The Critics And Reviewing

Guest tracker

Guest young sasqua

the real question is why we assume critics are correct or on higher ground ? why do we act like were trying to convince a smarter person that we know what we are saying ? critics are tools, they serve us. movies and food are the perfect examples. so some guy reads a book or sees the pg film and says its not possibly real and im supposed to waiver? nope, but i will listen with an open mind which puts me on the higher ground.

I did listen to an old blog show and the host didnt know who john green was, that was telling. as far as books go, anything prior to 80s is probably less influenced by other researchers, but the modern ones have more at their disposal.

Holy Batman!

That PGF is a contentious beast is it not?

Anyhow back on topic.

I own three books in my life on the subject:

Roger's:

http://www.amazon.com/Abominable-Snowmen-America-Really-Exist/dp/0969713673

John's:

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Sasquatch-John-Green/dp/B0006C69DE

And Meldrum's legend meets science book.

I like Roger's as a kid because it really has most of the stories that I become familiar with surrounding this subject. Ostman, Beck, Teddy Roosevelt's Bauman........all of the old stories. I see it's getting up there in price as well, somebody should put it back into print.

I like Roger's as a kid because it really has most of the stories that I become familiar with surrounding this subject. Ostman, Beck, Teddy Roosevelt's Bauman........all of the old stories. I see it's getting up there in price as well, somebody should put it back into print.

It's reprinted in Chris Murphy's The Bigfoot Film Controversy.

As a Stetson wearing, horse owning, manure & spur scars on my ropers kind of guy who lives in a state with more than it's share of cowboys & ranchers, I'm going with the cowboy over any PhD I've met to date, period...

Gimlin has my respect, I only wish he had used his 06' on that fateful day. If he did, all the skeptics would have to go be skeptical about something else...

Excuse me while I go out to the barn & make sure the horses are OK (big thunder boomers rolling through right now) before I head into town for work...

Guest tracker

the real question is why we assume critics are correct or on higher ground ? why do we act like were trying to convince a smarter person that we know what we are saying ? critics are tools, they serve us. movies and food are the perfect examples. so some guy reads a book or sees the pg film and says its not possibly real and im supposed to waiver? nope, but i will listen with an open mind which puts me on the higher ground.

I did listen to an old blog show and the host didnt know who john green was, that was telling. as far as books go, anything prior to 80s is probably less influenced by other researchers, but the modern ones have more at their disposal.

I agree but i'll add a bit. The newer books are great for science of the field, much needed. The pioneers and their books had the difficult task of introducing the topic into main stream of society. Sure if you lived on the west coast it was easy to make the jump over the fence with all the local stories and legends. On the other side of the continent most were thinking. What a large ape unknown to man and science wandering the NWP. Oh come on we would know about them in this modern age of the 60's, 70's and now. We've been to space for pete's sake. That must be a guy in a suit because we would know if something that large was wandering around in the woods. Every single story and print is just a hoax. The FN people of NA must be sitting in their homes just smiling at everything we think we know. In fact they are still smilling IMO. :)

Crittics have their place as long as they don't start thinking they are above the crowds. Only the pioneers deserve that level of esteem "Anyone can be a critic or follow after the road is paved" me :)

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Edited by tracker

As a Stetson wearing, horse owning, manure & spur scars on my ropers kind of guy who lives in a state with more than it's share of cowboys & ranchers, I'm going with the cowboy over any PhD I've met to date, period...

Duly noted, but there are some PhDs I'd sure like you to meet.