a morning hunter so typically i would hunt afternoons and catch them in between on a well used trail. I went into the woods at about 2 in the afternoon, i sat off the trail and waited.. for several hours i did not see anything but a loudmouthed red squirrel and some birds. Which in itself was odd because I knew the deer had been moving along this trail for some time. there were fresh tracks and scrapes, droppings.. the whole nine yards. I hunted with a mini-14 which was plenty enough rifle for white tail if you hit them right, to this day i won't even shoot a hog unless i know i have the right shot. just something i was taught and grew up with.. to respect the game. I had a 3-9 bushnell scope on the mini and it was a decent woods gun for shots out to 80 yards or so which there were very few of in those woods. i believe the longest shot i made on a deer back then was right around 45 yards. The day wore on with no activity.. and I got and idea. There was a field to the south of me that was open and there was a large old apple tree right smack in the middle. i figured that there may be deer down there eating apples because they had started falling. They were the sour green ones, I kinda liked em as well and figured if i didnt get a deer i could grab some to take home. I walked east out of the woods and jumped on a dirt road that went down the mountain. There was a spot where there was a gigantic sassafras tree and at that spot was a cut that went back west along the edge of a thick pine stand, the deer used this as well. I walked through the cut and got to the end at the field, i didn't want to spook the dder if there were any out there so i snuck out to the opening very quietly and slowly to get eyes on the tree and deer if there were any there. When i got to the opening i stood behind a small bit of brush and looked out.. i didn't see any deer there, so i decided to walk over to the tree and find a few good apples. I had almost taken a step into the open and movement caught my eye to the left.. i stopped and looked and saw another one of these creatures walking away quicly through the field. The reason i say it was another one is that this one was much bulkier than the first one i had seen.. but it was about the same height. The grass was tall in the field.. prob about three feet or so and it came up to just above the knees.. i couldnt see about half the thigh, knees or lower portion of it. m i raised my rifle with the scope on its highest magnification and steadied it with the sling.. I watched this thing walk.. fairly quickly towards the other side of the field. i had not taken the safety off.. and knew i didn't want to shoot... I just watched. When it was almost to the other side of the field it kind of turned and looked RIGHT at me. It KNEW i was there the whole time. When i first saw it it was around 100 yards away.. it was late afternoon and the sun was already behind the trees to the west. It covered the other hundred yards to the opposite side of the field and into the woods in 15 seconds or so.. it wasn't long. i was a bit shaken by the fact it knew I was there and looked right at me.. even though i was still just behind some brush at the end of the trail. I slung my rifle and went the other way and back home. i didn't mention it at the time to any of my family. As for the color.. it looked to be just a uniform dark brown all over, small head, LARGE shoulders and back... not like the first one. Maybe it was.. i don't know the height was about the same but if it was the same one.. he had been hitting the weights. That was the last of any activity there and shortly after that i enlisted in the ARMY and left the area. below another GE and layout. White line was my path. red line was its path. once again anything highlighted was not there at that time.

post-23181-0-92767400-1371080542_thumb.j

Edited by Rex

OK.. this is the point where i expect to catch some flak.

I can tell you, those were not to be the last "experiences" i have had with these things.

And at the end of this.. i will have quite a few questions of my own and hope to Hades that someone here can help answer them.

I enlisted when i was 17, went to basic training and then infantry school at Benning. The Airborne recruiter was floating around at that time and I signed a contract for jump school.

i finished jump school and was assigned to the 82nd Abn Div. as i have stated before.

Back then there were several schools that I could attend being they were MOS related. I di JOTC at SOA / Ft Sherman and when i returned was promoted.

Shortly thereafter i was sent to the IXIII ABN Corps. RECONDO school on Ft Bragg.

It was a 3 week school where you got another SSI and learned small unit tactics, leadership and LRRP skills.

It was a tough school, has a high attrition rate and really beat you up..  to say the least.  i was, I believe in the 3rd to last class before they shut it down and started three other courses in its place.. i cannot remember them all at this time.

This was in early 86 and there was a pretty mild winter at Bragg.. but it was still cold.. no snow on the ground but cold.

We had gone through the first two weeks of training and were in the RECON / PATROL phase.

toward the end we were to do a patrol to contact, break contact and report. And also a LRRP with recon and no contact for intel gathering.  We were told that we would be seeing OPFOR but under no circumstances were we to engage.. just observe and report.

The area where this course was done was off of Manchester road on Ft Bragg.

It was situated on the "little river" which meandered through the woods there and we ended up in it several times.

At any rate to make a long story short.. there cam a point in our patrol where we came to realize we were being shadowed.  Not very obviously but we were being paced from a distance.

We assumed that it was the OPFOR that was mentioned in the OPORDER so evasion was the word.

we spread out and got small setting a very loose perimeter watch for any activity.

it was about 45 minutes until we heard the first "real" noises which were just medium small sticks snapping in the distance.

I was APL at thetime and had my RTO with me on comms. just in case.

We expected to be walked through by OPFOR and just to hide and hold position well enough to be able to pick them up as they moved through.

Well something moved through alright. i never saw it but I heard it through the trees. it was very dark and we had one set of PVS-7s for the whole team and the PL had them.

It moved fast and hard straight along the one side of our perimeter.

We all knew something was "off" and sat tight.. about a minute later the same thing only this time there was tree shaking to go with it 90 degrees from its first run.

It was about that time that someone wigged out.. we had rifles but with blanks and blank firing adapters on them. To this day i don't know which one fired first... but blanks really don't have an effect on anything..  the proverbial death blossom opened up and i knew we had all just failed the course.

That is when the screams started and sticks (large ones) and clods of dirt with small bushes started raining in on us.. i knew we were in the middle of something... "wrong"  i grabbed my RTO and contacted the TOC and told them we needed EXFIL and we needed it fast.  We were supposed to finish the patrol but they heard the fire and gave me an azimuth and distance to a clearing in the woods where they had already dispatched a duece and a half.

i pulled mu compass shot that azimuth put everyone on my six and ran.. as did they. we reached the clearing and there was  the truck coming up the two track blacked out. he got to the end and we ALL piled in that truck and got the hay out of dodge.

During our run to the clearing we were being followed close... but not over run. there were sticks, rocks, dirt clods and all kinds of things being thrown at us. there were only 3 loud screams in the beginning and the tree shaking was going as well until we hit the clearing.. i never turned to look to see anything.. i do not believe anyone else did either.

We were taken back to "base camp" and had a pile of very weirded out hard core soldiers.

we hit the rack early.. and were up early.. straight to classroom and the cadre acted as if nothing had happened.

I knew we were not supposed to make contact but did.. this was an offense that should have had all of us failing... but it didn't.

we spoke about it amongst ourselves for the next two days  and that was it..  none of the instructors said a word.. nothing.

We got our diplomas, patches and returned tou our units.

i related the experience to my 1SG several weeks later.. he laughed and said we had run into the "manchester monster".. i was not so amused.  i left it alone until a few years ago.. there really was no internet then and you really could not research this stuff.

over the years i have come to find out that this was a pretty common occurrence in that area and we were not the only ones who had issues out there.

The cadre knew it as well.

This is one of the links i had found...  we were not the only ones.

http://www.gcbro.com/NChoke001.html

I know there is more out there.. I cannot find it though. i actually looked hard for information a few years back.

I did not see anything that night.. just heard the 3 screams and knew we were being pelted with anything that could be thrown.

i have no idea what "it" was.. but i did hear it run past us twice.. no human is going to move in the dark woods like that.  Even with night vision.. PVS-7s are one tube.. you totally lose your depth perception with them.. and those were the best out there at that time.

that is really all there is about this one.