Why The Criticism Of Todd Standing, But Others Get A Pass?

I'm not sure one can trust anything until one has read as many reports as one can.  Remember:  each report is a person's experience, and on that level at least, equal to yours.  Something bigfoot skeptics seem to have a really hard time understanding.

Great point DWA......the reports are the true gold IMO, and offer the best glimpses of BF behavior. In Texas, the best chance to see a Bigfoot is while driving a car, and IMO, the majority of these road encounters are BF games......they appear to have a sense of humor ya know.......otherwise, why have such close calls with cars & trucks? The masters of the woods can't judge a closing car on the road? Also, and I had this happen on a dark Louisiana highway......driving along I noticed several Deer grazing in the grassy area next to the road, and something that I couldn't identify other than a large mass, appeared at the wood line at the perfect moment, scaring the small herd across the road and in front of my car. Thank goodness I missed them, but it was a deliberate act by something, and to me it was a BF learning to use our technology in his favor......let my car do the killing. 

Edited by Bigtex

There are a limited number of large masses that emerge from the woods and drive deer across roadways.  At night.  "Frenchy LeRoux" is not, I am thinking, one of them.

I pulled an all-nighter in the Big Thicket on the roads one night, including the Ghost Road about midnight:  http://www.bigthicketdirectory.com/ghostroad.html

(Call-blasted myself hoarse there.  I am talking *weeks.*)

But that's why; read the reports, and the road-crosses in east TX outnumber, by far, any other way to see one.  The luck required is huge; but I didn't care.  Man, just being out there at night.

I think animals in general can make judgment mistakes around speeding cars...as the toll taken on our very own species attests.

And you have that right on behavior (and morphology):  the catalog of such for primates, consistently reported.

BFF Patron

Great point DWA......the reports are the true gold IMO, and offer the best glimpses of BF behavior. In Texas, the best chance to see a Bigfoot is while driving a car, and IMO, the majority of these road encounters are BF games......they appear to have a sense of humor ya know.......otherwise, why have such close calls with cars & trucks? The masters of the woods can't judge a closing car on the road? Also, and I had this happen on a dark Louisiana highway......driving along I noticed several Deer grazing in the grassy area next to the road, and something that I couldn't identify other than a large mass, appeared at the wood line at the perfect moment, scaring the small herd across the road and in front of my car. Thank goodness I missed them, but it was a deliberate act by something, and to me it was a BF learning to use our technology in his favor......let my car do the killing. 

Your report reminded me of one in Washington State where someone ran into an elk.   Pretty much trashed the car and it had to be towed off.      Before it was either the tow truck driver or the car owner saw a BF come down, put the elk over a shoulder and walk away with it.

I nearly ran into two deer that burst out of the woods and  ran across a county road in front of me.    I had to stop to avoid hitting them.    Rather than look at me after they crossed they looked back into the woods from where they had come from.    Either I separated them from another deer or something was chasing them.   Of course that could have been a cougar too. 

Are you suggesting that seminole is JayJeti?

Oh geeez, I think Rock must be right.  I wasn't paying close enough attention to the poster and just assumed it was Jayjeti back.  It almost reads identical to the conversation that was going on with Jay.

I think Jay's been here the whole time.  He doesn't seem to be a Standing apologist any more as far as I can tell.  Not sure about seminole, though... I thought Todd had given up, but seminole sounds like he's working a new angle.  Maybe Todd is planning a (shudder) comeback?

BFF Patron

I have always maintained Standing should just come clean on what he has done and make portrayal videos.    He contends his purpose is to get protections for BF.  (Actually he just likes the public attention).    I think it quite likely he has actually had BF contact.  But the fabricated stuff just puts doubt on everything.     If he came clean and did not try to pass off his fabricated stuff as real, he might be able to at least achieve the same entertainment level as Finding Bigfoot.    Most of what people like about "Finding Bigfoot" is the witness interviews and recreations and what people don't like is the night investigations.    No reason Standing or anyone else could not capitalize on that, interview witnesses, and make recreations of sighting reports.    That would probably serve his purposes.     But to do that he has to come clean on his fabrications to have any credibility.  

BFF Patron

^ Do you really think that someone who has their sister make them up into a Bigfoot and photographs Claymation studio BF's designed with naturalistic twiggy backgrounds with studio snow or shaving cream has some portion of their brain that has any redeeming value to humanity or even humanitarians at this point?  I think he should retire to the French Foreign Legion while he has a headstart.     

BFF Patron

The answer to your question is just look at the entertainers in Hollywood.    Standing would fit right in if he accepted the role of entertainer and stopped pretending to be a researcher.

BFF Patron

So in answer to the OP,  the reason poor Todd gains notoriety and we have a long memory and others may not get quite the same treatment is that Todd took money from people for staged videos represented as BF and the others have at least one oar in the water.  His torch act video could definitely get him a B role in a BF slash film I will admit. He tripped into this doing Blair Witch type productions as I remember  as a videographer/producer after all (see BF Hall of Shame, Standing, squatchdetective.com).

It just seems he is getting more criticism because persons unbelieving keep opening up new threads to extract that which has been written about in no less than 12 threads in the last seven or so years (granted some of those may be in the premium section under 1.0 BF Discussion now). 

Edited by bipedalist

Is the newer footage available anywhere?  I heard he had a new scary face and footage of him being "accosted" by several BF (is this the torch act you mention?).  I'd be into watching for fun.  Was it ever released?

Yeah- even with all the supposed debunking posts that show Todd hoaxed (so the bigfoot didn't blink? that's all you have??), I still believe there's no way to know either way what's real & what's hoaxed. The "squatchy no blinky" thing doesn't disprove, or prove that it's real- it just proved that the eye lids didn't move.. I'm still neutral on the Standing is a hoaxer issue until more solid evidence come forward.. Nothing has been proved, or disproved IMO...

^You've got it backwards. Todd DID blink in his video, which at least showed a living animal courtesy of his make-up artist sister. And if you think muppetfoot isn't solid evidence of a hoax, then you've got it bad, IMO.

winky_zpsee575201.gif

Edited by Gigantofootecus

BFF Patron

Yeah- even with all the supposed debunking posts that show Todd hoaxed (so the bigfoot didn't blink? that's all you have??), I still believe there's no way to know either way what's real & what's hoaxed. The "squatchy no blinky" thing doesn't disprove, or prove that it's real- it just proved that the eye lids didn't move.. I'm still neutral on the Standing is a hoaxer issue until more solid evidence come forward.. Nothing has been proved, or disproved IMO...

I sort of agree with you about the blink thing anyway.     BF is so good at not being seen in plain sight, perhaps it has learned that blinking is movement and that is a dead giveaway to humans.    Perhaps they train to avoid blinking when they are concerned about being seen by a human?    Without motion of any kind, most of the time our brains would assume what we are seeing is just a stump.   It would take a photographic expert to examine Standings stuff or someone observing him doing it to hope to prove that it has been fabricated.   Much of it certainly does not look authentic to me.    The red flare thing was pure B grade Hollywood.    We are supposed to believe that the flares were the only thing keeping the BF from attacking Standing.   But he ran out of flares and still is around.   How is that possible? 

• Upvote 1

There is plenty of "way" to tell whether something was hoaxed or not.  (Experts *have* reviewed Standing's stuff and made a convincing case.)  Does evidence show it was done by people?  It is really that simple.  We may not know much, in the cosmic sense.  But we know a ton about a ton of stuff; and one of those things is fakery.  The active sasquatch evidence shows no signs that people had anything to do with it, in fact every indication that people cannot legitimately be asserted to be the source.

Period.