"bigfoot Captured" On History Channel

david75090

Does it make a bad impression on Dr Meldrum ?

Lol ironic question isn't it...

I don't think it makes any difference. He is on anything and everything sasquatch/bigfoot related.

Has he been on finding Bigfoot? Honestly that's one I just can't get thru.

He was on survivorman(les gave him a fake cast) and one of Joe Rogan TV episode

He prominently featured of couse in the standing docs too.

He's Dr Squatch.....

Could pick much worse hobbies.part time work.

Does it make a bad impression on Dr Meldrum ?

Lol ironic question isn't it...

I don't think it makes any difference. He is on anything and everything sasquatch/bigfoot related.

Has he been on finding Bigfoot? Honestly that's one I just can't get thru.

He was on survivorman(les gave him a fake cast) and one of Joe Rogan TV episode

He prominently featured of couse in the standing docs too.

He's Dr Squatch.....

Could pick much worse hobbies.part time work.

Yes, he has been on Finding Bigfoot. He was in an episode where a long series of tracks in snow had been found. If memory serves, I think they discussed why numerous prints of the right foot were turned somewhat outward.

Guest Crowlogic

It's been all downhill for Meldrum since Legend Meets Science.

I think he brings solid science and research to the field in general, and don't really blame him for being on a show where he doesn't know and can't control the other content.

With regards to Meldrum  I've seen a clever hedging but never a solid "and you can take it to the bank" certainty.  At the end of the day nobody can really pin him down as a no holds barred believer.  Money talks and money seems to be saying a lot these days.

Guest Migrantworkers

Well now I have a problem

My 8 year old has had a keen interest in Bigfoot since he was 5 and we saw it coming on but it started at his bedtime...that's ok I say, it will be on again Friday night

After reading the glowing reviews I want to either tell him politely that it sucks or try to forget about it

Problem is that he won't...I suppose we will watch and I will point out the silliness although he will already call it ut

I suspect this will get its on thread but here is statement from Dr Squatch. I cannot tell you if it authentic or not. (I found it on the internet)

To head off the flood of emails and phone calls, let me reiterate that as a guest interviewee, I had nothing to do with the overall plot or creative content of this production. I do my best assess the intentions of a production company when I am approached, an encourage them to build upon credible information, but occasionally their enthusiasm is feigned and assurances are worthless. Its always a bit of a crap shoot in this business. Do you try to put the best effort forward and at least make a meaningful contribution in some way, or do you refuse to appear and have the entire production be without merit.

I haven't seen the program (I don't have cable) so I can't comment on particulars. From the teaser I got an inkling that there was some dramatic liberty taken creating a what-if scenario. I have no knowledge of a "capture" -- no indication of samples being tested, etc. Even in the drone sequence I am told they gave the impression we had a hit on a biped that we investigated looking for sign. A biped yes -- one of the production assistants. It was an exercise to demonstrate what the drone could and could not do. A useful exercise by my account.

Anyway -- take what you can from it, and have a chuckle over the remainder.

-Don Jeffrey Meldrum

Seems like a case of wanting to have ones cake and eat it too, IMO, and a case of realizing that the heat from this one might get a bit intense.....

After reading Dr Squatch's IMD I was intrigued by a listing called skoolcum where he's listed as an actor and an associate producer.

I gotta be honest I found that to be one of the most far fetched as any of them out there if not actually worse.

Doesn't change my take on the good doc. He's likely a pretty swell guy . Like those real special teachers that push and challenge creativity.

He does never commit. Ever.

Could be. Maybe. Wouldn't that be something.....

But does it make a bad impression for Meldrum?

Probably but I'm sure he'd cast it anyway and find dermal ridges and .. Oh, wait, you meant does it make him look bad. Yeah, it does.

• Upvote 2

^^ Agreed. 

I really don't understand Meldrum and the hero worship of him that goes on in this community. He is the "bigfoot professor", yet he has published exactly zero bigfoot papers in mainstream journals. He has advanced bigfoot science not one iota. Other than attending conventions (while being paid of course). cozying up with just about anyone that will put him on tv (for a fee, I am sure) and selling his wares at comicons, and publishing books and pamphlets (again, all for personal profit), what has he really done to move the bigfoot ball forward?

Sykes has done far more actual science in regard to bigfoot than Meldrum ever has, imo. And Sykes is a new comer compared to Meldrum, but at least Sykes applied testable scientific methods to his approach. The results were not what footers wanted to hear, I'm sure, but at least it was actual science. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

I agree with JDL meldrum and others intentions are likely in the right place.

Listen if someone wanted to pay me to be on TV conferences and the like to talk about searching for Santa I would step up over and over.

In his own words "take what you want from it and have a good chuckle with the rest"

It's really that simple.

It's been all downhill for Meldrum since Legend Meets Science.

I think he brings solid science and research to the field in general, and don't really blame him for being on a show where he doesn't know and can't control the other content.

With regards to Meldrum  I've seen a clever hedging but never a solid "and you can take it to the bank" certainty.  At the end of the day nobody can really pin him down as a no holds barred believer.  Money talks and money seems to be saying a lot these days.

That is because he is a Scientist, and you don't ''believe'' in science, you look at the facts, which are ever-changing, etc....

Meldrum has had plenty of experience with the BF, his best episode was I think on Monster Quest, when he was up in Canada and one was throwing rocks on the roof, they did the nail mat and it stepped on it and got really pissed off. etc.

^Dr Squatch in his own words has not had ANY undeniable experience with Bigfoot.

None.

I will have to dig up the monster quest episode you mention as I didn't see this or rocks on roof or a nail mat. That's sounds pretty cool. But suspect after watching I will giggle at it all.