Finding Bigfoot Cancelled

WV FOOTER

BFF Patron

Cliff does say twice on Facebook: not canceled.   Yet, they had a show upstaged by River Monsters this past Thursday night. 

Obviously they are pacing themselves and inserting shows for best ratings.

If they could cut the commercial breaks to the gobsmacking, salivating CGBigfoot they could easily make the show better IMHO.  

Cosmetically better for sure, but better.

• Upvote 4

Not cancelled. In fact they are filming new episodes and have some already filmed . Look for there return after River Monsters season ends . It was bad programming to have them back to back.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Hope it wasn't because of li'l ol' me ;) I'm actually somewhat serious about that.

Maybe some pressure from F&W and USFS because of all the yahoos now out hollering and tree knocking and generally bothering all the animals and people?

Why do you think you had anything to do with it?

Guest Crowlogic

The reason it was cancelled.....  "There's something on the hill!"  finally was understood as "There's nothing on the hill!" 

Hope it wasn't because of li'l ol' me ;) I'm actually somewhat serious about that.

Maybe some pressure from F&W and USFS because of all the yahoos now out hollering and tree knocking and generally bothering all the animals and people?

It would be a mega thread derailer to go into.

Guest ewashguy56

Its not the worst show, Mountain Monsters is just horrendous, I can't believe it has survived this long.

I would agree there. Both shows are entertaining, MM, kind of,  but of the two, I much before FB.

Craig Woolheater posted a piece on the same subject on Cryptomundo earlier today. Craig asked Cliff, Bobo, and Matt about the rumor.

Cliff said:

"No, we aren't cancelled. In fact, we are filming more episodes this summer. The programming folks at Animal Planet have made some decisions about how to best support Finding Bigfoot based on the data, and they are moving ahead with their plan. Luckily this has little to do with me, so I can just focus on bigfooting."

Bobo:

"No, viewers were pissed about the night change and advertisers buy slots ahead of time so they have to go through current cycle. Or something like that. We're filming all summer."

Matt M.:

"Animal Planet is holding the remaining episodes for next season to add to the new ones that they are currently filming in order to air them back on the original air time of Sunday nights."

So no, Finding Bigfoot is apparently not cancelled.

• Upvote 3

Well, it lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

If you are fair, you must admit that measuring popularity (thus length of production),  it was the most successful BF show ever. My understanding is that most viewers were young people who've never heard about BF before. They planted the seed in many thousands of young people. Good Job!

I congratulate all of the people responsible for making Finding Bigfoot happen!

:drinks:

I thought that was a good side effect of the show; it got a lot of young people interested in the subject of Bigfoot.

In my opinion, the Mountain Monsters group are the greatest and most successful BF hunters on the planet.

In my opinion, the Mountain Monsters group are the greatest and most successful BF hunters on the planet.

Scary thing is, you may be right!

Scary thing is, you may be right!

Just ask them.

• Upvote 1

It would be a mega thread derailer to go into.

Well, given the information above, looks like you are off the hook...assuming you were ever on it, that is! :)

Edited by TedSallis