Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

My writing is large so I can see it ...............don't be alarmed. The laptop and glasses don't work well. Is the field of bigfoot science like an airplane that is stalling and will soon head up, then down into a fog bank only to disappear? wow.....poetic.......That's not a pleasant event or thought. We can live in denial but it could happen. What efforts or events reversing this trend? What is adding to the stalling? 

My guess is a very low percentage of the public knows and believes bigfoot really exists as we do? What can we do about it? How can the public be informed and not turned off? We have many questions to answer.

Bigfoot has been shown to exist to a village, a group, and some VIPs but the evidence slipped through the cracks. I posed about 20 newspaper documents dating to the early 1800s where a bigfoot body was brought into a small community on a wagon, horse, or some other way. It didn't last too long with no refrigeration, and they buried the stinky corpse somewhere. A taxidermist didn't stuff it, so bigfoot failed to be proved.  

So how can we help prove bigfoot? Due to mockery and high thresholds of bigfoot proof, university bigfoot study grants seem impossible to attain.

Are there or have their been university grants for animals that we believe to exist?

If we had grants to universities that would finance bigfoot researcher's needs then reliable evidence and proof would soon follow. Do you agree? Seems like not many, if any universities, want to apply for bigfoot study grants probably due to the 'mockery factor'. Their closed minds or fear of mockery stifles getting into the 'know'. Presently evidence collected by us, the volunteer researcher is helping but not enough.

Well enough from the 'soap box'.  Pick a question to answer and run with it.

Edited by georgerm

The lack of financing for credentialed bigfoot research is the real bottle neck. 

Even if public opinion remains skeptical, a significant influx of money ($5,000,000 of more) for bigfoot research offered to major university anthropology departments would spur active professional involvement.  No matter how much this class of researcher turns its nose up at bigfoot now, they still have to eat, and when it comes to grant applications, they are promiscuous. 

Once they go for the grant money they have to convince, first themselves, and then their peers, that the line of research is worthy.  And once main stream academia starts insisting that bigfoot research is worthy (because they took the grant money), the dominoes of public perception will begin to fall in the right direction, because they then have to publish, and if they seriously get out there and start looking, they will have something to publish.

It will take a private group of benefactors to get this going, though.  The government certainly won't sponsor it.

Why do we care if they are not proven to the world?

If people don't want to know, isn't it their right to be unenlightened?

Edited by Sasfooty
  • Upvote 3

I don't worry much about the absence of scientific research. Just get more people in the outdoors with smartphones and we will eventually be vindicated.

Guest Crowlogic

The bigfoot community does not need outside funding or personnel to potentially prove bigfoot exists.  It simply needs a true cooperation within it's own ranks.  Consider the subject of habitation for a moment.  Either all are fake, some are fake all are real or some are real.  Assume for a moment some are real. All that is required is for the community at large or a respected person say Jeff Meldrum to spearhead a dialogue with the most promising trust worthy habituators to share their information/bigfoot with science.  This is not a case of real science not wanting to be involved.  Some real scientists are involved and willing.  It must however be considered that this lack of openness on the part of habituators is a means to save face about the falsehood of their claims or by some quirk of psychology all habitatuators have a hermit mentality that somehow bigfoot ferret out to befriend.  Personally I lean towards the former of these two possibilities.  If any one of the well known habituation cases were true and had they been open to the rigors I have mentioned it would have been case closed a long time ago.  

That said yes bigfoot science has stalled.

In order to get academic science involved you have to present actual hard evidence. No matter how interesting sightings, wood manipulations, or sounds are, none of that is hard evidence. Tracks are, but alone they are not enough. Good pictures (multiple) would help. Bigfoot bones would be great. This past year we presented hard evidence acceptable to science, egos and denial aside. It's still our job to get it presented in an acceptable manner to science. However, I do hope that others in the field are looking and not ignoring this type of evidence. It can prove that something not known exists. What it can't do is prove what it is. But that is what it takes to get academic science involved. Those that love DNA, the truth is it won't do it until a verifiable sample from an actual individual is tested. That will take a body or verifiable part thereof.

• Upvote 1

It is not our right to force this on no one , They can either accept it or not that's their natural right. When the time is right they will prove them selves .IMO But we do not need to , all we need is to do is explore the idea that they could exist.

As in some of the cases that some of us are going through, you can see that their is some thing happening. This does not matter if it does not make notice to the world ,since it is not meant too. But it does help explain things that maybe people may be dealing with that may have no understanding. Maybe this could be a calling for some of us who have had sightings, to help others understand.

Georgerm

You ask " has bigfoot science stalled "? I do not believe that it has, if anything it has been very interesting. Everything that has been tried has been proven not to work, except for the thermo technology. Thermo technology seemed to work for awhile and that has stalled, so this does make one wonder if they(creatures) have caught up with this technology. Unless some one out in the field is holding onto some very good footage in thermo and decided never to show it. But , well we would have heard about some thing like this along time ago, same goes with a dead body. We would have heard about of a dead body by now if some one shot one. 

Maybe bigfoot science stalled due to the evidence that has been presented. All these hair samples and nothing but negative results and maybe science is tired of the same results. But because it is science it must be tested no matter what the result may be.

The other side of this is that these creatures have become smarter, more intelligent. They have become so self aware that they have learned to cover their own tracks including their DNA. There truly is no DNA out there that will match with these creatures so will come back unknown. We expect it to come back as some type of Ape, Chimp, Human. But maybe it is neither and these creatures falls into it own tree of evolution. JMO Maybe this has science stalled since this would change everything we know. How would it be explained if it was ever to be proven that these creatures were on their own tree of evolution. That human changed them or they changed human in some way. Our history would all be a lie and would not be accepted and might even cause chaos among certain groups within the world. I should stop before I step out side of the rules of the forum. :)   

The bigfoot community does not need outside funding or personnel to potentially prove bigfoot exists.  It simply needs a true cooperation within it's own ranks.  Consider the subject of habitation for a moment.  Either all are fake, some are fake all are real or some are real.  Assume for a moment some are real. All that is required is for the community at large or a respected person say Jeff Meldrum to spearhead a dialogue with the most promising trust worthy habituators to share their information/bigfoot with science.  This is not a case of real science not wanting to be involved.  Some real scientists are involved and willing.  It must however be considered that this lack of openness on the part of habituators is a means to save face about the falsehood of their claims or by some quirk of psychology all habitatuators have a hermit mentality that somehow bigfoot ferret out to befriend.  Personally I lean towards the former of these two possibilities.  If any one of the well known habituation cases were true and had they been open to the rigors I have mentioned it would have been case closed a long time ago.  

That said yes bigfoot science has stalled.

Crowlogic

To get this cooperation , you need to gain their trust and loyalty. When that happens it then comes down to silence or staying secret. What sense does it make to gain the knowledge but not able to share the knowledge that you gain. 

Hello Sasfooty,

Happy belated New Year! Hope it's a good one for you :)

This is kind of a touchy subject for me. Why should we care? Maybe "we" don't need to but I do. I am of the opinion that they are being slowly decimated. Look what we do to Humans and then tell me Sasquatch isn't in grave danger:

http://www.okhistory.org/publications/enc/entry.php?entryname=AMERICAN%20INDIANS

If after reading that article you or anyone else can honestly say that Sasquatch will be fine, especially in Oklahoma then, my of this Forum will be gravely shifted. "Why do we care"..... Indeed. 

Hello ShadowBorn,

Unless some one out in the field is holding onto some very good footage in thermo and decided never to show it....same goes with a dead body....Maybe bigfoot science stalled due to the evidence that has been presented.....Maybe this has science stalled since this would change everything we know.

You're getting warmer.

Edited by hiflier

Look what we do to Humans and then tell me Sasquatch isn't in grave danger:

I don't understand how you can say that yet promote official discovery.   They are people, whether human or not, or we'd have found them already.   Considering our track record with the cultures of Native American cultures here and other indigenous peoples elsewhere in the world, how can you possibly rationalize promoting discovery?   That's like putting a pedophile in charge of the day care center.  I'm completely aghast at the level of obliviousness and denial necessary in that position.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 2

Hello Sasfooty,

Happy belated New Year! Hope it's a good one for you :)

And a Happy New Year to you too, Hiflier.

You are right about what we do to other humans & I agree that the BFs are in danger from some of us. But so called "government protection" from us would surely not do them any more good that it did the Indians. The very government that put them under it's "protection", killed them by the thousands & imprisoned the survivors on reservations to die from starvation & disease under it's "care".

I don't think there is any possibility that the government will ever be able to do that to the Bigfoots, but if their existence was proven, it would only bring more hunters, whether illegal or not, down on them.

I can't think of anything that hasn't suffered under government supervision, nor of any reason that they or us would benefit from their official "discovery".

• Upvote 2

Pointing out that there's already a "science" thread pinned at the top of the page.

Anyway, here are my opinions. Science is a process, often lengthy. Regarding this subject, it is ongoing in varying forms across North America and beyond. Although I agree with MIB and Sasfooty, I've scientifically gathered my own evidence, anyone can do it. Among other things, I've recorded audio at six plus locations in my state and other states as well, with suspect results in each one. Audio evidence of the vocal variety can be analyzed and shown to be no other animal. Also, paying attention in general and to the evidence that any other respected folks gather is helpful. It can't be argued that there isn't excellent photographic and video evidence that may or may not one day be released, I heard something interesting about that on a recent podcast. Patience is required.

Three years ago I started out with no idea that they were anything but rare forest creatures, but that has changed. They're not generally endangered, and it's my belief that anyone uttering the word "protection" is fooling themselves, or attempting to fool others, often with their hands out.

If anyone worries about them, I recommend getting into local habitat protections. We need that, too.

Its hard to do research with the relatively sparse physical evidence.  I.e. limited hair samples, foot print casts, etc.  Anything beyond analyzing those items is just theoretical.  It's hard to research something when you don't know what it is or anything definite about it.  I don't consider hunting for bigfoot research, and that is ongoing in various degrees all over the place.  

• Upvote 1

Hello MIB,

I don't understand how you can say that yet promote official discovery.   They are people, whether human or not, or we'd have found them already.   Considering our track record with the cultures of Native American cultures here and other indigenous peoples elsewhere in the world, how can you possibly rationalize promoting discovery?   That's like putting a pedophile in charge of the day care center.  I'm completely aghast at the level of obliviousness and denial necessary in that position.

MIB

Whoa, slow down there. You know my position on this which is a firm one. I think corporate interest are eliminating the creature whenever they find them. Government isn't the best but corporations are much worse. Otherwise my post wouldn't make any sense at all which you are rightly pointing out. How does one stop a private corporation? You can't anymore. And if it's oil forget it. And folks wonder why science has stalled or who might be powerful enough to stall it? May as well kiss the Big Fella goodbye- he's a goner already unless proof happens quick.

Edited by hiflier

Here's some food for thought. It's right to doubt that the government could protect bigfoot. But you know what can be controlled and limited in many way... Us!

• Upvote 2

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic