Bigfoot Beheads People?

In the 1930s, at Duke University in North Carolina J. B. Rhine and his wife Louisa tried to develop psychical research into an experimental science. To avoid the connotations of hauntings and the seance room, they renamed it "parapsychology". While Louisa Rhine concentrated on collecting accounts of spontaneous cases, J. B. Rhine worked largely in the laboratory, carefully defining terms such as ESP and psi and designing experiments to test them. A simple set of cards was developed, originally called Zener cards[8] - now called ESP cards. They bear the symbols circle, square, wavy lines, cross, and star; there are five cards of each in a pack of 25. In a telepathy experiment, the "sender" looks at a series of cards while the "receiver" guesses the symbols. To try to observe clairvoyance, the pack of cards is hidden from everyone while the receiver guesses. To try to observe precognition, the order of the cards is determined after the guesses are made..............

................. Soal (another researcher) re-analysed his data for evidence of what Carington (another researcher) termed displacement. (ESP) Soal discovered, to his surprise, that four of his former participants, Randolph Tucker Pendleton IV, Amanda Bailey, Ling Dao and Rachel Brown, evidenced displacement: i.e., their responses significantly corresponded to targets...............                           http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasensory_perception

This experiment with the cards would be easy to do.

It's funny, I recall in like the 2nd or 3rd grade a 'group' came into the classroom and administered that test (or one very similar) to the students.  Not sure what ever happened, but they took ol' Billy out of the class and we never saw him again.

(Just kidding about Billy!, but not the test)

Well, I wasn't necessarily suggesting there was any evidence to suggest that BF (or Dogman) committed any of the acts above, but apparently there was no evidence to suggest they didn't.

My point kind of was if BF was bent on killing, what keeps it in the woods?  A dogman chasing a car going to a dogman sneaking into a home at the outskirts of town isn't a huge stretch.

I was simply adding yet another layer to the 'what ifs' and saying that maybe it isn't just the woods we should be afraid of.....

Now, if the killing/maiming were territorial, or the reaction to a perceived threat, that is totally different.  And not murderous IMO.

Cotter, My main thought on these murders is that, sadly, humans did them.

Man's inhumanity to man has been well documented:(

Gumshoe asked me:

So what were your feelings" before the sighting/encounter?   

Susie says:

I was just stroking and talking to our new dog, reassuring him that everything was okay.

Hubby was irritated that the road was so dreadful and feared actually breaking an axle on our car.

I never ever thought about really seeing a BF or a *DM*, which I did not even know existed at that time.I was sorta looking for a BF but not ever really thinking that I might actually see one. Some gentleman here explained to me that I had seen a DM, not a BF.  

"In your description, you opted for freeze.  It has been the demise of many folks...not so many animals as they tend to be selected out of the gene pool."

I don't know Cotter, freezing is a defence mechanism for many prey species.  If the predator doesn't see or scent them, they have a good chance of getting away.  I once watched my beagle go right past a snowshoe rabbit that had frozen under a small bush.  He never knew it was there.

t.

Terry: Plus 1 to you from me with thanks..

"In your description, you opted for freeze.  It has been the demise of many folks...not so many animals as they tend to be selected out of the gene pool."

I don't know Cotter, freezing is a defence mechanism for many prey species.  If the predator doesn't see or scent them, they have a good chance of getting away.  I once watched my beagle go right past a snowshoe rabbit that had frozen under a small bush.  He never knew it was there.

t.

Missed that (until Suzie quoted part of).

I think the difference is that 'freezing' is done after confrontation.  What you describe is hiding.  Say, a deer gets ambushed by a pack of 'yotes.  The deer's choices are fight, flight, or freeze.  The coyotes already know where it's at and have ID'd it.  Now, if the deer heard the 'yotes coming, and hunkered down, that's more of a hiding/camoflague technique, quite common.  Doesn't work so well if the prey is already spotted.

Well, I wasn't necessarily suggesting there was any evidence to suggest that BF (or Dogman) committed any of the acts above, but apparently there was no evidence to suggest they didn't.

My point kind of was if BF was bent on killing, what keeps it in the woods?  A dogman chasing a car going to a dogman sneaking into a home at the outskirts of town isn't a huge stretch.

I was simply adding yet another layer to the 'what ifs' and saying that maybe it isn't just the woods we should be afraid of.....

Now, if the killing/maiming were territorial, or the reaction to a perceived threat, that is totally different.  And not murderous IMO.

Cotter, plus 1 to you

Since I have become involved in the "dogman" world as well as being a BF believer and BFF member for a long time, and reading about many encounters which occurred when one or more types of these creatures were seen **looking** into windows where people were in the rooms with the lights on; I now believe anything is possible with these creatures. I'll go and locate a podcast where 2 boys saw a DM looking through a window, and their father ran outside and witnessed the creature for himself.

I'll post that podcast URL ASAP.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Still mulling over your response SusiQ ...

Hello Terry - In the only occasion I had to actually witness coyotes prey on deer occurred during the wee hours of a cold wintery night.  The drama playing out before me was next to a road under a big full moon casting light over freshly fallen snow. It provided me with a near daylight visual as I watched. The deer apparently sensed or heard the coyote(s) long before I seen them.  Seconds or minutes later, I could see little green or yellow eye shine space close together darting in and out of the darkness. Beyond all reason and thought, I could understand why the deer just stood there turning left and right rather than fleeing. I'll spare the details only to say it was over quickly and nearly completely devoured within an hour maybe.  

http://www.dogmanencountersradio.com/show

Episode 10

This is scary for me to listen to, but I'm a girly girl, okay, I'm not a man.

Vic, The moderator, likes his scary sounding introduction. Personally, I love the guy, but I wish he would tone down the intro;)

I totally understand why this man has the feelings he has. Thankfully, I am not forced to walk nor work inside the forests.This poor guy has to work near or in woodlands. 

Edited by SweetSusiq

Still mulling over your response SusiQ ...

Hello Terry - In the only occasion I had to actually witness coyotes prey on deer occurred during the wee hours of a cold wintery night.  The drama playing out before me was next to a road under a big full moon casting light over freshly fallen snow. It provided me with a near daylight visual as I watched. The deer apparently sensed or heard the coyote(s) long before I seen them.  Seconds or minutes later, I could see little green or yellow eye shine space close together darting in and out of the darkness. Beyond all reason and thought, I could understand why the deer just stood there turning left and right rather than fleeing. I'll spare the details only to say it was over quickly and nearly completely devoured within an hour maybe.  

Gum, Were you out hunting, or on a stakeout?  It sounds like you were enjoying a beautiful peaceful moment before the "drama" unfolded:( 

As for sensing, I had a weird feeling when people are coming up behind.

In a big crowd, I'm annoyed in general so no special insights there for me...

A couple times in dark parking lots at night I've "felt" someone coming up behind me.  I immediately whirled around to face them and they would turn and go off a different direction.  Toward areas they would have gotten to much faster if they had been walking that direction in the first place.  No "hello" or acknowledgement - just an abrupt turn and a B-line to anywhere else.  Cant say what intent was.  Sometimes I hear my inner voice say "watch out behind you"!

Now oddly enough people I know well or trust can come right up behind me and I have no clue...

As for sensing, I had a weird feeling when people are coming up behind.

In a big crowd, I'm annoyed in general so no special insights there for me...

A couple times in dark parking lots at night I've "felt" someone coming up behind me.  I immediately whirled around to face them and they would turn and go off a different direction.  Toward areas they would have gotten to much faster if they had been walking that direction in the first place.  No "hello" or acknowledgement - just an abrupt turn and a B-line to anywhere else.  Cant say what intent was.  Sometimes I hear my inner voice say "watch out behind you"!

Now oddly enough people I know well or trust can come right up behind me and I have no clue...

Oh, Frap, That is your defense mechanism kicking in, thankfully, yours seems to be well developed. I believe that you need to always respond to any feelings such as those because they can save your life. Plus 1 to you from me with hugs and love because you are okay and here with us today.

SusiQ - I was working that night, things were slowing down and it was time for aside, cut the lights and watch, look and listen. I worked 16 years on a midnight shift of my 25 1/2 years of service and have all the scars and broken bones to show for it.  

Frap10 - I remember the only time I visited Munich, Germany during Oktober Fest. I lived in Southern Bavaria for about two years and I was assigned to some training down there. Imagine if you will, an area seemingly as large as a city block with nothing but beer drinking festivities? It is said, there could be a million people there during peak season. My experience of witnessing that many people for the first time in my naïve mind left me in awe of the world around me. So many people you could literally draw your knees up to your chest and allow the crushing crowd carry you down into the festival area. Then, you drop your legs and move slowly behind the crowds to your favorite Bierhaus!

Sorry Folks, I know we drifted a bit off topic here but I had to mention it.

Frap 10 - If you read my earlier post in terms of sensing exercises, and how it can be used, I failed to mention one other part that I later used to develop in that area. During my college years I took a course called, Death, Dying and Grieving, that helped immensely in the course of my job. Some of us (generally speaking) can cross our fingers, cross our legs, rub a rabbits foot, knock on wood or rub a crystal ball for luck, but not me. I had to draw all available tools to make me a better person in my slavish devotion to my work ...

SusiQ- Did you happen to read the two old articles I posted on Wildman earlier this morning? If so, what do you make of them? I thought they were both interesting in that they were vastly similar to what is commonly reported presently. Both of them, one taking place in the 1890s and the other in the 1900s occurring in separate venues terrorized the public enough to make news.

In one instance a horse was attacked and the neck was promptly broken before it dragged off into the woods. Search parties in one or both instances reported finding evidence of camp fires and a club ....

Edited by Gumshoeye

Speaking for me, myself, I do not subscribe to the idea of enabling them to hanging around my property by food or other items either for the same reason but that is my opinion. For me in my mind, it causes or has a potential for unforeseeable problems. Committing oneself to providing food and gifts to something wild is a lifetime commitment I would argue most do not consider. When they (person or persons gifting) cease they can leave or move but some unsuspecting (somebody) else comes along buys the property and now they are dealing with something they neither understand or started.

I have indeed heard of them (BF's) window peeping, trying doors, even entering occupied dwellings and I have to wonder if it had anything to do with previous human behavior.

Just a thought.    

Hey Cotter - Point well taken ... You made some good thought provoking points ... Keep posting!  

I'm of the opposite opinion, that if you develop a rapport with them through gifting you will have less problems.  If you develop some kind of gifting with them on your property that means they are already in the area before you left anything out.  I believe we can develop a mutual respect with them.  That's a goal of people doing field research.  In Washington state Jon and Sara Brown have a generational relationship with them on their property going back to a grandfather.  Here's an interesting interview where Sara talks about that interaction.

http://bigfootblogger.com/sara-brown-sits-down-with-ed-brown/

Here is a video with vocals including language and thermal video they obtained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNem7Stsa04

Edited by jayjeti

Frap 10 - If you read my earlier post in terms of sensing exercises, and how it can be used, I failed to mention one other part that I later used to develop in that area. During my college years I took a course called, Death, Dying and Grieving, that helped immensely in the course of my job. Some of us (generally speaking) can cross our fingers, cross our legs, rub a rabbits foot, knock on wood or rub a crystal ball for luck, but not me. I had to draw all available tools to make me a better person in my slavish devotion to my work ...

SusiQ- Did you happen to read the two old articles I posted on Wildman earlier this morning? If so, what do you make of them? I thought they were both interesting in that they were vastly similar to what is commonly reported presently. Both of them, one taking place in the 1890s and the other in the 1900s occurring in separate venues terrorized the public enough to make news.

In one instance a horse was attacked and the neck was promptly broken before it dragged off into the woods. Search parties in one or both instances reported finding evidence of camp fires and a club ....

Where is this posted? What topic and forum? I keep having to take care of the  2 Yorkies and the 3 cats, plus Axle, a wonderful abandoned dog that the vet called and asked us to take, which, thankfully, we did, so I am having trouble keeping up here due to all of the commotion here at home !

Thanks Gumshoeye for asking, I will check it out when I locate whatever it is I'm supposed to see! Yikes:(

I'm of the opposite opinion, that if you develop a rapport with them through gifting you will have less problems.  If you develop some kind of gifting with them on your property that means they are already in the area before you left anything out.  I believe we can develop a mutual respect with them.  That's a goal of people doing field research.  In Washington state Jon and Sara Brown have a generational relationship with them on their property going back to a grandfather.  Here's an interesting interview where Sara talks about that interaction.

http://bigfootblogger.com/sara-brown-sits-down-with-ed-brown/

Here is a video with vocals including language and thermal video they obtained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNem7Stsa04

That is communication, and sounds like a language of some sort. Some of those sound like a female is making them.Some sound like a female is lamenting something, either hungry, or sad sounding. Do you guys pick that up? Where were these sounds recorded? Just a region, I'm not asking for a specific location. With all of the film, and pictures, the recorded sounds, and the sighting reports,how can people not believe in BF?

Frap10 - I remember the only time I visited Munich, Germany during Oktober Fest. I lived in Southern Bavaria for about two years and I was assigned to some training down there. Imagine if you will, an area seemingly as large as a city block with nothing but beer drinking festivities? It is said, there could be a million people there during peak season. My experience of witnessing that many people for the first time in my naïve mind left me in awe of the world around me. So many people you could literally draw your knees up to your chest and allow the crushing crowd carry you down into the festival area. Then, you drop your legs and move slowly behind the crowds to your favorite Bierhaus!

Sorry Folks, I know we drifted a bit off topic here but I had to mention it.

I have enjoyed several Oktober fest over the past several years, but I kept getting pinched black and blue, and stopped going when I was in Germany. German men take the award for pinching, period! I've been to a few here in America, and there was a lot less of the pinching going on, plus hubby was with me, so we had a great time. Lots of beer and music and dancing, what's not to love;)

Edited by SweetSusiq

• masterbarber unpinned this topic