New Season Of Finding Bigfoot Starts Tonight.

TD-40

I'm sensing a "can't see the forest for the trees" situation here. The show is produced for a general audience who may or may not have much knowledge, let alone interest in the subject. That was pretty much me three years ago when I first saw it. I was very interested in Bigfoot from about age 12 through high school, '63 to '69, then enlisted in the Navy, came home, got married, raised a family, etc. I still followed the occasional news story but it wasn't a focus. When I started watching FB, I discovered that there are actually people out seriously looking for Bigfoot, that there was a lot more information available than 45 years ago. I began reading and searching the internet , which is what lead me to the BFF about a year ago and the opportunity to really learn things worthwhile.

I wasn't fooled into thinking FB was uber serious, I have some knowledge of what is involved in television production and the limitations that places on "reality" shows. Its value was simply reigniting my teenage interest in the subject. I believe it has brought the subject of Bigfoot into the general consciousness somewhat, for good or ill. I still watch it for fun.

Next weeks show could actually be fairly interesting as they are going to be looking at the thermal video that Stacy Brown and his dad shot in the Florida Panhandle in the spring of last year.

• Upvote 1

I think they need to get rid of the camera crew and just use helmet cams.  There must be a dozen people out there filming the four of them walking through the woods, but I guess they think seeing the faces of the investigators for an hour is better than seeing nothing at all.

The only part of the show worth watching is the town hall meeting.  If this season continues as it has in previous years, I doubt I will even watch those.

I know there's no visual "get" there, but what is there now?  I'm growing bored with the show, honestly, and I think they're just kind of coasting now.

I agree.

The format and *cliff hanger* scenes before they go to commercial are so predictable and no longer holds my interest.

the first eposide is exactly like the latest eposide, only with different bit players.

I realize they can only afford as good of CGI effects as the budget allows, but, whew, those CGI bigfeet are poorly done in some of the recreations.

But, the show is better than nothing.  I just wish Matt, Cliff, and Bobo would stop buying into almost every single story they are told........

Edited by Biggest

The live Tweeting during the last show was epic. Renee was kind enough to answer some questions and shed some insight. For additional humor be sure to follow @SquatchTweet too.

Personally, I think they need to switch up their methods some. 

Instead of:

1. night investigation

2. town hall and follow up, someone does a solo outing

3. final night investigation usually with some lame Bobo scheme to attract them

they should try:

1.  town hall and follow up

2a. everyone does a solo investigation in 4 different locations.

2b.  Do multiple day investigation (with everyone for 2-3 days) without no calls and knocks the first night or two

2c. split the team in 2 and do investigation at 2 separate locations 1 night and either do a second night or move to 2 new locations.

I agree the show is old at this point.  I will still watch the new episodes at my leisure though (I tape them to watch with my kids as they are getting into bigfoot). 

Guest ewashguy56

all good ideas about shaking things up here. Lets see if anything changes in the style formats this season. Most likely not. I still watch the show for its entertainment aspect.

Guest Boolywooger

What will give them the biggest bang for the buck is to drop high quality digital recorders around the area they are investigating, review that data offline and play the best of it on camera with astonished gasps at what they captured.  They'll eventually get stuff like walk-ups, wood knocks up close and personal and much better recordings of any response calls they get.

Admin

It's about Bigfoot, Nuf said...

This is supposed to be a serious investigation to alot of people. People who don't like to see the subject matter made into a fiasco, of sorts! 

But the bottom line is entertainment value. The show's producers are after the largest target market, the casual Animal Planet watcher, not the handful of diehard bigfooters.

Edited by Biggest

I beg to differ Biggest, their target audience is us, the people who have an ongoing interest in this subject and who will tune in every week. The casual watcher may get a kick out of one or few episodes but will eventually tune out in favor of other programs that hold their interests.

This may explain why FB is so bland:

www.ppongproductions.com/ping_pong_productions/shows.html

Those shows are all flash and no substance. At least Destination Truth produces an occasional grain of evidence and is mildly entertaining despite itself.

I don't recall if this has been done in any of the shows, but wouldn't it be better to broadcast actual bigfoot calls rather than create their own version?  I think those recordings we assume are bigfoot vocalizations would be more likely to bring a response than Matt's or Bobo's yells.

Well  it looks like there might be some changes coming to the show. Tonight on Twitter, Moneymaker tweeted he is looking for 3 pair of bowhunting "Ghosts", in every state but Hawaii to outfit with FLIR and audio recorders and monitor them from a base camp.  If you got what it takes tweet him a link of  a short video of your team and gear. Sounds like he is taking a page from the show on Spike with the 10 million dollar bounty.

• 3 weeks later...

How many of you get roped in each week by a clip of Ranae saying, " Wow did I just see that?",  only to find out later it was BoBo tripping over a tree root. I do look forward to watching a bean eating/gas passing to lure bigfoot episode, or having 12 marching bands playing in the woods because bigfoot likes it episode.

Edited by beerhunter

How many of you get roped in each week by a clip of Ranae saying, " Wow did I just see that?",  only to find out later it was BoBo tripping over a tree root. I do look forward to watching a bean eating/gas passing to lure bigfoot episode, or having 12 marching bands playing in the woods because bigfoot likes it episode.

Oooooooh, can't wait for the farting episode!