" I Saw Bigfoot " A Proposal

TedSallis

The one element of this topic that has always swayed me more than any other is the seeming integrity and believability of so many of the witnesses.  Personally, my belief is that if you do not believe in the possibility of Sasquatch's existence, you are effectively saying that thousands of people across the globe are either lying or gravely mistaken, oddly enough while reporting startlingly similar things.  It just doesn't pass logic muster for me.

So when I watch the related shows, all the green lit night excursions and outdoorsy stuff doesn't really interest me as much as the interviews with the witnesses.  I imagine others agree with me.

What I propose is a series based simply on witness testimony.  I suppose you'd have to have the requisite "recreations" to graphically display the encounters, but that's it.  No campouts, no hiking or pointing into the darkness or whispering under the breath.  Just witnesses.

I think there's a huge untold story not just of "are these people telling the truth?" but moreover, how has this experience changed their lives?  How are they different now, how has it affected relationships with family, friends, co-workers?  Has it changed their views on anything, including science, or religion?

I really would love to see something like this, but of course it will never happen.  Anyone else agree?

• Upvote 1

I do agree and have wished for such a series.  When you first encounter them, you have to grapple with the fact that something so astounding can exist.  Then you've got to figure out for yourself what they are, not just what they are called.  This is best done by measuring them against their behavior and interactions.  Then you have to figure out how they can live in our world, what their probable origin and history as a species is, etc.

Hello JDL,

And that is not all, my friend. I would think one might, and indeed SHOULD, grapple with the point of how can something so astounding continue to exist.....no, not to simply exist, but to thrive.

Edited by hiflier

I would imagine that if they were showing you something other than a glowing horse's rear end? You would be a lot more enthused about the "outdoorsy" stuff...

Remember one Destination Truth episode in India.  Not sure what they were looking for, but the thermal image of something checking them out looked and acted an awful lot like a tiger.

I was convinced that they were going to get one of their team killed running around in the dark eventually.

Edited by JDL

According to the guy (famous BF guy) on a cassette tape I had, about 1/3 to 1/2 of BF stories are 'hoaxed'. Were hoaxed. This was from Washington area, in the late 90's, Robert Morgan. So it could depend on where your located. -It was amazing to hear about him talking about hoaxers actually, they are like part of the woodwork up there in the PNW from the tape.

But yea, I think thats the big reason for watching FB, are the stories,(they are really reusing alot of the SAME images though) same with all the blogtalks, which can be MUCH better!

If your not up on the blog-talks, your really missing out.

But, I've past the Rubicon. It would be about personal interaction, not 'finding the elusive great man-ape' nonsense, and it's all been done, so to speak. Not even interested in using the video in the truck when driving back-roads. Maybe that will come back. Its just, so 'dirty'. :crazy:

Edited by Wag

Guest keninsc

One thing you have to remember on all these TV shows, once they find Bigfoot or whatever it is they're looking for then guess what? The show is over. That's why whenever one of them gets a little close they suddenly leave and go somewhere else where they just missed them. That's why the camera shot are from those selfie-cams looking up their nose. "Was that a Bigfoot?" 

"No, Dude's got a booger in chute number two."

As far as how seeing a Bigfoot has changed someone's life? How does it do that? Granted, I know two guys who will never go into the woods again because of seeing a Bigfoot. But I've seen bears and they seem to be more dangerous that any old smelly Bigfoot. However, for some unknown reason it's like they have experienced some Earth shattering revelation which borders on a religious experience.

Let talk and more looking without the TV crew in tow please. 

Hello keninsc,

One thing you have to remember on all these TV shows, once they find Bigfoot or whatever it is they're looking for then guess what? The show is over....

Another top notch reason to secure a body IMO.

One thing you have to remember on all these TV shows, once they find Bigfoot or whatever it is they're looking for then guess what? The show is over.

I see a lot of people make that claim, but I don't understand why it would mean the end to a show. It's not like interest in BF would end if a specimen is found, instead the interest would skyrocket in my opinion. They might have to change the name of their show, depending on which one you are talking about, but it wouldn't neccessarily end the show, just open up new avenues.

That's why whenever one of them gets a little close they suddenly leave and go somewhere else where they just missed them.

I think that's more due to there not being a BF there to begin with.

• Upvote 1

Guest keninsc

I see a lot of people make that claim, but I don't understand why it would mean the end to a show. It's not like interest in BF would end if a specimen is found, instead the interest would skyrocket in my opinion. They might have to change the name of their show, depending on which one you are talking about, but it wouldn't neccessarily end the show, just open up new avenues.

I'd have to disagree. Once the proof is shown then it's no longer going to hold the same fascination and as a result to TV rating are going to drop.

SSR Team

According to the guy (famous BF guy) on a cassette tape I had, about 1/3 to 1/2 of BF stories are 'hoaxed'. Were hoaxed. This was from Washington area, in the late 90's, Robert Morgan. So it could depend on where your located. -It was amazing to hear about him talking about hoaxers actually, they are like part of the woodwork up there in the PNW from the tape.

:

No be can even begin to attempt to calculate what % of Sasquatch stories are hoaxed, not even begin.

So there's no way anyone should take notice whatsoever of someone that has.

One thing you have to remember on all these TV shows, once they find Bigfoot or whatever it is they're looking for then guess what? The show is over. That's why whenever one of them gets a little close they suddenly leave and go somewhere else where they just missed them. That's why the camera shot are from those selfie-cams looking up their nose. "Was that a Bigfoot?" 

"No, Dude's got a booger in chute number two."

As far as how seeing a Bigfoot has changed someone's life? How does it do that? Granted, I know two guys who will never go into the woods again because of seeing a Bigfoot. But I've seen bears and they seem to be more dangerous that any old smelly Bigfoot. However, for some unknown reason it's like they have experienced some Earth shattering revelation which borders on a religious experience.

Let talk and more looking without the TV crew in tow please. 

I strongly disagree. Wildlife shows that actually include wildlife are far more interesting than watching people bumble around in the dark.

• Upvote 1