Urban Bigfoot, Seriously?

Lake County Bigfooot

We have two birdfeeders at our cabin that were vandalized by a very large black bear.  The 5" diameter plastic feeder had tooth puncture holes and was covered in saliva and pretty much destroyed to get the sunflower seeds out.  The larger metal feeder that is about 10" diameter was knocked down and tipped over to get the seeds to fall out.  There is no way that bear could have carried it off if it couldn't get it's mouth around it.  So, I am with you in believing it was not a bear if it was a large feeder it couldn't carry in it's mouth.  Neither feeder was very far from where it had been hanging.

No evidence was left behind, it happened in the spring or early summer, and not a sign of it. No one would

steal it as they all have their own around here, I wondered if somehow it got broken, but we would have found

some form of evidence. No I think it was carried off by some lumbering seed freak who was too embarrassed to

return it. Maybe a search of the greater marsh will turn it up. Maybe they thought we were gifting, later

in the summer my wife found a bunch of old toy objects laying around that bird feeder area, a plastic gun, a

chewed up golf ball, and something else like a ribbon or something. I also noticed that the foil pan I put

thanksgiving dinner left overs in, and placed out into the marsh, was impacted into the soil with an overlying x on top of it...kind of odd because I know it was intact earlier this spring, and now it is crushed and covered by an x made of very proportioned sized sticks. Perhaps they prefer the white meat with the gravy, not the dark meat and giblets, which is why I will not gift them, or they were just mad at the shiny object because it was near a

depression I think they use as an ambush or sleeping spot. The same spot that over a year ago a tree was

knocked down while I was urinating behind the shed into the woods, another bad gesture on my part, but trust me

it was urgent, and just as I am finishing up a crash and thud, and I find a tree was felled, with no wind, strange coincidence? I let them be now, I don't invade their space when I think they are present, I only try to record

and search for tracks, but I do not spend my time trying to communicate with them as I know that can be a slippery

slope.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Some very strange things indeed.  Clearly you have some very clever forces at work in your area.  

A couple of years ago I would not have noticed certain things that were happening around me or just shrugged it off without thinking about it.  Now when things happen that can't be explained I have a strong urge to pursue them to rule out everything that I can.  

For example, a few years ago I found a toy snake in the yard of our cabin that appeared overnight and would have been very visible when we arrived.  We did not have any visitors that weekend and rarely have young children who visit.  Looking back now, I wish I had searched the area for foot prints or left something in the same spot to see what would happen.  But, I just tossed it into the trash without a thought.

"Looking back now, I wish I had searched the area for foot prints or left something in the same spot to see what would happen.  But, I just tossed it into the trash without a thought."

As you should have. Toy snake showing up in your yard is not in the slightest bit strange.

crow12.jpg

Slide15.jpg

Hey, that's not what I thought it was...

ay_110822814.jpg

Birds like toys. Birds like snakes. Bird with toy snake is not hard to wrap your head around. Bigfoot gifting toy snake is hard to wrap your head around.

There are several possibilities to explore with my bird feeder as well, the snow is flying

here, temps in 20s after being in the 10s for several days, this is way to early for that

kind of cold, usually holds off till Mid December. I don't know if recording will be worth

while unless it warms up a little, I will try anyway, but have not recorded since the cold

snap.. Maybe I should reverse my logic as these creatures might know that we humans are not

out as much at these times, and maybe they become less wary.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot