"bigfoot Captured" On History Channel

david75090

Unless they advertised that they would be there filming at that time it would be an odd coincidence that hoaxers showed up to the lake at the same time.

I think we are talking about the cabin getting trashed. the year before?
That was a unrelated incident which Mr Meldrum and crew, "Skookum casted" into something Bigfoot. I think we are talking about the rocks thrown at the cabin.

Yes I meant the rock throwing when they were there. I do see that in a small community a tv crew showing up could cause a commotion but if they flew in via a plane who would have seen them other than the pilot? Or am I confused and the rocks were thrown at a different cabin than the one they flew into?

It's been all downhill for Meldrum since Legend Meets Science.

I think he brings solid science and research to the field in general, and don't really blame him for being on a show where he doesn't know and can't control the other content.

With regards to Meldrum  I've seen a clever hedging but never a solid "and you can take it to the bank" certainty.  At the end of the day nobody can really pin him down as a no holds barred believer.  Money talks and money seems to be saying a lot these days.

I think what makes it solid is that he puts out a lot of ideas and thoughts, but has not drawn an absolute conclusion.

This is RMSO's take on Bigfoot Captured. They talk about the filming at about 16:30 and their thoughts on the how the show was done at about 22:00.

Was it just me or was anyone else waiting for the main hunter guy to yell "Joan! Get me a Snapple!"? I swear the guy looked and sounded like TB.

It's been all downhill for Meldrum since Legend Meets Science.

I think he brings solid science and research to the field in general, and don't really blame him for being on a show where he doesn't know and can't control the other content.

With regards to Meldrum  I've seen a clever hedging but never a solid "and you can take it to the bank" certainty.  At the end of the day nobody can really pin him down as a no holds barred believer.  Money talks and money seems to be saying a lot these days.

I think what makes it solid is that he puts out a lot of ideas and thoughts, but has not drawn an absolute conclusion.

Meldrum is in a unique position. He has yet to cross the academic Rubicon, so to speak. He has not attempted to publish any paper in a mainstream scientific journal that attempts to confirm the existence of bigfoot. Let that fact sink in. He seems content to appear on panels next to Todd Standing. He seems content to limit his bigfoot publications to items outside of peer review. All the while, having published exactly zero scientific articles attempting to confirm the existence of bigfoot, he garners unending adulation from bigfoot proponents. Adulation that he turns into sales of questionable track casts at comic conventions. Adulation that translates to sales of his little bigfoot field guide that can be found in the paranormal section of Indigo or Chapters. 

For some reason, his supporters seem indifferent to the fact that he has not even attempted to drag bigfoot into the proper scientific arena. Meldrum remains on the outskirts. Accepting fees for attending conventions and appearing on highly questionable tv shows and panels. No matter to him, he has scientific immunity it seems, insofar as this community is concerned. His latest lark is a 7,000 dollar per attendee venture to South Africa. Hey, but you get a copy of LMS with that 7k, so what a bargain! I guess $25 a head at Honobia is just not cutting it for Dr. Meldrum. Time to up the ante. 

Where are the Nature articles? Where are the DNA analysis results of samples sent in from his faithful? I mean, even Dr.Sykes, a relative new comer offered to analyze samples. What has Meldrum done, exactly, to earn such adulation? He's even been wrong at times. Skinwalker? Meh, we all make mistakes. Sykes erred, it seems, on his bear hypothesis. But at least it was based on testable evidence.

Meldrum called for samples to be submitted to him months ago for DNA sequencing. This should be common knowledge to anyone in this community. I am going to go out on a ledge and predict that nothing will come of this. My opinion, he is just trying to mimic what Sykes did, because what Sykes did was real science. I am not even sure that Meldrum will even bother to have the samples tested. But if he does, my prediction? More bears, dogs and horses. 

Edited by dmaker

I know little of TB but yeah, given my little knowledge it seems that was the characterization they were going for. Doubt that was by accident unless there was some subliminal stereotyping going on.

Guest Crowlogic

Unless they advertised that they would be there filming at that time it would be an odd coincidence that hoaxers showed up to the lake at the same time.

That's a good point. Plus, would a hoaxer be dumb enough to step on the board of nails?

Most likely not but a bear would.

Well dmaker, it's only smart on his part to reap the benefits of having his phd to fall back in regards to credibility with proponents and his pro Bigfoot stance yet never having to "officially" state anything on the subject via scientific papers. For some jr scientist a simple pamphlet is scientific verification when added to the 1000000 BFRO reports. Read read read !!!

Those of us who, sadly, have yet to earn our JSPS wonder why the esteemed Dr.Meldrum leaves us floundering. Why has he not dragged bigfoot into the mainstream scientific arena? Why would he not strive to make bigfoot a mainstream concern? Why has he failed so obviously at this task? Why has he failed to even attempt this task? This is what we wonder. Now, once we earn our SPS maybe it will all become clear and we will come to understand that you don't just drag a subject like bigfoot into the mainstream. No. It must be coaxed by subtle publications and by unending fees for appearances and by hosting conferences in South Africa, thousands of miles away from where our beloved subject is purported to exist. Us mere mortals and non phds cannot possibly understand how the path to scientific acceptance of bigfoot does not lie in traditional scientific channels, but in money making venues like publications, conferences and tv shows. 

Simply put, we are not ready for this level of revaluations regarding the BF phenom! We need to be eased into it via means of shows such as Bigfoot captured and the omnipotent Matt Moneymaker and his circu....show Finding Bigfoot.