Finding Bigfoot Has Been On The Air For 5 Years. It Should Be Called Not Finding Bigfoot.

Guest Taylor

BFF Patron

DWA,  "You won't find a skunk in three days" is pretty profound and applicable.    The only way to find a skunk in three days is to have already located its den and know where to look for it.    Come to think of it, it has been along time since I saw a skunk out doing field work.    I would have no idea where to start looking. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Given how dam visible skunks are, and how little need they have to be concerned about most of what's out there, I am more than a little surprised at how very few I have seen.  And there's a point to be made there about one of the biggest skeptic errors, from which really most of the others flow:  one's personal experience really means nothing, particularly when it is set against that of thousands of others.

Guest insanity42

I have seen a skunk in the wild I believe once, and what I did note was how **** loud it was for its size. I am more used to critters being at least a bit stealthy, but it did not seem concerned. If I had its defense mechanism, I probably would not be too concerned either.

I do agree that a small film crew spending several hours a day for maybe a week is unlikely to find much, and would probably be easy to avoid.

I have seen a skunk in the wild I believe once, and what I did note was how **** loud it was for its size. I am more used to critters being at least a bit stealthy, but it did not seem concerned. If I had its defense mechanism, I probably would not be too concerned either.

Skunks don't care they are like Texas. You don't mess with Texas.

Guest insanity42

Yep. I had stayed up a bit to watch the fire, my wife was asleep in the tent. The door was partially unzipped and opened. I could hear the skunk moving about, and tell it was behind the tent and which way it was moving. I did not know at the time it was a skunk. Then it got quiet, so I turned around and seen what I immediately recognized as a skunk maybe within 2-3 feet from the tent's door and my wife's head. I knew I should not startle it, so I just stood up slowly, and it turned and waddled away.

The camping trip could have ended in a bad way that evening, and the trip home would not have been that great either.

Edited by insanity42

Having met the cast and crew at a local "Townhall" last week, and talking with them for hours afterward over dinner/drinks, I think your pretty accurate here. I can't get specific, since I signed an NDA with a $1,000,000 fine clause :-o, but it was a very interesting experience.

Do you get to tell us more after that episode airs, or is all the unaired stuff NDA? 

NDA says we're free to talk after the LAST episode airs, whenever that might be! That includes info about the cast. Sucks; I wanna blab. ;-)

BFF Patron

That's funny.    If you talk to Cliff he will tell you where they have been recently but no details about when it might be aired.     That is how I found out they are planning to end the series in Sept.  

I'd be surprised if they really ended the show as long as it's getting good ratings, unless the cast has just decided it's time to pack it in.    Whatever you think of them (and I think they are generally a good group of folks who are sincere about what they are doing), I doubt you could really replace them, or even some of them.

But if it is ending, I'm glad they are ending it on their terms, not limping off into the sunset, far past the time they should have, like most TV shows.

Well, Ted, maybe they're getting the feeling that they're spoon-feeding that mutilated octopus a bit too much when what they should be doing is unclipping the tentacles.  ;-)

I would like to see a "finding bigfoot" show done in the still of Alone in the wild. That would be interesting. No massive camera crew just a group filming their time in the woods, alone. It would be interesting.

BFF Patron

5 Years is a long time for any series. Even if they cease production, reruns will be on for as long as anyone watches them. Might even be a hoot to watch after existence is proven. People can watch and be amazed at how wrong people were back in the old days.

...and contrary to what appears to be a major line of thinking here:  by then, half the shows on Animal Planet will be about bigfoot.

[remember:  most of the ones on *now* are about dogs cats horses cows etc.]

"finding" bigfoot will be barely the start.

I think the night time excursions got old quickly, particularly when it became quite clear they were not going to find anything (in fact, they never really came close from what I saw).

I still think a show centered solely on witnesses and their experiences since the sightings would be very appealing.  No expectation of big reveals, just an in depth look at what seeing something that seems impossible (and invites scorn and ridicule), and how that affects someone.