Collection Of Voucher Specimens

norseman

Those that believe they can and should kill one of these creatures "for science" must live in the capitol city of La La Land.

Mankind comes in many various shapes, sizes, colors, and some have modes of travel that is not like that must of us use.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2698298/Turkish-family-walks-fours-scientists-say-dont-like-four-legged-animals-ARENT-example-reverse-evolution.html

Where did you get the idea that man has always used and depended on fire and tools to survive?

It would be murder.if their DNA showed they are relic humans. (But, again, if they are relic humans it would be a violation of this country's "Scientific Integrity" regulations, per Obama's Presidential Memo of 2010 for any scientist to publish anything about the examination of the body.)

Residents of La La Land all share the same grossly erroneous beliefs that, (1) science & the federal government does not already know the DNA identity of these creature, (2) a body of one would be welcomed with opened arms by any scientist in the appropriate fields of study, (3) killing one would bring bring fame, glory and acclaim to all those who actually conspire to kill one of the creatures in a premeditated and deliberate manner and; (4) the worst that could happen to those involved would be a summons from a state game & fish enforcement officer for killing an animal for which there is no open season.

I strongly suspect that you could not find or afford an attorney who would pursue your "charges" (or claim) against the G&F agency for not telling you about the "ape man" after reading your posts on this forum.

The most voracious "pro-kill advocates" seem to be those who have never actually seen one of the creatures face-to-face, especially a young one that has not learned that some of "us" pose a serious and unjustified threat to them.

We have been over this ground a million times and all i can say is your wrong. If divergent cares to dig he can have it. Right down to me calling US fish and game.........

Yanno what? You all can stone me if you want if I kill one. But I promise each and every one of you bleeding hearts one thing! Every last one of you will want to have a look at it, touch it, understand it, and find out its kinship to us. Like a moth to a flame...... I promise you, none of you will be able to stay away.

After I've been stoned all I ask of you is to preserve the species. Should be easy with a body on a slab.....slam dunk.

Somebody said something about confiscation........ Not a big conspiracy theorist, but I would certainly take precautions absolutely.

Those that believe they can and should kill one of these creatures "for science" must live in the capitol city of La La Land.

Mankind comes in many various shapes, sizes, colors, and some have modes of travel that is not like that must of us use.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2698298/Turkish-family-walks-fours-scientists-say-dont-like-four-legged-animals-ARENT-example-reverse-evolution.html

Where did you get the idea that man has always used and depended on fire and tools to survive?

It would be murder.if their DNA showed they are relic humans. (But, again, if they are relic humans it would be a violation of this country's "Scientific Integrity" regulations, per Obama's Presidential Memo of 2010 for any scientist to publish anything about the examination of the body.)

Residents of La La Land all share the same grossly erroneous beliefs that, (1) science & the federal government does not already know the DNA identity of these creature, (2) a body of one would be welcomed with opened arms by any scientist in the appropriate fields of study, (3) killing one would bring bring fame, glory and acclaim to all those who actually conspire to kill one of the creatures in a premeditated and deliberate manner and; (4) the worst that could happen to those involved would be a summons from a state game & fish enforcement officer for killing an animal for which there is no open season.

I strongly suspect that you could not find or afford an attorney who would pursue your "charges" (or claim) against the G&F agency for not telling you about the "ape man" after reading your posts on this forum.

The most voracious "pro-kill advocates" seem to be those who have never actually seen one of the creatures face-to-face, especially a young one that has not learned that some of "us" pose a serious and unjustified threat to them.

^^^ This, especially the last sentence, sums the OP'er (and, John Green) to a tee.

Edited by Yuchi1

We have been over this ground a million times and all i can say is your wrong. If divergent cares to dig he can have it. Right down to me calling US fish and game.........

Yanno what? You all can stone me if you want if I kill one. But I promise each and every one of you bleeding hearts one thing! Every last one of you will want to have a look at it, touch it, understand it, and find out its kinship to us. Like a moth to a flame...... I promise you, none of you will be able to stay away.

After I've been stoned all I ask of you is to preserve the species. Should be easy with a body on a slab.....slam dunk.

Somebody said something about confiscation........ Not a big conspiracy theorist, but I would certainly take precautions absolutely.

Yes, you're right, ......well maybe not a million, but many.

U.S. Game and Fish? Seriously? With the best animal DNA lab in the world, situated in Oregon, in the same county as the historically preserved National BF trap, and being a part of one of the numerous federal agencies that have clearly defined and often used agreements with the U.S. military to support them in efforts to control ANY situation that poses a threat to humans or livestock from any wild animal, you still believe that agency does not know there are such animals as Sasquatch/Bigfoot? (The DOA has their own kill team; why not try them for info; they could clue you in if you managed to join their "kill club".)

It will not be the members of this forum that "stone you", it will be the civilized folks worldwide. I guarantee you, most people, including myself, will NOT "want to look at it or touch it" if you kill one. How in blazes will anyone "understand" it from looking at its corpse, or find it "kinship to us"? It would be asinine to even think of killing one if you thought it had some kinship to "us". 

I, and many others, have already "looked at them" closely. We saw human-like features, intelligent eyes expressing nothing but curiosity and interest, but of course we were not sneaking around trying to kill or injure them. Yes sir, they can be aggressive, just like us when someone invades our property. 

They danged well don't need your help in preserving their species by killing one of them! The proof of that is the time you have reportedly spent in the woods and have never seen one. They have done a pretty job of taking care of themselves.  (It would really be fun to know how many times THEY have seen YOU playing sniper.) 

That "slam dunk" is more foolishness. Yes, a body would be confiscated, that's for sure. It will most likely occur -if you are careful - after you have have made a few hundred phone calls and driven a thousand miles or so trying to find a private or university lab  that will accept the body. They won't, for good reasons, touch it. 

Call the DOI's  Forensics Lab in Ashland, I'll bet Ken Goddard could tell you the best way to find a "slab" for the booger if you bag one. 

I know I've given you a hard time about your project, so I can only offer a little serious advice to make up for it. I earnestly suggest that you forget about killing one and simply try to find a group of them and try to peacefully interact with them. That can, and has been done many time by a lot of people I've worked with in twelve states. If you ever make the connection - and you are a rational and curious person, you will discard that idea of killing one. 

Won't bug you again, I promise.

• Upvote 2

"It will not be the members of this forum that "stone you", it will be the civilized folks worldwide."

For whom no one needs to care a fig.  The voucher specimen's blood is on them, period.

I remember going on an underground tour in pendelton oregon where we were told there was a time when a chinaman could not be above ground after dark and if one was found it was legal to shoot them. Yea and nazi holocaust and Nanking bla bla bla. It's a pretty recent thing caring about other humans not within your country or race. No one is going to care enough to generate stone throwing mobs at someone who killed a bigfoot that contained some human DNA. I don't think anyone would care that much if the norseman shot a hobo thinking it was bigfoot. He'd probably be out on parole in 10 years or less.

"It will not be the members of this forum that "stone you", it will be the civilized folks worldwide."

For whom no one needs to care a fig.  The voucher specimen's blood is on them, period.

A rational, thoughtful and meaningful opinion. Most revealing.  

Sorry, but if you laugh at this topic, don't go changing your mind on me when what was needed to convince you happens.  Simple as that.  I hold people responsible for what they think.

Edited by DWA

I didn't read that they didn't make fire or spears......only that they are a separate species of us. Something that has been known for some time. Same genus ( homo) but different species.

Now compare a modern thal full body reconstruction to Patty......it's not even on the same planet. A Thal looks similar to some modern humans.

Compare Meldrum's mid tarsal break which is a ape like quality to a Thal foot.

http://www.sciencephoto.com/media/170954/enlarge

The Thal foot has an arch the same as ours. Your proving my point for me.

As close as Thals were to us? They are a different species. Can you point to a modern human anywhere on the planet that resembles Patty? No.

For me at this point? I would bet my bottom dollar that Sasquatch does not belong to the Genus Homo. If we look at the Homo Erectus hand axe? What? At least 2 million years old? And the fact that we have no evidence of Sasquatch stone tool manufacture?

I think something more along the lines of Giganto or other ape species is much much more likely.

And yes, Europeans and Asians are 2-4% hybrids between Thals and humans. I've also read before that sexual compatibility between the two species was strained and that if the two species had waited much longer cross breeding would have been unsuccessful.

Just trying to show you the complications involved with an extant hominin ( subspecies of homo). You can't seperate the human parts from the nonhuman parts very easily and call it one or the other (human or nonhuman). If you throw in proto- language, crude tool usage, modern human mtDNA and a face like my avitar you will have a problem, not in terms of proof, but in terms of what is acceptable to the masses as reality.

We have two categories for living mammals animal and human. It makes it easy to establish what set of rights living things have. It won't be at all easy for Sasquatch.

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

The idea that society will come down hard on the person who kills a bigfoot is a bit Alice In Wonderland.  Just look at what human beings accept from their fellow human beings actions and it's clear the bar is set pretty low.  It will hardly make headlines.

I say bag it, tag it, and get it identified.

Check the state regs to see if it is legal to hunt them.  Stay out of California, and Washington as the rules against shooting them.

Go to Texas or Mississippi as it seems it is legal there.

• Upvote 1

The idea that society will come down hard on the person who kills a bigfoot is a bit Alice In Wonderland.  Just look at what human beings accept from their fellow human beings actions and it's clear the bar is set pretty low.  It will hardly make headlines.

It may not be that people would be so hard on the shooter, but everyone would want their say about what it is. Getting over a dead human or animal isn't that hard if it's not your family, but if it threatens entire belief systems, or clearly contradicts science or religion, I can see the outrage. 

I think you understand what I mean.

Sorry, but if you laugh at this topic, don't go changing your mind on me when what was needed to convince you happens.  Simple as that.  I hold people responsible for what they think.

There is nothing funny about your constant and never-ending "kill club" rants, and no one who is at all familiar with these creatures sees any humor in them. Those of us who know full well that they exist need no convincing. You may "hold people responsible for what they think", but you have absolutely no regard for what they know. As for YOU holding anyone responsibility for anything, I suggest that a part of one of your previous replies is pertinent; "For whom no one needs to care a fig.".

After reading hundreds of the unending posts you have made (the majority containing direct references to your delusional and grandiose scheme to kill a BF and place it on a slab for science), I and others are convinced that Sasquatch/Bigfoot has absolutely nothing to worry about from you. Anyone that believes they have more "woods smart" than those creatures is wasting their time.  

In the very unlikely event that one of the mature males decides to show himself to you; don't try the shot. Your project is not worth the loss of a vital body part. The critters get awful dang shaky when viewed through a rifle scope for some reason. Makes for bad shot placement. Some of the other pro-kill folks can attest to that.

Edited by Branco
  • Upvote 1

Hey, start reading my posts any time you want to, um, start.  Where did that intestinal blockage come from?

There is nothing BUT funny about all the people who think their "familiarity" with these critters makes them taxonomists.  When they're confirmed I might start paying more attention to what people "know."

Guest Divergent1

It made headlines when the national news service broadcast that a bigfoot was caught in Georgia, but we all know how that  turned out.

Edited by Divergent1

Just trying to show you the complications involved with an extant hominin ( subspecies of homo). You can't seperate the human parts from the nonhuman parts very easily and call it one or the other (human or nonhuman). If you throw in proto- language, crude tool usage, modern human mtDNA and a face like my avitar you will have a problem, not in terms of proof, but in terms of what is acceptable to the masses as reality.

We have two categories for living mammals animal and human. It makes it easy to establish what set of rights living things have. It won't be at all easy for Sasquatch.

Not saying it will be, but you cannot put the cart in front of the horse!