What Triggers Bigfoot To Be Mean?

georgerm

There are many reports of human encounters with bigfoot. Most of the time bigfoot leaves the areas. Sometimes bigfoot growls, throws stuff, screams, charges, and rips up stuff as a symbol of feeling rage at the sight of humans or some how humans failed to respect a bigfoot value held dearly. Another words, when humans wander into the woods, many are ignorant of signs and sounds.

Have you faced an aggressive bigfoot? What happened? Why do you think it happened?

So what could be triggering bigfoot to be aggressive and sometimes act violent?

1. Some have camped by mistake in active bigfoot claimed land. There are many other areas not claimed.

2. Bigfoot looked the hunters over, and saw their guns which pissed them off.

3. Most bigfoots are born cranky.

4. A bigfoot was hungry and wanted to eat them.

5. A bigfoot was harmed in the past by humans and has a vendetta.

6. When several bigfoots are hunting together and decide to bed down; if humans come around, this can send them into a rage?

7. Bigfoots don't like or trust humans.

8. Bigfoots are peaceful and care about people unless boundaries are over stepped. It's up to the human to comprehend the boundaries    and the logic of the bigfoot mind since they have entered bigfoots home.

9. Bigfoots are much like bears, and some are very dangerous.

10.  Human error. Many humans wander about the woods and are ignorant of animal rules, and signs. Step on some animals's toes and the human has a problem. 

^^

That's right. They're tired of hearing they don't exist. :growl:   

There are many reports of human encounters with bigfoot. Most of the time bigfoot leaves the areas. Sometimes bigfoot growls, throws stuff, screams, charges, and rips up stuff as a symbol of feeling rage at the sight of humans or some how humans failed to respect a bigfoot value held dearly. Another words, when humans wander into the woods, many are ignorant of signs and sounds.

Have you faced an aggressive bigfoot? What happened? Why do you think it happened?

1. Some have camped by mistake in active bigfoot claimed land. There are many other areas not claimed.

6. When several bigfoots are hunting together and decide to bed down; if humans come around, this can send them into a rage?

8. Bigfoots are peaceful and care about people unless boundaries are over stepped. It's up to the human to comprehend the boundaries    and the logic of the bigfoot mind since they have entered bigfoots home.

10.  Human error. Many humans wander about the woods and are ignorant of animal rules, and signs. Step on some animals's toes and the human has a problem. 

Could there be something to this? Territorial based? Maybe when their intimidation tactics don't work and the human intruders don't leave, some get more aggressive.

Could there be something to this? Territorial based? Maybe when their intimidation tactics don't work and the human intruders don't leave, some get more aggressive.

This question has some serious science involved. Answering the riddle may save some lives, and prevent PTSD from a bad bigfoot experience.

My experience back more than 30 years ago ended peacefully. Bigfoot was not on my mind at all and burned into my memory. All that I saw was an enormous humped head and eyes peering over a log staring right at me during the moon lit night. At the time bigfoot was not on my mind, and this big fellow allowed my fellow wood cutter to sleep on a tarp in its woods. It checked us out, then crept off and carried its 800 pound body across the forest floor without cracking a stick or dry leaf!

I thank my Lucky Star for allowing us to avoid a terrible experience. Why did we get away with it when others don't?    Did he check us out before making camp and noticed we had no guns, and we respected its front yard..... kind of ................. we cut firewood and made lots of noise several miles away......  We had permits to cut up downed fir trees for fire wood, yew wood fence post and lodge pole pines for fencing. We were in super squachy country just south of Crater Lake, Oregon. Those were the days of bold .......  

Edited by georgerm

I've had a theory that Bigfoot are opportunists at heart. No different than humans or other animals. I don't think they are "mean" in the sense they harbor personal I'll will towards humans. I do think that they are too big and too smart to pass up on an easy meal that does not present any potential chance of injury or discovery.

In short, they will avoid physical interaction with humans unless they think they can grab us without much or any resistance on our part. After all, a weak and harmless human has as many calories as a white tail deer with sharp hooves and antlers.

On occasion, I'm sure they would feel the need to intimidate us, as well as any other animal that may be too close to their territory or family group. But this behavior is normal, among animals, and not driven by personal emotions or resentment.

Then again, maybe Bigfoot have similar personalities as humans and there are some mean ones out there? However, I tend to believe that emotional needs are secondary to things such as caloric intake and shelter. Considering they would need to spend most of their time foraging or hunting, emotions would almost be a luxury they could not afford.

Hello All,

"What Triggers Bigfoot To Be Mean?" IDK. Getting up on the wrong side of the cave?

Seriously though, and this is entirely speculative mind you, I have proposed that Sasquatch daytime eyesight isn't as good as ours. Better than a bear's perhaps but still not great. Something that would trigger meanness might be something as simple as another Sasquatch in the controlled territory. And since there is a question of eyesight that meanness is directed toard a Human until the creature has determined that the Human isn't just another Sasquatch. Campers are not Sasquatch but a lone Human on a trail or bushwhacking could initially be mistaken for one. A smaller male in the territory might be thought to be easy to intimidate. When it's found to be a Human instead then things might change? Pure, pure, PURE speculation.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Perhaps they are autistic psychopaths that resent the bigger brains of modern humans and think a can of whoop a** is what those uppity humans need to cut them down to size?

For those that have encountered them it cannot be that hard to answer this can it ! I mean you get to close to them they get mean, You mess up there hunting opportunity and they get mad with ya, you walk in an area that you should not of have been but did not know they get mad. It gets hard to understand them after awhile until they adjust or is it that we adjust around them. Either way you get the picture and it is a learning experience.

Perhaps they are autistic psychopaths that resent the bigger brains of modern humans and think a can of whoop a** is what those uppity humans need to cut them down to size?

IMO I would think that only the one's that hate us puny humans and these would be the ones to weed out from the groups. Like I have said before , a creature to take out for a sample would have to be a rogue creature. One that's is killing live stock and causing harm to humans.

In my past, I've been tasked with recon work in some remote areas.

Body language alone, will tell you a lot about the one(s) transiting through.  The casual person trekking through has a much different body language from one who is somewhat "dangerous."  Their pace is different, their attention to their surroundings is different, their awareness in front, around, and behind them is different, their stops are different, and their movements are much different.

If I were in a location and spotted a human coming within range, I can tell very quickly from their body language and behavior - whether they're more of a threat or less of a threat.  

It's just that simple sometimes.

• Upvote 1

how about protecting a food source, water source, bedding area, or little ones nearby.

This was my very first thought, and one not mentioned in your list of potential reasons. Little ones. Nothing more threatening than a potential predator near my baby..

I think an unmentioned motivator is simply our (general) lack of understanding that they're even there.

How many reports have we read where people are simply dumbfounded that something capable of throwing stones or pushing over trees even exists?

To the uninitiated, their "flight" response time is slowed as their brains have to got through something akin to the 5 stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) in mere seconds. In the meantime, Mr. Big is huffing and puffing because he doesn't know that we don't know.

But hey, they do such a good job of hiding it's their own fault ;)

Me? I'm gone at the first bowling ball sized rock whizzing past my head. Camp is yours, Sir!!