Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

BFF Patron

Am I mistaken, or did I hear this man say that our black bear *do not* walk upright?

Reason for asking-- I was walking off-trail in Cades Cove one day with my husband, and there was a black bear (?) walking very much upright only about 30 yards to our right, paralleling us. CLEAR side view. Very tall. I didn't watch for long... figured it was just curious about us, and as long as it didn't show any aggression, I was okay with it. It stayed upright the whole time I did watch... Didn't look for features, since bear would have been the only thought back then.

An hour or so later, we walked right between a huge Mama and her cubs, accidently.~ Began whistling on our way out, and immediately saw cherries everywhere on the ground. We were lucky.

Very interesting BF encounter (the video).

I watched a black bear stand upright and attempt to peel the camper cab off a small pickup rocking the thing so hard he almost rolled it (in Cades Cove no less).   I can attest they walk and can remain upright.  There is a youtube video or two showing them doing this.  

Edited by bipedalist

If I recall also this Gentleman had a similar experience but with a little more involvement  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF27XY4Zibo

John's (I dont have a prayer of spelling his last name correctly) account is probably the most compelling story I have ever heard in support of there being something out there...I have never forgotten this encounter. It's chilling.

These new survivorman BF's are better than finding BF, he is going for broke covering ALL the bases, had UFO sightings, BF ''mind-dreams'', tent getting pressed down,  all sorts of weird stuff happening, borderline paranormal stuff, pretty thorough IMO.

BFF Patron

If the Finding Bigfoot bunch is watching Stroud's shows they should be taking notice.     FB has been on years and they have such an encourage around when they film that it is unlikely a BF would come into camp and mess with tents.    Also Les is going places with a lot of reports, not trying to make the show a travelogue by visiting every state with reports, no matter how few.  While paranormal aspects may or may not be real,   certainly it is part of the bigfoot culture at this point and should be addressed.    FB steers well clear of the paranormal.     Like that makes  FB more believable somehow.    That is ignoring the fact there are about 4 ghost hunting shows on different cable networks which is a potential audience for paranormal BF.    It would seem to me that egos and dogmatic beliefs have dragged down Finding Bigfoot.   It should have occurred to the cast by now,  that when they start wood knocking and howling BF activity seems to stop, but they continue doing it.    Les even plays skeptic enough that skeptics might even watch the show.    It is with both entertainment and all about ratings.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

These new survivorman BF's are better than finding BF, he is going for broke covering ALL the bases, had UFO sightings, BF ''mind-dreams'', tent getting pressed down,  all sorts of weird stuff happening, borderline paranormal stuff, pretty thorough IMO.

I'm going to actually agree with Wag on this one (and not just in hope of someday finally getting my $20). It is better than Finding Bigfoot.

This episode really surprised me.   Because at the Sasquatch Summit he announced that there would be 6 episodes and now this is the 7th.   With Finding Bigfoot off the air this winter,  maybe their ratings were so good they decided to continue the series. 

I suspect ratings are all this is really about , riding the wave so to speak.

gotta wonder what strouds rating stats were before this  BF episode series took off ......

The Finding BF crew have complained for years about the program, and how silly it is, so to speak. Its not the cast members, its the producers, who don't want to ''fix'' what ain't broken. Going on a 6th season is very rare in television, the formula is successful, so unfortunately, they will stick with it. Im sure in a couple years there will be a Bo-Bo, Cliff spin-off. Cliff has some sort of BF road-show DVD thing going already.

BFF Patron

Cliff announced the other day he is working on a spin off.  Have no idea what that might be but I wish him luck. 

well if it turns into a jerry springer meets sasquatch kind of thing we'll all know its for the $$ , lol ;)

Cliff announced the other day he is working on a spin off.  Have no idea what that might be but I wish him luck. 

IT will be Cliff doing whatever techniques he usually uses, without the shows producers goofing it up. But his DVD is already a spin-off, the question is will this be carried by a network? Or just another private DVD?

BFF Patron

After "Finding Bigfoot" dies maybe he will talk about the issues they had with the producers.   The only things I have heard him say speaking privately is that "Finding Bigfoot"  will never find bigfoot.   Pretty obvious why from the shows.    I got the impression the spinoff was a serial type thing with some network.   He did say it would be a different format than the present show minus some of the present cast.    Usually how that works is that they shoot some pilot episodes then sell them to a network.   Once the network buys it for at least the first season they shoot the whole season.    So could very well end up someplace different than Animal Planet.    I have not seen him for a couple of months so he must be busy with something.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

After "Finding Bigfoot" dies maybe he will talk about the issues they had with the producers.

I saw one once where they had all four in a studio being interviewed about the show and they all made it clear how much they hate the way the show is set-up and produced.

BFF Patron

Even at that they held back because the producer was hosting the show.

Guest Squatchologist

The sound they play (recording) at the beginning of the last episode, and they play it throughout is he exact same sounds my wife heard when we were camping in northern MN about 5 years ago. She had no interest in the subject and wasn't sure what it was but woke me up scared of what was out there.

When I was watching this episode she heard the "screams" they played and said she immediately got goose bumps and was exact thing she heard, ones she heard were just little longer.

BFF Patron

Interesting episode.    A Sonya and Randy from Western Canada were on the first part.  Sonya is into meditation and Randy is a sort of BFRO type with whoops, calls etc.    Anyway Les wanted to explore hoaxing so went to Hollywood and had a special effects lab make him a pair of stompers.    I had a fit.  Les took some casts of the stompers  to Meldrum and Bindernagel and presented them with some prints they found in Canda.   Meldrum thought the found prints human and was suspicious of the hoax one.    He noticed that it looked very similar to a print he had on file, the one that was used as the pattern for the mold.   So he suspected it was a hoax.     Dodged that bullet but was pretty upset when Les admitted it was a hoax..   I would have thrown Les out of my office.   Back in Canada they heard some interesting vocalizations which Less did not think was coyote.    Later that night something came into where Les had his tent set up and pushed down several times on his tent.   He could not imagine it was some normal woods animal.  He looked scared. 

Anyway one of the more interesting episodes.   Should be on again later in the week. 

This was Sonya Zohar and Randy Brisson, Golden Ears Provinicial Park stumpsquatch photo of a Bigfoot raising his head from behind a stump and lots of activity so they say at that area.  Igor Bourtsev visited him a few times I believe.  Apparently Zohar was linked with Todd Standings operation and then quit.   Brisson has had a number of youtube videos including light phenomenon and such associated with Sasquatch some on night vision devices as I recall.  Can't remember his youtube channel.  

The pic to me looked like one of the Beatles ala Ringo Starr caught behind a stump peaking over the top.  

Les has a great way of transmitting scared.   Expect to see his lip trembling someday on camera.  

Edited by bipedalist