Finding Bigfoot

Guest ewashguy56

I must say, the final show of the season was great and interesting. They had a record turnout at the Town Hall,a huge amount of people who said they saw bigfoot, and then on at least two nights out, solid knocking noises. In addition to this, they got a video from a phone of two gals in Uniontown, I think it was, that looked pretty good of bigfoot walking into some brush. Overall I would say this was maybe the most successful show of the series, period. Interesting aspect was some of the woods nearby was allegedly haunted.

Definitely a short season, but they have done several two hour episodes as well as at least two (that I recall) of the "behind the scenes" programs. It's likely becoming a more expensive production to shoot as time goes on and they do more of the overseas shows. Helicopter rentals are expensive and used in every episode and in Alaska they required an armed guide for bear protection. One of the Admin bot threads entitled "News Feed - Bigfoot In Bamberg? Animal Planet Looks For Clues Along Edisto - The Tand D.com" covers a local news story about the crew filming a show in Georgia for the seventh season. As I've said before, I think the value of the show is in making the subject somewhat more mainstream, hopefully encouraging more folks to come forward and report their encounters.

BFF Patron

I was surprised that part of the last episode included ghost hunters. Wonder where I can get a trick flashlight that goes on after a delay? They asked a ghost to turn on the flashlight and it came on. Sure could entertain people at parties. MM is not exactly open to much paranormal when it comes to BF.

..... As I've said before, I think the value of the show is in making the subject somewhat more mainstream, hopefully encouraging more folks to come forward and report their encounters.

At least until last night, because who wouldn't want to be associated with the more mainstream ghost hunting community.  

Before the start of this season I wondered if FB could go so low that it's an embarrassment to be associated w/Bigfoot - now I fearfully wonder what harm they can do next season. 

The cast made it pretty clear that they felt the reports of ghosts were more likely Bigfoot related. Cliff treated the ghost hunting aspect humorously. 

There does seem to be some disquietude between ghost hunters and BF hunters--at least the camp who believe BF to be nothing but flesh and blood undiscovered animal. Of course, let's not get into that too much as there is already a section for paranormal topix ;)

• 2 months later...

I was surprised that part of the last episode included ghost hunters. Wonder where I can get a trick flashlight that goes on after a delay? They asked a ghost to turn on the flashlight and it came on. Sure could entertain people at parties. MM is not exactly open to much paranormal when it comes to BF.

Thats not like Moneymaker to venture into the "paranormal" stuff. He doesnt go there.

Definitely a short season, but they have done several two hour episodes as well as at least two (that I recall) of the "behind the scenes" programs. It's likely becoming a more expensive production to shoot as time goes on and they do more of the overseas shows. Helicopter rentals are expensive and used in every episode and in Alaska they required an armed guide for bear protection. One of the Admin bot threads entitled "News Feed - Bigfoot In Bamberg? Animal Planet Looks For Clues Along Edisto - The Tand D.com" covers a local news story about the crew filming a show in Georgia for the seventh season. As I've said before, I think the value of the show is in making the subject somewhat more mainstream, hopefully encouraging more folks to come forward and report their encounters.

I agree with that comment. I dont agree with Moneymaker's views on the subject . ( he WANTS Sasquatch to be a ape), but his website and the show have value. Good post.

BFF Patron

I agree with that comment. I dont agree with Moneymaker's views on the subject . ( he WANTS Sasquatch to be a ape), but his website and the show have value. Good post.

It is easier for everyone concerned if Sasquatch is an ape.    But that causes me to wonder if is not that simple and that is the reason for all the allegations of cover up from the government.    Thinking about that, lets throw out a hypothetical.       Lets say that BF is not an ape but some primitive primate man either in or out of the human family tree.     If that is the case, it has most likely been on this continent as long, or probably longer than modern humans.    If it is not an ape, and the government knows it,    then who are the Native Americans?    Has the government given that designation and special treatment to the wrong group?     Is that a big oops and why the government does not want it known?    If so, how does the government fix that?    It probably cannot at this point.    If this tribe occupies vast wooded areas of the country,  how can reservations be established as have been done with other Native Peoples that do not take huge regions of timber out of federal or private ownership?     Would Sasquatch likely stay on a reservation?   Most likely not.    I see a lot of problems if BF is not an ape.    Does the government know that?    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

It is easier for everyone concerned if Sasquatch is an ape.    But that causes me to wonder if is not that simple and that is the reason for all the allegations of cover up from the government.    Thinking about that, lets throw out a hypothetical.       Lets say that BF is not an ape but some primitive primate man either in or out of the human family tree.     If that is the case, it has most likely been on this continent as long, or probably longer than modern humans.    If it is not an ape, and the government knows it,    then who are the Native Americans?    Has the government given that designation and special treatment to the wrong group?     Is that a big oops and why the government does not want it known?    If so, how does the government fix that?    It probably cannot at this point.    If this tribe occupies vast wooded areas of the country,  how can reservations be established as have been done with other Native Peoples that do not take huge regions of timber out of federal or private ownership?     Would Sasquatch likely stay on a reservation?   Most likely not.    I see a lot of problems if BF is not an ape.    Does the government know that?    

i have something to say about this. good post.

FB seems At the point of grasping for straws! Ratings must be plummeting?

needs a different format and moneymaker being more open to other things.

BFF Patron

Just heard yesterday from someone who had just talked Cliff recently. Cliff told him that this coming season is the end of the series. Cliff wants to do a spin off with a different format, with no MM.

• 2 weeks later...