Guest Knuck

Little Did I Know

41 posts in this topic

Any consideration of a geological possibility like a sound wave moving thru the ground past your location. Obviously Sas if you saw somthing that wouldn't work. The galloping description is just so odd I guess if biggie was on all fours.

Last summer a buddy of mine who ghost hunts as a hobby told me he and his adult son were walking on the back side of a local graveyard at about 10pm. He said they heard what they thought was a horse approaching them from behind at full gallop. When it got even with them only a few feet away he said it sounded like it then stood up on two legs and continued on its way without slowing down. The only flashlight they had was a small LED penlight which didn't help. He told me all they saw was a tall dark blurr run past. He asked me if I thought it might be a Bigfoot and I told him I didn't think so but after reading this thread now I'm thinking maybe. I thought it might have been a horse and just sounded different in the dark. In any case, interesting thread. :)

Guys, Did anyone hearing this sound ever smell anything when the pale form ran past? Could this be Bf running? :unsure:

What do you guys think it is? :ph34r: Now I'm frightened. :blush:

The galloping is it heard or felt and if both is one more intense than the other?

In our case it was both, as the sound got louder the vibration through the water bed got stronger.

It was an immediate "reaction" that we "knew" one of the horses had escaped. But not.... I would say that the vibration was more intense, it verified that" what we heard" was running right past and close to the back wall of the bedroom.

A good example is if you've ever had a large horse gallop near you, the closer it gets the louder the hoof beats are and the stronger you can feel the vibration through the ground.

"IF" we would of just heard the "sound", one of us would of probably just got up and looked through the window to check on the horses. BUT, the "vibration" is what caused us to both jump out of bed expecting to see a loose horse running by.

Susi, no smell on this incident.

Edited by Painthorse

:blush: HTG, I think that I would see if you folks could get Monster Quest, or one of those type of TV shows out to your homes, and see if they can catch something. I think that you would be paid for that, correct?

I had rather know, than to suspect every terrible option that I could come up with, which would be many, and all would be very scary, BTW. :blink:

Edited to add: Have you ever smelled anything during any of these encounters, or odor on the tree where the fruit was taken?

Edited by Susiq2

well Suzie, after being caught by the neighbors sniffing the plum tree in my front yard, now nobody beleives my BF stories, for sure. I'm also getting strange looks and comments at neighborhood BBQs.

Just kidding, but it did remind me of another embarassing moment.

We have horses, and only enough land to pasture them, so we have to buy hay for the winter. One year we unloaded a truckfull, that had been baled, (unbeknown to us) with marijuana mixed in it. The seeds dropped out and grew where we unloaded it behind our barn. Every year I would chop it down and burn it before it went to seed. Every yr. there was less and less, until about 4 yrs. later, there was just a few growing back there. The day I found them I only had a few minutes to chop them down before leaving for work. It was around 5 am. and I was working hard at chopping them and stacking/hauling them to where we would burn them later when they dried. I got the feeling I was being watched, and looked up to see my new neighbor out for a morning walk watching me intently. I can only imagine the thoughts that went through his head.

well Suzie, after being caught by the neighbors sniffing the plum tree in my front yard, now nobody beleives my BF stories, for sure. I'm also getting strange looks and comments at neighborhood BBQs.

We have horses, and only enough land to pasture them, so we have to buy hay for the winter. One year we unloaded a truckfull, that had been baled, (unbeknown to us) with marijuana mixed in it. The seeds dropped out and grew where we unloaded it behind our barn. Every year I would chop it down and burn it before it went to seed. Every yr. there was less and less, until about 4 yrs. later, there was just a few growing back there. The day I found them I only had a few minutes to chop them down before leaving for work. It was around 5 am. and I was working hard at chopping them and stacking/hauling them to where we would burn them later when they dried. I got the feeling I was being watched, and looked up to see my new neighbor out for a morning walk watching me intently. I can only imagine the thoughts that went through his head.

You might want to talk to him about that !. Is it not amazing how sometimes one gets in trouble for doing something right? Always interests me how people so rarely go to the source to man up regarding what happened(s). Then their version ....... goes on. lol

Last summer a buddy of mine who ghost hunts as a hobby told me he and his adult son were walking on the back side of a local graveyard at about 10pm. He said they heard what they thought was a horse approaching them from behind at full gallop. When it got even with them only a few feet away he said it sounded like it then stood up on two legs and continued on its way without slowing down. The only flashlight they had was a small LED penlight which didn't help. He told me all they saw was a tall dark blurr run past. He asked me if I thought it might be a Bigfoot and I told him I didn't think so but after reading this thread now I'm thinking maybe. I thought it might have been a horse and just sounded different in the dark. In any case, interesting thread. :)

Mark, sounds like it to me. The reports I look at with people I talk to describe horses in the night from all kinds of places. It is particularly interesting when there are no known horses anywhere nearby and other things happen such as a decent observation.

B) It is interesting to hear these postulated accounts of BF running in 4x4 mode in the dark. Otherwise inexplicable, but not necessarily to aggravate those unwilling to consider 'high strangeness' alternatives, perhaps we must now shift our focus to considering the possibility of invisible horses. :lol:

- Dudlow

No I wouldn't say that, but maybe we could re-examine supposed residual haunted sites with reports that include the sound of a galloping horse......

In our case it was both, as the sound got louder the vibration through the water bed got stronger.

It was an immediate "reaction" that we "knew" one of the horses had escaped. But not.... I would say that the vibration was more intense, it verified that" what we heard" was running right past and close to the back wall of the bedroom.

A good example is if you've ever had a large horse gallop near you, the closer it gets the louder the hoof beats are and the stronger you can feel the vibration through the ground.

"IF" we would of just heard the "sound", one of us would of probably just got up and looked through the window to check on the horses. BUT, the "vibration" is what caused us to both jump out of bed expecting to see a loose horse running by.

Susi, no smell on this incident.

Oh Man, That is just too scary. I'm just thankful that you were *not* alone. :blink: Yikes, I having chills just thinking about it!

No I wouldn't say that, but maybe we could re-examine supposed residual haunted sites with reports that include the sound of a galloping horse......

I agree Jodie. I've heard stories of galloping horses going down roads, by houses, across graveyards,and across battlefields.Supposedly the sound was made by phantom horses continuing what they were doing before they died, and have continued after death, postmortem activity of some sort. Yikes Twice. :blink:

Oh Man! Yikes! Do you think they knew *what* they were looking at? They may not have recognized what type of plant you were cutting down.I Hope! :ph34r: Maybe you should quietly talk to them and explain your problem. Can you put down chemicals to kill the roots and seeds somehow? I fear you being investigated if someone reported your *funny* foliage. :ph34r:

Knuck, did you mean galloping as in running fast or as in like a horse does?