• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
Explorer

Scary Encounter And Photo Near Martins Falls?

16 posts in this topic

I ran into this story posted in ATS by a guy, who along with his girlfriend, had a scary encounter in the woods back in ~October 2015.

Location was not given, only that it was on the Martins Falls trail.  The story includes a photo of the waterfall and the blobsquatch among the trees.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1090399/pg3#pid19976627

Wonder if this guy is going to follow-up the case with BFRO or other research organizations? 

Don't recall reading about this before.

This gentleman was on Sasquatch Chronicles several weeks ago and sounded very straight forward. Martin's Falls is in extreme northwest Montana about 19 miles NW of Whitefish. This is west of Glacier National Park and in some of the wildest, least populated area in the country outside of a wilderness area. Below is a screen shot of the area from Google Earth:

post-22377-0-86617200-1457903710_thumb.j

Location was not given, only that it was on the Martins Falls trail.

According to the post, it was about 300 feet past the main falls and within 200 feet or so of a road.. Not sure how many falls are on the trail, but probably would be easy to narrow down the location based on those statements. Are there falls on the trail that are designated as "main"?

Airdale,

Thanks for the tip on the witness being interviewed in SC and identifying the state/location.

I am glad you posted because I looked for Martins Falls, Martin's Creek Falls, and Martin's Falls in google and found numerous places in US and Canada with that name (and thus gave up).

I found a photo for the Martin Falls in the location you gave and the falls look similar to the photo the eyewitness posted.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gs-geo-images/53e1c1d5-52fa-4021-be8e-d884cc9d1329_l.jpg

Not sure why the witness wrote it as Martins (with an s in the end) - most likely a typo.

BTW, I looked thru past SC shows but could not find the reference (but I only have access to the free shows).

VAfooter,

I was curious for general location so that I could check in BFRO database and see if this location had other sightings.

I live too far to visit Montana, but looks like Airdale lives close by and can check it out. :)

If the correct location is Martin Falls, MT, then the county is Flathead County.

Per BFRO database, only 2 Class B reports are shown for Flathead County.

Considering its size, Montana has very few reports, but we also have a very low population density. Area is roughly 147k square miles and we just topped one million in population in the last census with the majority of that in a handful of cities. Martin Falls is in Flathead County but much closer to Lincoln County than to the population centers of Flathead. Excepting Libby and Troy, Lincoln County likely has nearly as many Grizzlies as people. Yakk, 11.6 miles south of the Canadian border, is the only town in the middle of the county, and the two photos below are from Google Earth Street View at each end of town and less than 100 yards apart.

post-22377-0-96456400-1457928830_thumb.j          post-22377-0-53414200-1457928876_thumb.j

There aren't a lot of folks to make reports, and likely considerably less than that would be inclined to do so.

This video was filmed near Kalispell, Montana (close to the location above) and there is a blobsquatch here too.

Just for fun, check out this youtube video at ~9:16-9:18, looks like a stumpsquatch there.

If it was the real deal, then the RMSO investigators did not even notice it.

This was pointed out by numerous comments in the Youtube page.  With enough imagination, you can make that look like a juvenile hiding like a stump and not moving. It does look like fur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwVSyfAh5RI#t=139

Here are two screen captures from the above mentioned video. I've worked on them a bit with my photo editor but even though the video is 1080p hi-def, there is insufficient detail to elevate these above the blobsquatch category.

post-22377-0-62433300-1458179413.jpg     post-22377-0-46131800-1458179422.jpg

Going by the witness's description in the OP, looking at a topo map of the area. I can understand his confusion on the distance back to the car. He'd only covered about 400' as he stated. If he went up to the road where it nears the creek, there is a big switchback down to where he probably parked his car. But it's only a mile or less, not two.

It's definitely a blobsquatch. Regardless of how he thinks it's standing in the photo you can't see where the ground is back in there. If it isn't a stump, it looks most like a bear with typical bear ears on its head. Also the falling limb, they are called widow-makers for a reason. But of course, IMO.

I've been up around Flathead Lake 2 or 3 times, to family reunions in Poulsen. It's beautiful wild country with the western side of the Rockies as a backdrop. Did some horse back trial riding and river rafting in the Flathead river.

Ain't spell checker great... Make that trail riding.

I'd entirely overlooked the photo in the story that Explorer linked. Fortunately the gentleman making the report is a photographer and had a real camera so there is a lot more to work with than cell phone pictures. The first photo below is of Martin Falls with the subject in the upper left hand portion at the top of the falls.

post-22377-0-90409600-1458272780_thumb.j

The next photo is cropped to show the area immediately adjacent to the subject.

post-22377-0-96899700-1458272895_thumb.j

This final photo is the cropped portion processed through PhotoZoom Classic by Ben Vista Software using their proprietary algorithm called S-Spline XL. I don't even pretend to grok how it works its magic of enhancing detail and this is the most extreme test I've subjected it to. Still nothing conclusive but it is a bit less blobsquatchish.

post-22377-0-91625100-1458273112_thumb.j

Airdale,

Thanks for your analysis of the photos in these two cases

Maybe I introduced confusion by combining two different cases on this thread (because they were both in Montana and both had blobsquath images).

Hopefully, folks can keep track.

The two blobsquatch images have different pluses/minuses:

The plus of the Martin Falls image is that the two witnesses claimed that they saw the creature and were scared by it.  The image provides corroborating evidence to their story.

The minus is that the image is too ambiguous.

On the Kalispell image, the minus is that the videographer and his colleague did not ever see/hear whatever that image was. So it could have been a fallen branch or tree stump.

The positive on this image is that the pareidolia effect gives you a better BF image.

Like you suggested before, the videographer should go back to that spot and check if that object is natural/permanent in order to determine if the image has any anomalous merit.

Nice work Airedale! The guy was a photographer, but his girlfriend took that picture.

"From there we went and got dinner and that's when we found this on one of the two photos she had taken. This was taken with a Samsung Galaxy phone. When she took this photo she said that it was not there. Only when she looked at them later did she see it."

So once again, a blobsquatch from a cell phone. Still looks like a bear. ;)

I really need to take a refresher course in reading comprehension BTW, and I even listened to the original report on SQ! I do have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have frankly been amazed at the detail in some of the snapshots taken with it. Had that photo been made with a full frame or APS-C DSLR, we might have gotten something definitive.