Your Prediction As To When A Bigfoot Will Found Or Caught

Guest Lesmore

I've been interested in the Bigfoot issue since around the late 60's, when I attended one of Roger Patterson's presentations re: his Bigfoot sighting and the resultant film.

I was an older teenager back in those days and at the time I remember thinking that it was only a matter of very little time, before the BF issue was resolved.

That was 40 years or so ago and now I'm an old man :D and in those past, ensuing years....nothing...nada...has been found to confirm if indeed, Bigfoot is a reality.

So in 2010, as I find myself aging rapidly (in my early 60's now), I've wondered will the Bigfoot issue be resolved, one way or the other, within my lifetime ? BTW, I hope to make it to at least a very healthy 95 years old or so...so we're talking about another 30 + years.

I hope. :D

So what's your input.

Do you think that a Bigfoot will be found....possibly dead, but let's hope not dead.

Or...will a Bigfoot be captured...alive and healthy hopefully. It wouldn't be great if someone shot one .

Or at the very least will someone shoot some professional quality pictures, that are clear and unquestionably BF....not just some joker in a Gorilla outfit ?

Will any of this take place in the next 30 odd years ?

If so it would make an old man...very happy. :lol:

What is your prediction and rationalization for your prediction ?

A fair if not popular question.. we've only had folks trying for decades now, so...

since ive been interested in this for so long i think i know EXACTLY when....

the announcement(hopefully many,many years from now) will be precisely 24 hours after my death.

yep,soon as i leave this world,some sap in a school bus will probably smack one,be all over the news,& ill miss it all. B) or is it :mad:?

Not a chance, Lesmore. Take these next 30 years you've got and invest them in learning about and experiencing real wildlife.

Good advice Saskeptic. I do, just that. One of the benefits of being retired and having a reasonable, secure pension is that I can now get more involved, as I have the time to follow my interests, that I have had in life.

I have been retired for two years + and it truly is another, very enjoyable chapter in life.

I have always been interested in natural science and I am fortunate to live in an area that is in the northern plains (prairies as we say up here :))....but because of my location....I have easy access to other fascinating areas. I'm just 90 minutes from the Canadian Shield and close to Boreal and Riverine forests. I do a lot of traveling to these areas and am out and about exploring.

I'm out most days...winter, summer, fall and spring walking along forest trails or along the prairie landscape...always with my DSLR camera equipment...and wide angle, macro and telephoto lenses at close hand in my camera bag.

I'm constantly astounded at the animals and particularly the birds, especially the birds of prey I see and photograph. Winter is the best time to spot and photograph...no leaves to conceal. :)

In my city we are blessed with a wonderful and extensive library system, which I take constant advantage. They have an extensive collection on nature, wildlife, etc.

In fact it was through the local library that I first discovered two books that I regard highly. One is John Meldrum's book, Sasquatch, Legend meets science...which rekindled my interest in Sasquatch. The other book is... Prairie, A Natural History by Candace Savage.

Savage's book has sparked a retirement project, which I hope will take years to complete...or if not complete at least explore.

I plan to travel throughout the US and Canada....to all the grasslands and savannas of both countries, to learn, appreciate and enjoy the beauty of the land, the flora, the fauna and the history.

So far I've just touched on Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Montana, the Dakotas, Minnesota.....I've got a lot more to see.

Yes experiencing and learning about nature and history is a fascinating way to spend , I hope the next 30 odd years.

Cherish bigfoot (as I do) as a fascinating bit of cross-cultural human mythology.

I regard Bigfoot in much the same way as you do. I find the mythology of great interest and also the conversations with others who share this interest.

Les

Edited by Lesmore

Too bad my grand dad is deceased...he was a log truck driver and would take me out sometimes and let me work the shifter when I was just a little boo. At 60 miles an hour...

There were no seat belts in his truck but that was okay...I couldn't have reached it if I wasn't leaning over.... :rolleyes:

Different times.... :lol:

I've often thought about the theory that it's going to be a log truck taking out one of the big guys....and that's still to me the most likely scenario.

But we are all gonna have to hope that truck isn't "accidentally" overweight when it happens...cause if it is...that driver ain't calling NOBODY. He's just gonna move along..... ;)

So as to when the world get's it's very own "Gotcha!" moment...maybe the seventh of never, or tommorrow. It depends.

What is your prediction and rationalization for your prediction ?

Bigfoot was found today and indisputable proof will be presented tomorrow on the BFF. At least that's what I tell myself every time I log out for the day.

Good night! :unsure:

Got no idea. If I had to guess, I would say the government probably already knows about them and if Joe Public catches one we won't ever hear about it for whatever reason. I still haven't figured out what the government's motivation would be for not making it public other than possibly not wanting to appear that it has no control over the situation.

Instead of waiting for Bigfoot to be "found," why not celebrate in some of the more recent photographic and video evidence which is making it more difficult just to dog-pile onto people like Roger Patterson and be done with it.

I'm personally impressed with this report: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=26460

I might not of seen all the pictures....but the ones (three) that I did see in the link , to me were inconclusive.

SSR Team

My Prediction is next week..;)

Given the amount of time it's taken to document other super-rare/elusive critters in the wild (giant squid, snow leopard, surviving Ivory Bill Woodpecker), I'm going to say about 15 years give or take a few from the START of a concentrated, sustained, well-financed effort.

How long it takes to get to THAT point? I'm not holding my breath...

Instead of waiting for Bigfoot to be "found," why not celebrate in some of the more recent photographic and video evidence which is making it more difficult just to dog-pile onto people like Roger Patterson and be done with it.

I'm personally impressed with this report: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=26460

In that image, the light source is clearly below the upper half of the figure, which could easily be having a magnifying effect regarding the projection of a shadow onto a planar surface. In addition, the 'enhanced' image, from which we're invited to discern features, shows what could easily be little more than low-intensity refraction effects from the pattern of the glass. similar to the much brighter ones in the upper right.

I'm not disputing their story. It seems fairly plausible that someone could have well been out there, which would have been an intense and discomforting experience. But to go straight from that to Sasquatch; it seems like an undue stretch.

Edited by dozy

About nine years ago I said the following on a now defunct forum..."With all the cameras and trail cams out there, and more being added each year....If Bigfoot exists he will be discovered in the next five years. If he's not, I will no longer consider him to be anymore than myth, misidentifications, hoaxes, lies ect..."

So, my prediction date came and went four years ago. Sadly, I strongly suspect that everyone else who's made one here will too.