Bigfoot Beheads People?

SSR Team

The boys who do that show undoubtedly have their own views that they push on the people that listen each and every week which are that these animals aren't the lovey dovey "forest people" that some people think they are, and are actually quite dangerous wild animals that highly likely do hurt humans at times and they only have guests on their show who always drop in words to that effect in every interview they air.

Whether they're right or not, who knows.

My guess as always is that like so many things, it's somewhere in the middle.

I don't believe every one of these animals has an underlying intention to eat people like the Guys that do that show seem to think, but nor do I think these animals are just big hairy furballs that are more likely to leave a flower on your porch and smile at you than anything else, like others seem to think.

• Upvote 2

Guest Darrell

Seems about as appropriate as any other crazy bizzare behavior attributed to bigfoot. The best thing with bigfoot, is you can make up the stuff as you go. Reality means nothing.

Thank you Bobby, you have *always* been the kindest person I have dealt with, and I sincerely appreciate you. 

This man's story tells about a side of the BF species that I have never heard about. I believe that the BF are *not* dangerous to us humans, but if this guy is telling the truth, than I have been wrong about them being gentle giants.

Darrell, I have always thought that the BF were not really dangerous to humans unless cornered, or a human comes between a baby and the mother or daddy. This man seems to know what he is talking about, but he claims that he has seen BF behead people! Humans killed by having their heads "popped" off by a BF is something that I have **never** heard about:(

I've heard of old legends of them beheading people.  For the most part sasquatches seem to avoid people.  I agree with BobbyO that they can be dangerous and hurt humans at times.  And there are certainly many stories, particularly Indian legends, of them killing humans.  Here is an excerpt from an article about interations with Indians.  The "Seeahtik" is one name for bigfoot. The Indians retaliated after having some women stolen and it says 12 of them were ripped apart.

"Allen Chenois added that the Tyapish had not killed any Indians of the past generation that he knows of, but he had heard that former Chehalis Indians had been murdered at times by the giant Indians. They were so strong it is known they could pull a grown man’s head right off.  L. Peter James of the Lummi tribe related last year to the writer that the Seeahtik always leaves a tiny branch of cedar tree at places they have visited or upon people whom they have killed or played a practical joke on. The Duwamish tribe at one time related that some of their women had been stolen. The Seeahtiks in a rage killed 12 of the Duwamish tribe by ripping them in two. Mr. James’ mother, who is still alive, was a witness to the tragedy. She said; “They took our young men like toys, turning them upside down and ripping them in two like a piece of calico. Never again did the Duwamish tribe seek revenge when their women and babies were stolen by these Snayihum or Indians of the night and brothers to the Noseless one.â€

http://hamell.net/earliest-documented-bigfoot-sighting-in-pacific-northwest-part-2/

Edited by jayjeti

Suzi, curious what it is you wish to hear. That bigfoot are gentle woodland imps that help mankind at any chance they get?

Has anyone actually listened to the link? Coonbo makes it very clear that it is a second or third hand story and that he doesn't believe that it happened.

• Upvote 4

The boys who do that show undoubtedly have their own views that they push on the people that listen each and every week which are that these animals aren't the lovey dovey "forest people" that some people think they are, and are actually quite dangerous wild animals that highly likely do hurt humans at times and they only have guests on their show who always drop in words to that effect in every interview they air.

Whether they're right or not, who knows.

My guess as always is that like so many things, it's somewhere in the middle.

I don't believe every one of these animals has an underlying intention to eat people like the Guys that do that show seem to think, but nor do I think these animals are just big hairy furballs that are more likely to leave a flower on your porch and smile at you than anything else, like others seem to think.

You expressed my own feelings on these guys very well. I guess they think all of the ignorant fear-mongering is good for ratings, and not surprisingly it is. I have had experiences with these "hairy people" and those experiences, while sometimes very nerve-wracking, were always of a pretty dang possitive nature...these blogspot guys would have me believe the 2 or 3 of these critters that I was around were going to kill me and eat me and that bigfoot would NEVER behave the way that they very often actually seem to do and want to do. Ridiculous really, and very bad for the field and deadly for the bigfoot.

• Upvote 1

Bonehead, I listened to it and the man telling the story said he had doubts about the story because he couldn't corroborate it, but he left open the possibility it could have happened.  He did not flat out say he did not believe the story.  While searching old news paper articles he says he ran accross at story back in the old ball and percusion days of men shooting at a bigfoot and four of them were attacked and had their heads torn off, and he said reading that account reminded him a great deal of the story his friend had told him. 

The story he couldn't corroborate was said to have been written up in a police report as a bear attack, and the man was torn into pieces.  I've read old accounts of people being mutilated. 

Here's a story of five men getting their heads torn off by a bigfoot.

June 20, 1829: Okefenokee Swamp, Georgia. A team of hunters set out in an attempt to track down and kill a Bigfoot in the swamp. After tracking for two weeks, they were set upon by the Bigfoot one night. The men opened up with all their guns, but it seemed useless. Five of the men were killed by the Bigfoot, who then tore all of the men’s heads off. The surviving men opened up on the Bigfoot, finally killing it. Reported by Augusta Chronicle, March 12, 2000 – “Hunters Told of Swamp Creature’s Attack.â€

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/category/animals/wild/mammals/apes/bigfoot/

Edited by jayjeti

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bigfoothotspot/2014/02/28/sc-ep19-bigfoot-stories-with-tim-coonbo-baker

This program tells Tim's stories and if this guy is telling the truth than BF are more dangerous than I ever thought that they were. Is any of this stuff possible?

Have any of you ever heard anything about BF beheading people?

Something that size could probably squeeze your head into a fine liquid with just the power of it's grip and still have more strength to spare. I think the fact that in the story a member of it's group had just gotten blown away for no reason is more than enough to warrant it's response. I would expect the same behavior from any creature that has much of any sense. If you shoot at someone, threaten their children, or murder a member of their family they will probably make it their mission in life to end you, get me? Most stories I have ran into over the years of a bigfoot killing someone involved it being shot at or shot first, then just reducing the shooter into a fine slimy liquid in retaliation, I have no problem believing that is how it usually goes down, but i can't say I will ever try to hurt one to find out.  :maninlove:

Edited by Xion Comrade

You expressed my own feelings on these guys very well. I guess they think all of the ignorant fear-mongering is good for ratings, and not surprisingly it is. I have had experiences with these "hairy people" and those experiences, while sometimes very nerve-wracking, were always of a pretty dang possitive nature...these blogspot guys would have me believe the 2 or 3 of these critters that I was around were going to kill me and eat me and that bigfoot would NEVER behave the way that they very often actually seem to do and want to do. Ridiculous really, and very bad for the field and deadly for the bigfoot.

The vast majority of bigfoot seem to be peaceniks in terms of harming us, and you really shouldn't have much to worry about in terms of being killed, but things have and do happen, and the episode in question going through some accounts of sasquatches doing mock charges, which there are sometimes reports of that, and the man's truck being dented by one throwing a limb, or personal injury after injuring one has happened many times, and there's nothing wrong with telling this side of their behavior.  I didn't gather that they wanted everyone to believe that sasquatches were generally out to kill and eat us. 

Guest JiggyPotamus

Personally I do not buy it, but I will admit that isolated incidents are going to be found within any population group, whether human, sasquatch, chimpanzee, etc. Speaking of non-human primates like chimps or bonobos, these creatures have been known to show great empathy and sympathy to their species. Bonobos are especially advanced in this respect, and they are my favorite non-human primate aside from sasquatch. My point is simply that it is possible for sasquatch to possess the development necessary to exhibit such characteristics, and perhaps they would actually act favorably toward humans. There are definitely reports detailing a bigfoot saving or helping a human, and this seems to be in their nature, like other types of primates. I have stated in the past that I do believe bigfoot to be dangerous, and I still believe this, but one does not have to worry about a sasquatch being violent towards you at all times.

They are dangerous mainly because of their power, their size, strength, speed, intelligence, etc., and not because they are constantly out to do harm to us. They are likely only dangerous when defending themselves, or when defending their family or possibly their territory. Aggression of this nature is much more likely to be done towards other sasquatch as opposed to humans. Another reason I still classify them as dangerous is that we are not certain of their nature. We haven't gathered enough data about the behavior to know exactly how they think. Personally I feel that their solitary nature, which is different from the social nature of most other primates, could mean they are less forgiving where other sasquatch are concerned, and unless they differentiate other sasquatch and humans, their violence could spill over in some instances. So I just feel that violence towards humans, while possible in a number of ways, is unlikely in the majority of instances. Undoubtedly their lack of contact with humans makes it less likely for them to hurt us, especially considering they are more apt to move away from us than charge us or close the distance and harm us. Ape Canyon, if true, seems to indicate that sasquatch can retaliate, and that they are less solitary than I personally believe.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic