Area X Presentation/ Bob Strain

norseman

Thanks for the link!  The rainfall data that Bob Strain discusses beginning at ~17:00 has always seemed very compelling to me.  The NAWAC has an interesting article on that topic on their website here.  It is interesting to see how sighting reports seem to cluster near areas of heavy rainfall.

I just watched this. Well worth it. Compelling, compelling evidence in my view, as to the existance of "wood apes."

The p-skeptics don't ever seem to discuss this research group.

Mike

Thanks for the link Norse. Bob is a great story teller. I'm familiar with the account of the "logs", followed by the critters high tailing it up the mountain side, but listening to his first hand account gave me the feeling of being there, and describing their actions when busted as Keystone Cops with one bumping into the other, priceless!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for sharing. I did find it interesting and yet very predictable. Lots of effort, lots of cameras, and of course no proof.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Bob Gimlin . Of course the likelihood of proving  a mythical beast is quite an undertaking. I applaud their efforts and having educated professionals in their inner circle. I must also give them credit for not faking photos . The rocks and the sightings of are little value in their quest for proof.

Sightings are of little value in their quest for proof? Couldnt disagree more.

If you cannot see it? You cannot shoot it...

• Upvote 1

The sightings alone do not constitute proof. Not even close .Nothing but stories and campfire chat.  Now shooting to collect a specimen. That is real proof. That I agree with you . If they somehow remotely exist ,I am in the pro-kill camp like you.

Good luck.

Thank you for sharing. I did find it interesting and yet very predictable. Lots of effort, lots of cameras, and of course no proof.

I was pleasantly surprised to hear Bob Gimlin . Of course the likelihood of proving  a mythical beast is quite an undertaking. I applaud their efforts and having educated professionals in their inner circle. I must also give them credit for not faking photos . The rocks and the sightings of are little value in their quest for proof.

If a tree falls in a forest and is seen by a few thousand folks, none of them with a gun, did it actually fall?

• Upvote 2

Lol. Yes. Trees are proven to exist. There are many specimens live and dead. Mythical creatures fall quite short.

Their number is a resounding  zero so far. We can hope though and keep the dream alive.

The sightings alone do not constitute proof. Not even close .Nothing but stories and campfire chat.  Now shooting to collect a specimen. That is real proof. That I agree with you . If they somehow remotely exist ,I am in the pro-kill camp like you.

Good luck.

Sightings and tracks are how I hunt. Thats what a hunter scouts for when selecting an area to hunt.

So I have to ask you this....... if sightings are nothing but campfire bs? Then were does a pro kill proponent start? If there is a cryptid out there to shoot? At some point you have to start taking someone seriously......

• Upvote 4

Has the thermal image from the shot thru the garbage bags been posted anywhere?

Are there any thermal images available from area x anywhere?

If a tree falls in a forest and is seen by a few thousand folks, none of them with a gun, did it actually fall?

Brilliant!!!!  :)

You mean a chainsaw? ;)

If trees were unproven to exist then it may have happened but who would believe you?