Finding Bigfoot Cancelled

WV FOOTER

Admin

Finding Bigfoot Cancelled, Say it isn't so?  I see on Social Media that the show has been cancelled.  I know nothing was ever found, but the stories told by people all over the country, were very interesting. 

Hope it wasn't because of li'l ol' me ;) I'm actually somewhat serious about that.

Maybe some pressure from F&W and USFS because of all the yahoos now out hollering and tree knocking and generally bothering all the animals and people?

Edited by hiflier

I remember they got a rock thrown at them in the dark in the first season, and could see a heat signature on their thermal thingy.

IOW I think they found one, in the first season no less. But they didn't seem to know what to do about it.

Well I was wondering what happen, I always thought that it was a great show. Just that they did have witnesses and that they were able to recreate the scene. That really helps put some perspective to this creature.

I really liked the last show when I think Reney was with that witness on the thermo and the witness really got excited, but she calmed her down. I thought that was cool. There are a lot of stuff like that on this show and very informative, so I hope that it is not for good.

• Upvote 1

I remember they got a rock thrown at them in the dark in the first season, and could see a heat signature on their thermal thingy.

IOW I think they found one, in the first season no less. But they didn't seem to know what to do about it.

Good point. And I think they found many of them, over many seasons. The howls, the huffs, the tree knocks -- there was a lot going on. 

It was a good vehicle for introducing the topic, and it treated the topic in a more respectful way than any other show has so far, that I can tell.  

And I agree, ShadowBorn, it was fun to watch Ranae with that witness. It was a great 'tutorial' in staying calm. Her behavior (and the behavior of the other cast members, as well) is a good reminder that there's no reason to be afraid in the woods, and no need for aggression. I hope the show is not gone for good, too.  

IMO, the entertainment focus quickly wore out the (viewers) welcome of any actual effort to make a discovery. Instead of a concentrated and maintained effort to work a known hotspot, it looked more like a Globe Trekker/Rick Steves travel infomercial. They probably knew an actual tangible result was not in the cards so the entertainment horse was ridden until it collapsed.

Personally IMHO it would be a poor business decision to cancel only a year and a half out from the 50th year anniversary of "Patty's" October 1967 debut. Besides, Mr. Barackman and James "Bobo" Fay are speaking at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference in May. A cancelled FB wouldn't work as well for them as a show that was still active. More good business.

Edited by hiflier

I haven't been able to watch an entire episode for quite a while.  It's pretty much the same thing - and it gets boring after a while - never keeps my interest, and to be honest I think the shows producers went in the wrong direction too much.  The first couple of seasons were the best by far IMO.  We got to see a lot of the pics, videos or eye-witness accounts from some really good encounters.  Seemed like things kind of petered out after the first couple of seasons.  I also agree that they should have done less jumping around the world type of thing an concentrated more on a hot-spot area.  It seemed like they really weren't actually wanting to find BF at times.  I bet there is a lot more that went on that never got to camera.

• Upvote 1