New "bigfoot" Hunting Show - Mountain Monsters

Shelly

On the Destination America cable channel, Saturday nights.  I searched and didn't see another thread about this particular show.  It's different than the Myths and Monsters series and is set up sort of like a  mix of Finding Bigfoot, Monsterquest, Larry the Cable Guy, and Duck Dynasty.  

The first episode dealt with the "Wolfman" and next week's show covers the Grassman.  The thing with these shows is you don't know how much stuff is "genuine" or how much is staged or set up for the show.  But, the monster hunters did have some success with thermal cams and a game cam, although, like each episode of Finding Bigfoot, the ending is ambiguous and open ended.  

I thought it was at least entertaining and the hunters at least had some strategy instead of just walking around in the woods. (they built a giant cage trap, set up live bait, and organized a beat to try to funnel the beast into the trap).  

http://www.poptower.com/news-58526/mountain-monsters-tv-show-episodes-destination-america.htm

I agree....thanks for the heads up. Could be interesting. A future episode deals with the Wampus Beast. I grew up hearing it called Wampus Cat....and I always thought it was just legends that developed around mountain lions. Now if I can just figure out how to watch since I cut back my cable programming and no longer get the channel. Ugh. Anybody have any ideas?

Guest ewashguy56

Hey Mockingbird, not unless you have a friend that gets it, I don't. I know that if I were to downgrade one level with Comcast I would most likely lose that channel as well as Science and H-2, both of which I LOVE!!! Comcast is NOT Comcastic. :no:

Obviously some (alot) is staged,  but good heavens what a fun show.

get out your mason jar of iced sweet tea, a hunk of cornbread and enjoy.

dav

I watched the first episode where they are looking for the Wolfman. The guy had a video of something that could just as easily been a BF, not sure why he thought it was a wolfman. Well, except that the prints they were looking at were hugh canine prints. I liked the show! Some of it was a bit entertaining as I am from the Appalachian region and although I hope I don't sound like they do, I know I do. :)

I must say the show was pretty entertaining.  The video evidence was interesting.  It showed the back of a large, grey, hairy thing, going off into the woods in a hurry.  But, on the show you could barely see it the way things were edited, etc.   

Guest peter

I watched the show and every time they mentioned wolfman I'd yell Dogman ;) I think this show made FB look like an award winner, but it's good to see fat old men getting their exercise in the outdoors.

The only place I have found it so far is Amazon Instant Video. It is listed already but not available yet. Sounds as if nothing else it is entertaining. LOL

@ewashguy.....LOL Cox is not any better. We are trying to cut the cord. Since hubby was not happy about losing H-2, I think trying to hang on to Destination America is going to fall on deaf ears. Which is only fair. :)

Guest Thepattywagon

From a comedic standpoint, no doubt about it.

That trap looked like something they bummed off of the guys on Deadliest Catch.

Since we are comparing the two...

Based on the first episode - I like Mountain Men better. But that's because it is more entertaining to me than FB cast members making everyone believe they are going to find a BF by putting up a disco ball and having a party in the woods and being dead serious about it.

(Although I watch every eposide :) )

I highly doubt we will ever see either show produce a real creature.

Guest zenmonkey

I watched about 1/2 of the first episode. And I will check out the grassman episode. It i gotta admit. They are a little too ghost hunter like for my taste couldn't sit through it all. Hope it gets better

Guest sprayanpray

Funny show just dont use big words like bipedal. You have got admit these guys may just stop for road kill for lunch :rofl:

P.S Anything is better than finding bigfoot :crazy:

Guest peter

From a comedic standpoint, no doubt about it.

That trap looked like something they bummed off of the guys on Deadliest Catch.

I was thinking Wile E Coyote sent them his Acme plans ;)

Edited by peter