• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
OntarioSquatch

Reports Of Government Coverups

32 posts in this topic

Unknown date, modern era: Route 95, Maryland. A woman saw a hairy humanoid figure lying in the road dead as she drove around emergency vehicles. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Date unknown, modern era: Northwest California. Three scientific aides and a wildlife biologist from California Department of Fish and Game, District 1, Eureka, California, found the bones of two adults and one juvenile Bigfoot. The FBI was notified and came to take the bones. A judge then issued a gag order on the case, and nothing more was heard. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Unknown date, modern era, The Dalles, Oregon. Near the Colombia River, the US Forest Service was doing some clearing of BLM land, and they found a live juvenile Bigfoot sleeping in a BLM shelter. They roped it and took it in a vehicle to The Dalles. No further data. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

Unknown date, modern era: Alabama. The same man involved in the Casper, Wyoming case above shot another Bigfoot later on. This time the government found out about it and was angry that he killed the Bigfoot. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

1968: North of Casper, Wyoming. Three men were hired by a rancher to kill a Bigfoot that was killing his cows and sheep by tearing off their legs. Afterward, the body was picked up by a government helicopter and taken to a research facility in Almogordo, New Mexico to be autopsied and studied. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

June 1976: Baltimore, Maryland. As unlikely as it sounds, a Bigfoot was reported here in May 1976. Police were called, and K-9’s initially refused to track it. Finally, the dogs tracked it to an interstate tunnel. A police officer then saw it run under the interstate. The next month, US army personnel were called out to deal with the Bigfoot. Reports indicate that soldiers captured or killed the Bigfoot. No further information. Government coverup. Reported by Rick Berry, Bigfoot on the East Coast.

Unknown date, probably after 1980: Cowlitz or Yale, Washington. Near Mt. St. Helens, a Bigfoot was killed by a vehicle on a highway. A US Forest Service helicopter came and took the body away. Nothing further was heard. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

July 1980: Mt. St. Helens, Washington. Up to 20 dead Bigfoots were dredged out of a river after the volcano eruption. They were taken by helicopter to a place where all the dead animals from the eruption were being buried in a landfill. The Bigfoots were guarded by National Guard troops. Asked what was to be done with them, the troops said that authorities were probably going to study them. A truck came to take the Bigfoot bodies away. Five different witnesses, one named Fred Bradshaw, reported that Bigfoots were discovered by searchers and hauled away by arms of the government, including the Army Corps of Engineers and the National Guard. Witnesses were warned to keep quiet. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

1980: Yakima Indian Reservation, Washington. Several Yakima Indians noted that a Bigfoot had been badly burned in the Mt. St. Helens eruption but had managed to survive. It was hanging out on the eastern end of their reservation afterward. They reported that a government helicopter came, bundled up the wounded Bigfoot and took it away. Government coverup. Reported on the Phantoms and Monsters website.

1982: Klamath, Oregon. On the Winema National Forest southeast of Crater Lake National Park, a Bigfoot was killed by a car. US Forest Service and local police sealed off the area, and the Bigfoot was hauled off in a truck. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

1984-1985: Martin County, Indiana. Dogs cornered a female Bigfoot as she was giving birth. She ran away, abandoning her fetus. The dead fetus was taken to the game warden, but all evidence disappeared after that. Government coverup. Reported by the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Organization website.

1991: Chelan, Washington. On the east slope of the Cascades, US Forest Service officials photographed a dead Bigfoot that was found by a prospector. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

August 1998: Battle Mountain, Nevada. Firefighters fighting a fire encountered a badly burned Bigfoot. A physician and a veterinarian were called in to treat it. It was whisked away in an unmarked van, and all of the BLM firefighters were forced to sign statements saying that they would say nothing of the incident, on penalty of losing their G-X status, jobs and pensions. The Bigfoot was taken to a university in the Bay Area, where it was treated for a few days, then returned to an area about 150 miles from where it was captured. Government coverup. Reported by Thom Powell, The Locals.

July 2000: 13 miles east of Hood River, Oregon. Along the Colombia River, a dead Bigfoot was spotted on the highway on Interstate 84 off the highway in the westbound lane, apparently killed by a vehicle. The Bigfoot was grey and was stretched out in a fetal position with an arm outstretched. There were several witnesses. No further data on the case. There were no newspaper reports. Government coverup. Reported in the Bigfoot Track Record.

2001: Horse Cave, Hart County, Kentucky. A motorist hits and kills a Sasquatch on Hwy 218 late one evening. Many witnesses gathered around and had to be ushered off. A few witnesses snuck into the woods and watched EMT workers bury the body next to the road and scrubbed the pavement to remove an abundant amount of blood. The body mysteriously vanished the following morning. Thom Powell asked the witness to go back, but the body had been dug up and the area heavily disturbed. The area has had numerous sightings over the years thus earning the nickname “Bigfoot Hill.†Government coverup. Reported in The Locals by Thom Powell, p. 232.

2001: Hood River area, Oregon. Another Bigfoot was reportedly killed on Interstate 84. When investigators went to investigate, they found only tracks and no body. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

2003: Duvall, Washington. Northeast of Seattle, a man’s dogs led him to a dead Bigfoot on his property. It had no apparent injuries. He thought maybe the dogs had scared the Bigfoot to death. The Bigfoot was 7-8 feet tall and weighed 350-400 pounds. He called Duvall police, but they never showed up. Instead, in about an hour, a black helicopter landed, and men dressed in all black came out. Ordering the man to stay in his house, they put the Bigfoot on a tarp and put it on the helicopter. Government coverup. Reported on the Oregon Bigfoot website.

November 12, 2003: Lafollette, Tennessee. A creature had been killing peoples’ animals. A woman’s goat and cat at the very least had been killed. She called the sheriff’s, and they came out with a team of deputies and told everyone to get their pets indoors as they were going to eliminate these animals. They tracked the Bigfoot and shot it dead over the next hill. There were sirens wailing, and the Bigfoot screamed as it was shot. The woman left the scene. People saw a black body lying in a field the next morning. Ten minutes later, it had vanished. Planes flew around the area night and day for two weeks.

Locals reported that there had been a hostile Bigfoot in the area, and they were trying to appease it by leaving food out for it so it would not kill their animals. Government coverup. Reported by Mary Green.

August 2006: Slim Buttes, Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota. A Bigfoot that had been named Chiye-tanka was shot and killed on the reservation. It was later given to the School of Mines to study. They sent it back, and it was given a ceremonial burial by Lakota elders. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe.

2011 July 11, Newaygo County, Michigan

Three people sitting around a table enjoying conversation suddenly erupts into screams and confusion as a 9-10 foot tall black Bigfoot creature walking on two legs steps out of woods into their yard. It crosses their heading back into the woods on the other side upsetting all. Within minutes of a Bigfoot sighting by three adults at their home out of nowhere, an unmarked dark green helicopter with no markings is hovering over their garage as though looking for the creature.   Michigan Bigfoot Information Center

Hello All,

"August 2006: Slim Buttes, Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota. A Bigfoot that had been named Chiye-tanka was shot and killed on the reservation. It was later given to the School of Mines to study. They sent it back, and it was given a ceremonial burial by Lakota elders. Government coverup. Reported by Ray Crowe."

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/bigfoot-rumor-is-dismissed/article_f02740d9-0b49-5775-99da-e197abd4da2c.html

Just thought you should know that the man who made the statement at the end of the article linked above, Mr. Mesteth (Wilmer Stampede Mesteth), passed away this year at the age of, or near the age of, 58:

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/pihramediakit-140902192203-phpapp02/95/pihra-media-kit-2015-5-638.jpg?cb=1430743814

Edited by hiflier

You are correct in your assumption of  government cover ups.  My late uncle  was involved in several.   He worked for the CIA.  He would never tell  us what exactly  he did.  We knew he was involved with  USAF intelligence  until he retired. Then he worked for  the CIA. He told my father on his death bed of many cover ups.

I asked my father if  Sasquatch  was one of  them one. He alluded to UFO'S and my father would  never confirm Sasquatch.  I  asked him again on his death bed.  He only told me the truth is out there.

Hello Patterson-Gimlin,

It seems like conspiracy ideas have been around forever. The Greeks even thought that the gods conspired against them. Looking at the Earth from space one doesn't see any lines or borders. Because the borders function only as economic delineations only for the most part. Government policies of neither confirming nor denying create psychological lock among their populations who suspect dishonesty and the hiding of truths. UFO's and Bigfoot fall right into this where folks don't believe or trust what the government tells them in light of the reports they read. In neither though is there but rumor and scant little physical evidence which itself is questioned.

Not hard to understand the principles and reasons behind conspiracy thinking. It's much harder to prove conspiracies as being true though until solid physical proof is somehow obtained. Even though I lean toward an extant Hairy Friend (or Foe) I simply need the hard irrefutable evidence just like most everyone else. It's the only thing as far as BF IMO that will rule it in or rule it out. The anecdotal evidence being ...well...anecdotal is enough for me to not rule it out although ruling it in isn't a given either.

Dang that government! ;)

I've always thought this myself--but why would the gov cover it up?

Hello AaronD,

Honestly the only reason that makes any sense at all to me is money. I know the advertisers that support the TV shows wouldn't do it if it was a losing proposition. Prolonging a mystery has it's perks.

Forestry industry, religion are a few reasons that come to mind. I am not saying I believe that is the case.

Hello Patterson-Gimlin,

On point. Also the fracking industry might have a stake to protect and no one has money like oil money. In looking at the list in the OP it would be interesting to take each case and investigate it like I brushed on in the last one on the list to see how much or how little water any of them hold or if the stories have been floating around so long that they are now considered true- even if they are not.

Edited by hiflier

I've always thought this myself--but why would the gov cover it up?

Multiple impacts on several levels of our society. History / origins of human race would have to be completely redone/rethought. Impacts on any industry that had to do with ecological areas, forestry, logging, building of new dams etc ( which I believe we should look at more closely regardless of any hominid existing, for our future sustainability). Possible impacts on nature areas that get revenue from visitors if the fear of monsters is the way people want to look at Sasquatch, i.e state parks, National parks. One of the biggest ones if it were found out the government covered it up is people would be wanting to know what else they have been covering up especially since the mid 1940's, which is were several things I have studied seem to have gone cold whereas they were talked about more often before then.

What the frequency was?   Very interesting and possibly very apt question to ask.

Many of the reports above are older. Hopefully, the latest smart phones will come in handy in documenting future events like stated above. It would be better if a witness had a baggie and a pocket knife to take a sample from a corpse. Love this thread!!

Cellphones with cameras started gaining popularity only a decade ago and the image quality and speed of access wasn't good until just recently. Right now it looks like it might be at least a few more years before almost everyone owns touchscreen devices with really high quality cameras.