Is Finding Bigfoot...

BFF Patron

Speaking of detective work. In the show one of the cameras had a bit of dirt on the lens. The same dirt spot seemed to move from one person to another during the night video. Basically it showed me that the time line they presented was not how the filming really went because of how the dirt spot moved around. Not surprising since it is an entertainment program. Probably have retakes and that kind of thing. I was wondering about the bear problem but the next show from the producer, showed how they had armed safety people during all the field filming. The other thing was that since they were there in Mid summer, the night consisted of about 3 hours of twilight. But they insisted on using that for their night investigation. Wonder if it occurred to them that BF in that area are very adapted to lack of real darkness so probably do not use it like they would in the lower 48 or even pay any attention to darkness at all that time of year. Lack of human population density probably makes Alaska one of the best places for BF to avoid human contact so they may not even use darkness for cover at all. But the FB crew cannot get themselves to deviate from their normal night investigation format. I wonder how many footprints they have missed finding stumbling around in the dark like they do.

BFF Patron

I dream of the day when Renae on camera says that my picture of a 17.5 inch footprint find looks human. I will just smile, say you sure it looks human? Then respond that the largest human footprint ever documented was only 17 inches long and that person died in 1940.

I'm still trying to find out why they insist on night investigations...every town hall meeting tells stories from local folks' daytime sightings.

But, then again, this show is not about actually finding bigfoot.

BFF Patron

It basically is theatre or entertainment. I know the last thing I want to happen is blunder into a BF in the dark. That might be dangerous.

BFF Patron

Keep checking the BFRO website.   You might be able to get to the town hall meeting in person.   Of course it probably was filmed already.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

The follow up show was actually pretty interesting. There is a tremendous amount of planning and organization that goes into each episode. The thing that surprised me the most was when Keith, the producer, stepped on the scale at the airport and weighed in at 192. He doesn't look like a big guy and seems pretty trim but even taking his winter wear into consideration he must be around 180. But I guess with guys like Bobo and MM for comparison a lot of folks might seem a bit diminutive!

Guest ewashguy56

Keep checking the BFRO website.   You might be able to get to the town hall meeting in person.   Of course it probably was filmed already.

Yep it was. I checked and found out the BF episode will take place in Idaho's Panhandle area, and in fact because I saw a mention in the Spokane newspaper a couple of months back, I think it takes place in the Moscow Idaho area or thereabouts, just down the road from me here.

I saw Renae waiting for a flight (not sure where she was headed) at the Seattle Airport on the 1st. I was on my way to Canada's Babine River for some steelhead fishing (it was epic, btw), and longed to just take a seat and hound her with questions. As you might guess, my respect for her privacy outweighed my desire to talk all things BF. She was keeping her eyes down and straight ahead; I suspect many other travelers had not been as considerate.

Oh, and no SSQ spotted on the Babine. But man--with all the (now dead) salmon in that river and other abundance (moose, deer) it has a very Squatchy feel. I didn't dare ask our fishing guides about sightings, but one night driving out somebody called out "eye shine." The driver turned the truck back, but whatever it was, was gone. "Moose," was the driver's guess, but it made me wonder what they've seen over the years. This particular night we were in the town of Smithers in a residential area, and all I could think of was all the reports of BF looking in people's windows that I've read. I wonder how many eyeshines are simply dismissed out of hand like that. 

But yeah, probably moose.

I dream of the day when Renae on camera says that my picture of a 17.5 inch footprint find looks human. I will just smile, say you sure it looks human? Then respond that the largest human footprint ever documented was only 17 inches long and that person died in 1940.