New Season Of Finding Bigfoot Starts Tonight.

TD-40

on Animal Planet. 8:00PM EST.

I'm guessing that each episode visits an area where there have been sightings. The team goes out in the middle of the night with green infrared lights, microphones, and optics, they have some manufactured drama like all these shows do, break for commercials just as they get the viewers excited about something, we watch the team's Wendy's commercial, then the show resumes and they don't find anything.

It's just entertainment. I try to catch it when I can.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have noticed that, like other TV shows, Finding Bigfoot will go to commercial while leaving you with a cliffhanger. But the majority of the time on Finding Bigfoot, the "cliffhanger" is some noise or something that basically is not sasquatch. Of course it is just a tactic to keep people tuned in, but it gets annoying. I was hoping they would make some changes this season, and do some things differently, but I doubt this will be the case.

To be honest, I cannot believe another season was made to begin with. I figured this would be one of those shows that could run for a season or two, with viewers losing interest very quickly, due mainly to them not really finding anything. I mean I am highly interested in sasquatch and love sasquatch television, but knowing that all the Finding Bigfoot episodes seem to follow a pattern, I can easily flip the channel to something else and not think twice. I usually do as well, lol. 

But really, what can one expect from a show about sasquatch? I never expect anyone out searching on such shows to actually document a sasquatch presence. It would take so much luck it is incredible, and only a very large, well-funded, and concerted effort would be likely to yield results. I mean think about this...There have been thousands of sasquatch eyewitnesses, but what percentage of those people were actually out sasquatch hunting? I would estimate definitely less than 5%, but I will go with that number. 

Out of all the people who are out hunting, camping, fishing, etc. in sasquatch territory, only a small percentage of those people have a sighting. So the odds of a specific person having an encounter must be astronomical. But one can dramatically increase their odds by doing certain things, and being in certain areas. Heck, I had a sighting, and I've never really won anything, or have never been lucky to any large degree. And I was out hoping to have a sighting. So I suppose the FB crew could have a sighting, but the odds are still stacked against them.

They aren't going to get sightings with a camera crew and lights and IR and all. Although the possible eyes looking at Renae posted here was pretty interesting.

Well it really lacks any attempt at finding bigfoot, but as far as talking about locations for squatching, and some historical stuff, it has a benefit to squatchers,  I re-watched the Ohio episode, and actually was impressed with a vocalization that was caught on the show, sounded like a very distinct whoop.   Possibly a problem when they are in the field is that every squatcher in the area might be stoked up and out there too.  We have the dueling squatcher issue becoming more and more a reality.  I suggest to squatchers to leave areas where the finding bigfoot team is present alone till the show is concluded.  I know the enthusiasm of our kind, but let it be, otherwise you make us look even more foolish than we look at present.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Same 'Ol, same 'Ol....  Nothing to see here folks, move along...  

How are you supposed to take the local expert serious when they present themselves like a ride operator at a carnival?  I think that guy could have been kin to Joe Dirt...

I missed last nights episode. Going to watch it on demand. ( thank you comcast ) I know, I know they never find bigfoot. I still think the show is entertaining. 

I had hopes that the show would improve but it seems to have gotten worse. The two shows on last night were such a joke that I probably won't bother to watch the rest of the season. The hyping of every thermal image before commercial break and returning to see that it was only a squirrel is really getting old. The constant recapping after every commercial just to take up time is really annoying too. The same MO as Monster Quest, which is probably why it's not on anymore.

But the "final straw(s)" were Barackman putting on the BF puppet costume and acting like a fool and projecting The Legend of Boggy Creek on some trees in the bayou. Really?! This crap right there is why this subject is not taken seriously and laughed at. This show is doing more damage than good as far as I'm concerned.

Ive heard BoBo was really dissapointed in the producers, and that the crew was pissed off at all the cuts they do, jackin' people around. They are pissed also at being restricted to the 'same old script'. They are told what to do, and yea, it is getting old, but the producers have a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mentality. I've read a million times, 'its time to change things up'.

If the cast had such strong objections to the format, they could always decide not to renew their contract.  I guess money is more important than any other issues they might have...

• Upvote 2

I did like the local witness on last night's show, the naturalist from Australia. It is people like him who keep the possibility of Sasquatch's existence interesting. I also enjoy the town halls. It's a good show, but they just need some consulting to keep it from fresh, and becoming monotonous and stupid.

I want to watch the show and I want it to be successful, but ****, at least try to pretend to be doing research/investigations and stop following the same old broken, fake, scripted and repetitive routine. I wanted to throw something at the TV last night. Flash mobbing remote areas around the country for a few hours one night isn't going to produce anything, not even entertainment. With just some minor changes it could be a little more interesting. Changes suggested here in the forums would be welcome. Such as posting a handful of trail cams in key areas for a while and checking on them every week. At least that would be fresh and something to look forward to. If they have money to showcase irrelevant gimmicks like ATVs, airboats, hot air balloons, WWII bombers, electric motorcycles and so on, then they have money for a few trail cams. I think the general consensus is that it needs a new production team and I agree. Until that or something just as drastic happens I won't be watching anymore.

And what would they have done if the camera crew stepped out of their canoe to film Moneymaker and Barackman coming ashore to investigate that thermal image (if it wasn't staged) and BAM!, there's the Fouke Monster standing there looking for easy pickens? Thrown their cameras at him? I bet somebody would wish they had brought some artillery.

Edited by King Kaiju