Finding Bigfoot

Does anyone know if they walk with their faces into the wind, or stay downwind of where they think the BF should be? Do they study topo maps, and choose natural funnels or choke points to focus their efforts on? Do they use some type of cover scent or lures as it's pretty well documented what a BF reportedly smells like?

Those are good questions and important ones to seasoned hunters.

Scent is probably the most important thing if one is truly trying to Finding Bigfoot. Topo maps and funnel points are key also.

I've never witnessed them paying any attention to scent or wind direction and I think I have watched all of the shows.

I have seen them viewing Topo maps but not to find funnel areas.

Mainly so their arses didn't get lost while Finding Bigfoot.

Guest ewashguy56

I thought this was the last season? Is it FBF? OR another group?

I know Walking Dead cuts their season in half, which I think is a great idea, back around Feb. But there has only been 4 or 5 FB, havent caught any this season though.

it is still The Finding Bigfoot group, and I too thought this was the last season. I can only conclude the ratings were good enough to justify another year, but I have no clue.

Perhaps Rene was abducted by a BF while on a solo night investigation and they will rename the show Finding Rene when it returns...

Edited by Mythos

I have talked with a contact for Finding Bigfoot and they have been denied permits to film in the National Forest here. They are looking for private land to film. Is this happening in other states besides SC?

I read something similar in another thread about permits and wonder if contacting my Congressman or Senator would help.(My dad knows several of em)

From what I have seen of the show, they are never going to find BF the way they go about it.   I am sure that a couple of the members have to know that. 

The show is for entertainment, not serious research. 

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

I heard Cliff Barackman give a presentation last night in Portland. It was aimed at a total disbeliever and while most of it was spot on, I found myself disagreeing with several things he said. In his own presentation he cast doubt on what he was saying with many examples to the contrary. He said BF are nocturnal and then a few minutes later showed some of the many daytime BF pictures out there and told about several examples of daytime road crossing and other sightings. If BF are primarily nocturnal why are there daytime sightings and photographs? Daytime photographs of primarily nocturnal animals only happen when that animal is disturbed in its sleeping location during the day. The only time I have seen a bat fly in North America is when I have disturbed its daytime sleep. BF may elect to move around at night when humans are around, but when humans are not known to be around, they move around in the daytime too as indicated by the photographs and witness accounts.

He mentioned human howls and knocks as if they are an essential part of making contact with BF. I had thought that aspect of "Finding Bigfoot" was more MM than Cliff but it seems I am wrong. Mind you this is not so much as differing theory, but experiences I have had and obvious data that he is aware of, that contradicts their methodology. He even mentioned at one point that when they start doing knocks, often they don't hear any more from the BF. What it told me is that the principal characters on "Finding Bigfoot" are so entrenched with their methodology, they are ignoring data that is suggesting a change in their tactics in the field. Perhaps that is why they are not "Finding Bigfoot". I wonder how many times they have stepped on a footprint find or walked past a BF peeking out from behind a tree blundering around in the dark like they do. He says most of the time they cannot see their hand in front of their face even though the IR cameras and IR lights on those poles show their faces well lighted on the show.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

I was looking for Finding BF last night and it was not there. I was wondering if they had heard the contents of Survivorman Bigfoot that is starting in April so pulled their Finding Bigfoot series. Somehow I think Less Stroud might be more successful in finding something.

Les Stroud does not take essentially a marching band (AKA camera crew) with him, so yes, I think Les has a much better chance of actually finding something, and it may even be a Sasquatch! 

I would really enjoy it if Les should film a Dogman. I so hope to live long enough to tell hubby "I told you so"!

I heard Cliff Barackman give a presentation last night in Portland. It was aimed at a total disbeliever and while most of it was spot on, I found myself disagreeing with several things he said. In his own presentation he cast doubt on what he was saying with many examples to the contrary. He said BF are nocturnal and then a few minutes later showed some of the many daytime BF pictures out there and told about several examples of daytime road crossing and other sightings. If BF are primarily nocturnal why are there daytime sightings and photographs? Daytime photographs of primarily nocturnal animals only happen when that animal is disturbed in its sleeping location during the day. The only time I have seen a bat fly in North America is when I have disturbed its daytime sleep. BF may elect to move around at night when humans are around, but when humans are not known to be around, they move around in the daytime too as indicated by the photographs and witness accounts.

He mentioned human howls and knocks as if they are an essential part of making contact with BF. I had thought that aspect of "Finding Bigfoot" was more MM than Cliff but it seems I am wrong. Mind you this is not so much as differing theory, but experiences I have had and obvious data that he is aware of, that contradicts their methodology. He even mentioned at one point that when they start doing knocks, often they don't hear any more from the BF. What it told me is that the principal characters on "Finding Bigfoot" are so entrenched with their methodology, they are ignoring data that is suggesting a change in their tactics in the field. Perhaps that is why they are not "Finding Bigfoot". I wonder how many times they have stepped on a footprint find or walked past a BF peeking out from behind a tree blundering around in the dark like they do. He says most of the time they cannot see their hand in front of their face even though the IR cameras and IR lights on those poles show their faces well lighted on the show.

Someone like you, who knows how to do this stuff, needs to approach a *producer* of that program, and explain how to catch or film a BF, and that it is not with a "Marching Band" along while acting like you are doing research to find Bigfoot.

MM is just rolling in the money, that's all I think he cares about. People watch his show, so he continues making junk, I watched maybe 2 shows, and that was 2 too many.

BFF Patron

As some said, Less Stroud probably has the best chance of getting something on video. He is normally alone in the field. His series on BF is supposed to start in April. They had filmed 5 episodes and were working on the 6th and last one.

I was thinking the other day, that "Finding Bigfoot" has been on the air longer than I have been doing field work. I may have been very lucky with location and methods, but I have sure found more than they have shown on the show. With that number of people in the field, one would think that they would at least find a footprint in several times a year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ewashguy56

On this Sundays season finale episode I guess the crew go back to Pennsylvania where they will search for BF in forests that are allegedly haunted as well, for a little twist.

BFF Patron

A couple of weeks ago (on the 8th) I talked to Cliff and he mentioned that he would be filming through September. That either means they expect another season, or hope to have another season. I would not think they would spend that much money without knowing it would be aired. I know there has been a lot of talk here about this being the final season.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Season finale already? What was this a big four-episode season? Wow, I feel cheated.

Kind of like the new packaging in the grocery store...same prices but smaller quantities. That really chaps my buttocks.

Edited by OKBFFan

As some said, Less Stroud probably has the best chance of getting something on video. He is normally alone in the field. His series on BF is supposed to start in April. They had filmed 5 episodes and were working on the 6th and last one.

Good to hear Les is doing more BF episodes.This seems to be something he could pursue from a very credible angle.

His first two BF shows (Standing aside LOL) was well done and credible enough to watch all the way through. 

Bring on more LES! 

Edited by Biggest

SSR Team

I heard Cliff Barackman give a presentation last night in Portland. It was aimed at a total disbeliever and while most of it was spot on, I found myself disagreeing with several things he said. In his own presentation he cast doubt on what he was saying with many examples to the contrary. He said BF are nocturnal and then a few minutes later showed some of the many daytime BF pictures out there and told about several examples of daytime road crossing and other sightings. If BF are primarily nocturnal why are there daytime sightings and photographs? Daytime photographs of primarily nocturnal animals only happen when that animal is disturbed in its sleeping location during the day. The only time I have seen a bat fly in North America is when I have disturbed its daytime sleep. BF may elect to move around at night when humans are around, but when humans are not known to be around, they move around in the daytime too as indicated by the photographs and witness accounts..

They're not interested in finding bigfoot, they're interested in prolonging themselves finding bigfoot.

They all earn decent $$ out of finding bigfoot these days.

Good luck to them, but don't take anything any of them say as gospel as the truth is normally very decent especially with this specific subject you talk about.

I think it's clear that Sasquatches aren't nocturnal and I would suggest anyone who says they are to purchase a dictionary and see what the word actually means.

Good to hear Les is doing more BF episodes.This seems to be something he could pursue from a very credible angle.

His first two BF shows (Standing aside LOL) was well done and credible enough to watch all the way through.

Bring on more LES!

Yes.

Les is more!