2016 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Guest Admin

BFF Patron

The Smithsonian has been mentioned in about every other posting in the thread with reference to a body delivered or a skeleton. I will stay out of that argument but ardently urge anyone who acquires a skeleton or a body to keep it away from the Smithsonian. There are many PHD's and institutions probably with better credentials than those at the Smithsonian. If there is the slightest truth to any sort of a government cover-up with regards to BF or even giant humans, your precious specimen might end up lost like so many have before. That such a specimen will be confiscated by some alphabet government agency is my worst fear should anyone acquire one. Even though I think Dr. Disotell is a rather flamboyant figure with regards to BF, perhaps we need someone flamboyant that will not take crap from the government should they show up and want the evidence. Certainly he is not likely to shun notoriety that associates him with BF since he has already crossed that bridge.

The buzz starting out 2016 might be the bedding area discovered by Olympic Project members, apparently a land owner found the nests while marking an area for foresting. This area had not been harvested for 50 years, and at about a 500 foot elevation, an area completely surrounded with thick huckleberry, along a ridgeline. What was found on this ridge was eight nests which are best compared to gorilla nests, made of huckleberry tips that were broken off and woven in. The nests range in size, but are about a foot thick and some 8 feet by 4 feet. Biologists have ruled out bears and elk as the culprits. Hairs were removed carefully to attempt to identify what was using the nests. Three of those hairs matched other supposed Sasquatch hair held by other reputable researchers, and testing revealed them as unidentified. It is all intriguing to say the least, and there is more to the story, so listen to the most recent episode of MonsterXradio to hear Derek Randles account of the situation.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

I have seen photographs of that bedding area in a presentation. I wish we could get our hands on the photographs and publish them here so others could recognize the same thing. Like BTW bone stacks, the nesting area is seemingly unique and readily recognizable if you have seen the photograph. I think a forest service biologist was involved in the find as well as PHD candidate. Hopefully this means that there is some science being done with this. I doubt that the nesting method is unique to an individual BF. So other similar nests should be out there to find. The concentration of hairs in such a nest increases the likelihood that some will be other than known animals. DNA enthusiasts note that testing of hairs in this nest revealed some of them to be unidentified. Some would have us believe that DNA testing of hair is always definitive.

That's not the first time "woven" nesting mats have been described. There is a very similar description in Albert Ostman's report of his 1927? abduction. That always made me think he might have been fudging details, so it's very interesting to see a possible modern confirmation of that behavior. Intriguing :-0

Many of Ostmans details pertaining to Sasquatch have been observed by others, so I might have to conclude he had some sort of experience, now whether his story was 100% true, who knows, but all I can say is that certain observations have been proven over time, and were not commonly known at the time he first described them.

• Upvote 1

Some of the things to look forward to in 2016,

The Big Fur Documentary-this has been in the works for several years, features a award winning taxidermist who is on his own quest to understand the Sasquatch as a real creature

Sykes DNA- He left his last book hanging on the feral Uzbek hypothesis, do not know when, but another book is forthcoming

Olympic Project- findings concerning the nesting area

Oil Embargoes, if oil keeps dropping we might have to limit the supply somehow to keep our oil infrastructure afloat

Guest OntarioSquatch

Sykes' DNA study appeared to be a flop, but I believe he's now closer to the truth than any other scientist out there. He's on the right track with the hair from Washington and it seems like he's aware of it.

Sykes DNA- He left his last book hanging on the feral Uzbek hypothesis, do not know when, but another book is forthcoming

I just posted about his new book in "Sykes Book Defending The Notion Of Relic Hominids?" thread below. 

Then I read this thread.  ...  It's out already to read online, apparently.  

Bigfoot Yeti and the Last Neanderthal, well I think Sykes is just serving left overs this year, I cannot tell if the book offers any new information, or if it is simply a repackaged version of the last book. Maybe he felt that the title change would allow more readers the opportunity to catch up on the mystery. I know that the first chapter, the big man, is basically the same as in the a parallel chapter in the last book. So if you find anything different please let me know, but I already coughed up some cash for the first version. It might include some different stuff worth reading.

BFF Patron

If the skeptics had not harassed Derek Randles about flying cows so much and driven him off the forum we could just ask him for pictures of the nesting area.    Perhaps the Olympic Project would give them to some forum member so they could post them here.     The placement of the vegetation in the bedding was very interesting.   

• Upvote 1

^^^^^That was pretty bogus.  Flat-earth crap like that has a place only where flat-earthers like to bray nonsense at each other.  It doesn't belong here.

The biggest obstacle to the advance of this field is idiots who haven't read up or devoted significant mental time to this going on and on ad infinitum about stuff they know for sure...that isn't so.

DWA ... who are you directing that at?   Can't tell.

For the record I agree with SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT on this.   What the Olympic Project seems to be reporting is EXTREMELY relevant to the western / coastal segment of my search region ... to the area I where I had my first sighting.   I'm pretty seriously bummed Derek is not here to discuss it.  Chasing off researchers who might have the missing pieces does nothing to further anyone's understanding.

MIB