Bigfoot Book Collection

langfordbc

I think Quizamoto has suggested a good list.  Thanks for the nice words about OBH.  Had a professional proof reader go through it.  About 250 minor corrections { six s/b seven, need a space here, wrong use of word, etc.  No take outs. No paragraph rewrites.}  The revised edition should be available by the end of the week. 

Anyway, I think non-North American thought on the phenomena has a place in a good library:

Bayanov, Dmitri :  In the Footsteps of the Russian Snowman {1996}

Debenat, Jean-Paul, Ph.D. :  The Asian Wildman {2015}

Healy, Tony & Cropper, Paul :  The Yowie, in Search of Australia's Bigfoot {2006 .... OBH layout is patterned after this book and National Geographic / some scholarly journals specifically to allow for larger maps. }

A few on my wishlist to get someday...

Oregon Bigfoot Highway

In The BIg Thicket

And some I'll probably never be able to afford...

Tribal Bigfoot, The Hoopa Project, and Bindernagel's books

I gather you've looked on Amazon and seen the outrageous prices for the last 4. They are all still available from the original publishers, Hancock House and Beachcomber Books. There are also many other cryptozoological titles available from Hancock House.

http://www.hancockhouse.com/products/CRY_index.htm

http://www.bigfootbiologist.org/page2.html

Thank You so much for these links!  I might be able to grab those in the next few months at reasonable prices now.  :)

No problem. Both Paulides books are good, I'm sure you'll like them. Hancock House used to release several new titles a year but it's been a long time since I've seen anything new from them. Not sure why.

Picked up The Hoopa Project and Tribal Bigfoot through the Hancock House link.

Still kinda hard to believe I was able to actually get them as I'd be staring at the prices greater than $100 on Amazon and AbeBooks for years.

Hello All,

Here's my book "collection":

Oh but wait! What the heck is that red book in the middle!?

^^ Yeah, THAT one. The one with no title on the cover!

What do you think? I know for a FACT that there are only four people in the entire WORLD that own this book. And I'm one of 'em

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Hello ohiobill,

Nope. Wish it was. I'm actually creating the books myself. Taught myself how to do the covers, the printing of the pages, the stitched bindings- everything. It's completely hand made here at home including it's writing. Started writing the second week of November and finished everything in time for Christmas gifts for my two sons and Tom Welch, the Maine fly fishing guide who did the illustration. It was quite a push. I have the forth copy currently with three more. It was quite a job timewise but oh so worth it. Feels good to see it here on the Forum. My plan is for an Ebook for cheap but in the meantime I will continue to make them. I plan on about five a week perhaps and work on finding either a publisher or a source to make a run of them for a reasonable price. Probably won't be tomorrow LOL.

Total pages- 100.

Edited by hiflier

Hello langfordbc,

Thank you. Somt things may be a bit obscure but there's a lot that is practical too. For instance I present a new idea in the chapter on "Getting Out". It discusses the time after one is shot and down. I know many will have trouble with this aspect but sometimes the tough things need saying. In the chapter I give three possible outcomes: Nothing happens, or other creatures show themselves and either out and out charge the team or bluff charge the team. The third scenario which I've never seen anyone mention before is that the creatures gather without looking at the team and simply go to their fallen member, reach down, lift it off the ground, and again without even looking at the team carry the body away into the forest without ever looking back. I've never seen this idea put forth before but thought it bore mentioning.

Hello Kiwakwe,

I'd be honored. Thank you and I'll be in touch.

Want to give a huge shout out and say a very big THANK YOU for jeobeelart for hooking me up with a copy of The Oregon Bigfoot Highway.  Very excited to read it once it arrives.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

While I'm a bigfoot believer I am scratching my head about the P-G film after reading both Greg Long's book and then Bill Munn's.  If it was a hoax, when what a hoax it was.  I'd love to hear your opinions.  

The Making of Bigfoot: The Inside Story Hardcover â€“ March 1, 2004

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1591021391?keywords=the%20making%20of%20bigfoot&qid=1453858609&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

When Roger Met Patty Kindle Edition

http://www.amazon.com/When-Roger-Patty-William-Munns-ebook/dp/B00M6CCYPE/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1453858484&sr=1-8&keywords=patterson+gimlin#customerReviews