• Announcements

• masterbarber

T shirt fund drive   07/17/2018

norseman has designed a t shirt and started a fund drive on custom ink. He is going to split the proceeds between the BFF and Project Grendel.  "We all owe this website a tremendous debt of gratitude. Our community and history would not exist without it. As far as the Project Grendel proceeds, I would like to see it go towards the purchase of a thermal scope."
      -norseman     https://www.customink.com/fundraising/sasquatch-hunter
WV FOOTER

Finding Bigfoot Cancelled

71 posts in this topic

Finding Bigfoot Cancelled, Say it isn't so?  I see on Social Media that the show has been cancelled.  I know nothing was ever found, but the stories told by people all over the country, were very interesting. 

Well, they were about to fall down the rabbit hole. You'd think it would make good TV, though.

Hope it wasn't because of li'l ol' me ;) I'm actually somewhat serious about that.

Maybe some pressure from F&W and USFS because of all the yahoos now out hollering and tree knocking and generally bothering all the animals and people?

Edited by hiflier

I remember they got a rock thrown at them in the dark in the first season, and could see a heat signature on their thermal thingy.

IOW I think they found one, in the first season no less. But they didn't seem to know what to do about it.

Well I was wondering what happen, I always thought that it was a great show. Just that they did have witnesses and that they were able to recreate the scene. That really helps put some perspective to this creature.

I really liked the last show when I think Reney was with that witness on the thermo and the witness really got excited, but she calmed her down. I thought that was cool. There are a lot of stuff like that on this show and very informative, so I hope that it is not for good.

I remember they got a rock thrown at them in the dark in the first season, and could see a heat signature on their thermal thingy.

IOW I think they found one, in the first season no less. But they didn't seem to know what to do about it.

Good point. And I think they found many of them, over many seasons. The howls, the huffs, the tree knocks -- there was a lot going on. 

It was a good vehicle for introducing the topic, and it treated the topic in a more respectful way than any other show has so far, that I can tell.  

And I agree, ShadowBorn, it was fun to watch Ranae with that witness. It was a great 'tutorial' in staying calm. Her behavior (and the behavior of the other cast members, as well) is a good reminder that there's no reason to be afraid in the woods, and no need for aggression. I hope the show is not gone for good, too.  

IMO, the entertainment focus quickly wore out the (viewers) welcome of any actual effort to make a discovery. Instead of a concentrated and maintained effort to work a known hotspot, it looked more like a Globe Trekker/Rick Steves travel infomercial. They probably knew an actual tangible result was not in the cards so the entertainment horse was ridden until it collapsed.

Something tells me the bad press was coming.

Cliff was saying last night on a social media site that the show had not been canceled.

Personally IMHO it would be a poor business decision to cancel only a year and a half out from the 50th year anniversary of "Patty's" October 1967 debut. Besides, Mr. Barackman and James "Bobo" Fay are speaking at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference in May. A cancelled FB wouldn't work as well for them as a show that was still active. More good business.

Edited by hiflier

I haven't been able to watch an entire episode for quite a while.  It's pretty much the same thing - and it gets boring after a while - never keeps my interest, and to be honest I think the shows producers went in the wrong direction too much.  The first couple of seasons were the best by far IMO.  We got to see a lot of the pics, videos or eye-witness accounts from some really good encounters.  Seemed like things kind of petered out after the first couple of seasons.  I also agree that they should have done less jumping around the world type of thing an concentrated more on a hot-spot area.  It seemed like they really weren't actually wanting to find BF at times.  I bet there is a lot more that went on that never got to camera.

I'm with Triton. Bye Felicia.