Eyeglow Encounters

Forks and cars are man-made conveniences to make eating and travel more convenient and efficient.

If any creature was telepathic then there would be no reason to resort to less convenient or efficient methods of communication. Nature wouldn't even have a reason to give them vocal chords. Just like if we were capable of moving objects with our minds then we wouldn't have a need for hands. Nature gives us the parts we need to serve a purpose.

Multiple methods or modes of communication is beneficial for any species. Scent, sound, sight and touch can all be used. Some can be very covert for special situations. I wouldn't expect some person to stop talking just because they could telepath.

• Upvote 1

I was on an expedition last year and saw - what appeared to be- large shining eyes looking back at our camp ~ 50 yards in the tree line.

They looked high off the ground.

I requested the Therm and determined it to be a raccoon on an incline.

On a previous thread, someone who lurks here is a zoologist in Ohio and he had some interesting things to say about eyeshine.

The eyes cannot emit light, but they can reflect it. Just the glow of a fire or nearby flashlight can cause the light to reflect and appear as eyeshine. We've all seen this in other animals, even domesticated ones but also deer in headlights.

Multiple methods or modes of communication is beneficial for any species. Scent, sound, sight and touch can all be used. Some can be very covert for special situations. I wouldn't expect some person to stop talking just because they could telepath.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Scent, sound, sight, and touch are all different kinds of communication. They can be used in conjunction with each other but are not alternatives to each other.

If nature gave you telepathic abilities then there would be no reason to also give you vocal chords. Telepathy is a form of speech, like voice is a form of speech. If you have telepathic abilities then voice would be pointless. Just like we might have had tails at some point for a visual means of communication or whatever, we're developed to a point where we don't need them anymore so nature crossed them off the list.

Wood knocking is a primitive man-made alternative. While it can still be done there is no logical reason to if you had telepathic abilities. All you would be doing is adding an element of risk where stealth is key to survival.

Edited by roguefooter

and this ladies and gentlemen is why i browse most of the time

not a bad position, at least in certain threads, lol.

No one knows if it's truly reflective, or glowing from within somehow, but if it were from with in- it could be something in the eyes that charges/absorbs light at any given time it comes near it. Kind of like these, and then stays light? for several hours after.??

Adidas-Glow-In-The-Dark-Shoes-Skull-Whit

Just a thought... :derisive:

• Upvote 1

It has been discussed as a possibility that BF can see a much broader spectrum of light than we can including infra red light. This would explain their ability to avoid game cams and night vision without much issue. Isn't it possible, or evident elsewhere in nature that an animal is able to use parts of the spectrum that we don't for night vision purposes? Furthermore when those parts of the spectrum are reflected by the eye could it be in a way that we can see the reflected light as within our spectrum where we couldn't before? It's a shot in the dark (........ Sorry couldn't help myself......) but I don't believe in eye glow for the simple reason that it doesn't exist anywhere else on land and it would seem to hinder an animal more than help anything. It's a simple, realistic and nature based opinion to explain what would seem an otherworldly anatomical feature.

People have made some decent logical arguments for why eye shine, not merely reflection, won't work.  The problem with this is there are quite a few reports incorporating such detail.    Not pointing this at anyone, just making a philosophical statement: if you really want me mad, tell me I didn't see what I just saw.  I'll put up with a lot, but not that.  I haven't seen that myself, but if I do, and someone tells me I didn't, they're going to need some dental reconstruction.  That's just how it is.

However, I agree with the illogic, so to address the apparent dichotomy between perceived reality and perceived report, we need a mechanism, right?

What if BF don't see in the part of the spectrum the beams are projected in, but instead only see when that light causes something to flouresce in a spectrum they can see?   Just like us taking a UV flashlight out.   If it's true UV, we don't see it (though we may get eye strain), but we can see how it causes various minerals in rocks to "light up" visibly to us. 

Or what about polarizing lenses?   What if their eye has structures that keep them from being blinded by light shining out so they only see what is reflected back? 

Bobby_O posted a link to an interview with one of the BFRO guys from Washington.   I believe he said the eye shine (not reflection) he saw was not from the pupils, it was from the outer part of the eye.  "Hmmmm."  

I dunno ... just brainstorming.   Probably enough holes to sink a sieve :) but y' gotta start somewhere.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 2

It's easy to test what can be seen with UV, just need a UV camera to test it. You could probably even take a couple of UV filters and make like glasses out of them.

Edited by roguefooter

Guest Captain Caveman

No one knows if it's truly reflective, or glowing from within somehow, but if it were from with in- it could be something in the eyes that charges/absorbs light at any given time it comes near it. Kind of like these, and then stays light? for several hours after.??

The thing is (not sure if it's been covered before) but the intensity just isn't there. Retinas see via reflected light (it bounced off the object and comes into the eye) so there has to be a certain amount of intensity to see any distance. Imagine yourself running around in the dark trying to see--a little bit of "glow" wouldn't be enough. A light source can be seen from much further away than the person holding the light can see using the light. BF's eyes would have to be *really* bright.

Several "eye" witnesses have told me that they saw eyes at very close range that seemed to intentionally get brighter & change color. One of them gave a disturbing description of them from a face to face night time encounter. I have seen bright lights coming from an area where they were, but because of the distance, can't say for sure that it was their eyes.

When I saw the dim glowing eyes, they were hiding & watching, & the glow didn't seem intentional or being used for light. It kind of reminds me of a smouldering fire.

• Upvote 2

Both times I saw the green glowing eyes, there was no other light source. We don't have a security light here & when it's dark, it's dark. There was no moon either time & no light coming from the house. There was no possibility of it being a reflection.

These were soft & muted, somewhat like a dim, indirect glow from a fluorescent light. They were nothing like reflection from animal eyes, which are bright, sharp & easily discernible.

One was lying on top of the tractor shed, peeping over the peak of the roof. I knew he was somewhere around, but didn't know where until I noticed the light spot out of the corner of my eye. It took a while to realize what it was, but finally, I said "I see your eyes" & they were immediately gone. Another time there was the same dim glow coming from under a bush at the edge of the yard. There was no movement or blinking. I watched them for several minutes, then said "Who's under that bush?" & they immediately disappeared & I heard some rustling in the leaves behind the bushes. It seemed that neither of these were intending for me to see them.

This picture is posted in a couple of other threads, but it shows what the glow looks like.

Wow, this is amazing how many responses so far! I'm sorry I'm just now jumping in, but it's been a very hectic week so far.

Sasfooty, so far from what I've read your experiences seem a lot like ours. The way you describe the glow as looking like an ember from a fire. You are correct in that it looks nothing like a reflection. The best way I've come to describe it is a much softer version of a glow-stick. Nowhere near as bright, but very similar in color and glow. Absolutely nothing like a reflection. Most of the time I see green or white, but have seen redish orange a few times. Our home is several miles out in the county and my nearest neighbor is over 10 acres away through extremely thick woods. I have no security light and during the times that I observe them we turn every light out in the house. It's all you can do to see your hand in front of your face. There's no way starlight is making their eyes shine like this. For one thing their eyes are usually way brighter than the stars. 

I too like to talk to them when I see them. I use a combo of Cherokee and English. Our area was mainly populated with the Cherokee tribe back before the early settlers moved in so I have been experimenting with speeking Cherokee to them. I only know about 20 words, but sometimes they do respond. There have been times I have spoken to them while I can see their eyes and as soon as I say something their eyes will pulse/flash almost like in a response. Tell me that's a reflection...

we can debate the pros & cons of eyeshine to our hearts content, but this (bolding & color mine) about the eyes being a foot & a half apart..... even for BF,   wouldn't that  seem like an awfully wide  head ?

Doc, absolutely that would seem like a wide head. In my original post that's what I was trying to get opinions about. My first thoughts were that it had to be two individuals and not just one considering how big he would have to be. What was throwing me was the way they were moving together. When one eye would drop down or move side to side, the other one did the same exact thing in perfect sync. It gave the appearance of one individual. What I wanted to update about today though is this...

Last night they were back and standing in the same place. This time one eye was brighter than the other one and they were moving slightly different from each other. In my opinion probem solved. This has to be two seperate individuals, but what I want to know is why they do things like move in sync or as the book I mentioned earlier by Christopher Noel where they piled up on each other. We have so much to learn and I'm loving every bit of it!

Several "eye" witnesses have told me that they saw eyes at very close range that seemed to intentionally get brighter & change color.

This is what I was talking about when I said the eyes seemed to "pulse or flash" when I spoke to them. The eyes were already glowing, but it was like the glow intensified with a pulse if that makes any sense. It was like they were responding to me speaking to them. This has happened on more than one occasion.

There have been a few times when it wasn't just a soft glow too. Twice I have seen them in trees from a distance and it almost looked like there was someone in the tree with a light bulb moving around in the branches it was so bright. Extremely bright and absolutely not a reflection. One other time I was in my back yard and a light in the corner of my eye caught my attention up a hill behind our house. When I turned to look there was a pair of VERY bright glowing eyes white in color. As I stood watching him he would move from side to side behind a few small pine trees we have on our hill. Occasionally the eyes would look to the left and then to the right. Each time I could see the main intensity of the glow shine in the direction the eyes were looking. Almost like if you had a flashlight aimed directly at you and then turned away (just not as bright). I could actually see a dark spot in the middle of each eye, the iris maybe? The light did appear to come from around the outside edges of the eye, similer to the whites of our eyes and several times the eyes did blink. This went on for about 1 minute until I heard a loud rustling behind me that sounded like something big running off. It startled me so much that I spun around to see what it was and almost fell off my back porch. By the time I caught my balance and looked back up the hill the eyes were gone and all was silent.

I have long thought this was some sort of diversion tactic where there was a second one behind me I didn't know about and the one with the bright eyes was getting my attention while his buddy escaped being seen.

Are the glowing eyes something they use for reasons like this?