Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

Any chance it's Nevada, not Arizona?    Thom Powell talks about a report of a burned bigfoot at the 1999 Battle Mountain fire in Nevada in "The Locals."   If you're not familiar with it, I really highly recommend that particular book.

MIB

Hello MIB, It could be …. Like I said it was a good read but I wasn’t certain about the source so I chose not to bring it up and post it. What state is Hairy Reid from? Nevada …. Yup that’s my fault I stand corrected then. I doubt I read it wrong, but I’ll go back and check. I thought it said Arizona…. You are probably right then MIB.

So what do make of that story other than my error in location? I heard of a similar incident in the Mt. Saint Helens area but didn’t realize there two such incidents that never really occurred. (said tongue in cheek)

Thank you for clearing that up MIB, much appreciated my friend.

FWIW, there was another rumor of a burned BF body found during the Douglas Complex fires in Oregon in 2013 but as I understood it, it reportedly wasn't killed by fire, just burned after the fact.  There was some discussion here on BFF about that I think.    georgerm may remember more about that.    (I don't actually put a lot of weight on this story.)

I don't know what to think about the Battle Mountain fire report.   As I understand it, attempts to follow up lead nowhere ... sort of as you'd expect whether the story was true and there is a conspiracy to suppress evidence or whether the story was entirely fiction and there was nothing to follow.   I think it just has to be filed away under "hmmmm" until new information comes to light, there's no rational basis to dismiss it, no rational basis to put the seal of approval on it.  

MIB

When I started this thread I really had something different in mind

than what is pictured below, but I could not help myself.

post-23370-0-97630200-1418568948.jpg

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

You know that forest fires do provide one definite situation where Sasquatch must become pretty

vulnerable, either from the fire itself, or from detection while fleeing it. I know that they

can really move, but a fire can move faster, nothing can really outrun fire. Maybe it would be

wise to research sightings in or near forest fires. I know there are some pretty routine fires,

and I wonder if more sightings occur when one is under way, Gumshoeye your next project awaits

you...

I said with a little tongue in cheek humor but can you imagine a more horrifying experience to a scarecrow than a fire? With Bigfoot, the same difference. That hair will catch fire like a bale of dry straw so; yes I would be fleeing faster than fire …. LCB, I live too far away from major forests like that but I can imagine a whole carnival of animals, birds, insects and retiles of all types and colors fleeing across roads into areas deemed safe. For me though, I nearly bought it one father's day in a house fire trying to save man and his boy. I do not do well around fires thank all the guys and gals that do though.  

Hat tip to all the fire fighters, regular and volunteers...

Edited by Gumshoeye

Does make one consider the idea that some of these larger fires may be set or at least allowed to burn longer as the one rather effective means to either move or remove groups of these creatures, as well as establish buffer zones for a few years. Or perhaps to distroy evidences of their prior presence within a region.

Though that does seem a bit extreme, who knows what difficulties the powers that be may have faced with these beings, should it prove out that they've been dealing with them(and the cover up) for any length of time? Maybe that cover up theory is just a second level distraction trying to prevent the realization that the government has no recourse in terms of viable containment when it comes to such entities, be it due to their nature or their friends..... of course those fires could merely be innocent large scale forest fires with no ulterior motives at all, as well....

Good post Guy, D. Holliday posted something similar on the next thread: Bigfoot Watching Kids see message #31.

Does make one consider the idea that some of these larger fires may be set or at least allowed to burn longer as the one rather effective means to either move or remove groups of these creatures, as well as establish buffer zones for a few years. Or perhaps to distroy evidences of their prior presence within a region.
Though that does seem a bit extreme, who knows what difficulties the powers that be may have faced with these beings, should it prove out that they've been dealing with them(and the cover up) for any length of time? Maybe that cover up theory is just a second level distraction trying to prevent the realization that the government has no recourse in terms of viable containment when it comes to such entities, be it due to their nature or their friends..... of course those fires could merely be innocent large scale forest fires with no ulterior motives at all, as well....

Good post Guy, D. Holliday posted something similar on the next thread: Bigfoot Watching Kids see message #31.

Back to the topic, I've been slowly going through my audio from travels last month, and found a long howl in the recording from the urban location. Audio recording is my solution to having very little free time, and it's definitely producing evidence. It's fairly distant, but can be heard with headphones.

City1.wav

I will get back on the recording JKH, any of you

who have followed this thread might remember my theory

that the local Sasquatch will move down the river for

the winter, and I have often mentioned the area near

LaSalle where the Fox River meets the Illinois, well

here is some substantiation of that theory...

Report # 46878 (Class A)

Submitted by witness on Thursday, October 30, 2014.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiker has a daylight sighting in Buffalo Rock State Park

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 10/10/14

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

DATE: 10/10/14

STATE: Illinois

COUNTY: La Salle County

LOCATION DETAILS: On the embankment of the frog effigy in Buffalo Rock State Park at the edge of the river.

NEAREST TOWN: Utica

NEAREST ROAD: Illinois Rt 34, Dee Bennett Road

OBSERVED: I was standing on the frog effigy in Buffalo Rock State Park in Utica Illinois. I saw and heard the same big foot everybody else describes moving very fast and easily on the side of the steep embankment below the effigy toward the river. It made a crashing sound in the brush. I did not smell it or see its face. I only heard it and saw it from the side and back.

OTHER WITNESSES: No

OTHER STORIES: I went and read the other sightings from the same area.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Clear, dry, calm, around 12 in the afternoon.

ENVIRONMENT: Brushy trees on an embankment by the river.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with both witness by phone.

In Summary:

- The witness described how the upright animal came out of the brush about 50 feet ahead of the hiker. The animal moved quickly along the edge of the woods, and then headed back down into the brush next to the river. The movement was described as sauntering, not running, as it moved 150 feet along the embankment.

- The witness estimated the animal's height at 7 foot.

- The animal was very muscular with wide shoulders.

- The animal's coloring was dark brown to black.

- The witness noticed the animal's long arms.

- The witness was unable to see the face.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog StanCourtney.com for recordings he has collected over the years.

Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

Google Earth Map for above sighting, and a host of other sightings

over the last 30 years...Notice the lack of cover in the surrounding

agricultural areas, this really confines the creatures to narrow bands of river. The predictability

of sightings near these two confluences coincides with the same situation further south where the

Illinois flows into the Mississippi.

post-23370-0-20978200-1419531812_thumb.j

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

There is a lot of that discussion either way all throughout the BF community.

JKH, sometimes you will get humming sounds coming from car tires or trucks or other

mechanical sounds, this is what I hear in your recording, but I have had the same

thing happen, a suspicious sound when traffic is going by, it is really hard to tell

whether it is ambient sound. The configuration of the marsh I live on echoes and

reverberates sound, so something like a hum gets amplified. You have to listen to

cars going by to hear all the weird effects this has, but I have sought to eliminate

them from my thinking, so I have had to try to figure out what they are, and they

correlated to cars going by in my case. Which is not to say that a howl would sound

any different at a great distance, but unfortunately in the Semi-Urban setting you just

have to scratch certain sounds, and wait till you get something really clear.

JKH, I commend you on your effort to capture something, it is far more than the average

blogger is doing.  I know what time and effort it takes to leaf through audio, and for that

reason I myself do not record year round, and who knows if I am missing anything, but you

have to limit yourself to what you can manage.  I have been trying to step up my game a bit

by looking into other areas to research, and I have some really good leads at the moment,

but timing is everything in this matter, and I do not know the timing for these different spots

yet.

• masterbarber locked this topic