Finding Bigfoot Cancelled

WV FOOTER

Hiflier, tell us how you really feel..  Seriously though, I feel the same way. Most people seem to enjoy the town meetings. That's one of the worst parts. And the Bigfoot slang they come up with is even more pathetic. Like if a person uses the word "Squatchin or Squatcher" around me, they just lost the chance to ever be taken serious. It's not even entertainment at this point. Even I'll be surprised if they make it another season after barely getting one this year.

7 hours ago, TritonTr196 said:

Hiflier, tell us how you really feel..  Seriously though, I feel the same way. Most people seem to enjoy the town meetings. That's one of the worst parts. And the Bigfoot slang they come up with is even more pathetic. Like if a person uses the word "Squatchin or Squatcher" around me, they just lost the chance to ever be taken serious. It's not even entertainment at this point. Even I'll be surprised if they make it another season after barely getting one this year.

The talk recently about the show cancelling was a joke. I knew they wouldn't miss the opportunity to ride the PGF anniversary wave. Heck I did it myself by bringing out an eBook back in October on the exact-year-ahead-date of October 20th, 2016. Now if stupid me can do that and can make sure I have a book to sell during the year leading up to that anniversary then surely SOMEONE "else" would want to do the same? Even if no one in the Discovery Channel/ Animal Planet/Finding Bigfoot  hierarchy knew about it or cared the 4 members of the "A Team" ALL knew. This is a big year after all and they all know it.

Like I said, even stupid me who started writing the book in October 2015 soon realized that getting it out there before the PGF anniversary would possibly be a good idea. I even suspect that at some point in some episode the PGF anniversary will get mentioned and it will be during an episode done at either Bluff Creek itself or at least in the Six Rivers area. If I was head of marketing for the show that's what I would plan for anyway.

Just lobbing my two cynical rocks into the camp

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Well the only credit I can give the show is that they got me started doing BF research.      I do not know if I should call that credit or blame.    I gave it a year when I started and if I did not find anything to convince me of the existence of BF then I was going to give it up.     5 months in I found my first unmistakable footprint then at 6 months had an encounter.      Talk about getting hooked.    More footprints have followed but following encounters did not hold a candle to the first one.      Honestly when I am out in the woods, have not seen a human all day,   encounter wildlife,  new experiences,   and beautiful scenery on a really nice day I have to thank the show for that.      It sure has made my retirement from work more interesting and got me out in the woods more than I have in decades.     

Edited by SWWASAS

Oh I would DEFINITELY say "blame" LOL ;) And you hit the nail on the head with experiencing the beauty of being in such environments. A lot of it quite breathtaking. My own retirement has been rewarded many times over wandering trails and camping from days to weeks at a time. Just ain't nuthin' like it. And I did it all without finding Bigfoot. There is no doubt though that more folks are out there and enjoying what we have been enjoying for years now as long as they come to realize that it's not all about looking for the Big Guy.

My criticism of the show has been harsh and usually after such tirades I feel kind of bad about it- but not in this case. Ah well...... 

It has to be overhand so that I appear to be 8 ft. tall. But it also means the rocks aren't that large. If I ever thought I said anything worth much I'd lob in the boulders- underhand. Being profound isn't really my strong suit anyway. Besides with no body on a slab and only blobsquatches available there isn't all that much to work with. Speculation at best only deserves pebbles- overhand. Anything more than that gets me in trouble ;) 

23 hours ago, hiflier said:

Why do folks make excuses for this program. It's been the same complaints about the same format for ten seasons. It gets tiresome hearing the public grouse about the A Team never finding Bigfoot. Oh but the shw has done a lot of good. No. It hasn't. Oh, but the show has raised wider public awareness of the subject. Yeah, public awareness that Bigfoot researchers in the field are idiots who might as well be on a snipe hunt. I'm sorry, I don't mean to grouse about things myself but I think this show has done some real damage to serious researchers who now can't tell the difference between a Sasquatch wood knock/howl and being hoaxed by other people in the woods or each other.

Generally speaking this whole charade that passes for docu-tainment is just a ridiculous joke and I've been shocked actually that the BFRO would stoop this low.......again. I remind myself that the advertisers and the camera crew and the producers and the directors and whoever else aren't the only ones making money here. Everyone's a party to this and everyone involved in the show has a stake in keeping it going. The PGF is turning 50 this year and no one knows that better than the marketers- ALL of the marketers whether they're the "good guys" or not. This program has delivered a serious blow to what little credibility there was for the serious field investigator. Belief in Bigfoot? How has this show been beneficial for that? In truth it's had the opposite effect. It is so sad really to see the people Squatchers look up to and respect portrayed so gullible and ineffective. It sends a lousy message to the public.

Rant over

I enjoy the show for what it is . The format is fine for television. The town halls and witness testimony is probably the part that should interest those with serious interest in this subject. Now as far as calls ,knocks  and the sounds and movements that is entertainment .The scenery is great and locals are interesting. Perhaps, they should have named the show  Looking for Bigfoot . Some of my friends complain that they never find them. Of course I point out  that does anyone ? After all it is more than likely they don't even exist.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

• 3 months later...

Destination America has been running old reruns of the show, in marathon format recently.  I just saw shows from the first season.  I am amazed at how arrogant and downright nasty moneymaker was in those episodes.

BFF Patron

I saw a Norcal bigfooter post on another platform they were filming the 50th anniversary P-G Film show and wrapping that up so I suspect that will play early or be held for a special October airing.

Maybe someone can inform more on that but they aren't supposed to let the cat out of the bag. 

Yeah, there was a filming around Willow Creek last weekend.    One of the local weather sites has a facebook presence and the owner posted he'd been invited down by one of the four cast members that he knew.    It sounded like it was a pretty big deal locally.    Since it's on that weather site I don't think there's anything too secret now.

If you go to BFRO's web page there's a sign-up for some future town hall meetings that are planned.    There is one not too far away.  I haven't decided yet.

MIB

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up MIB. They're having one in Missoula, Montana in the future so I requested email notification when that one is scheduled. It's only a couple of hours away and one of my best friends lives there. He and his wife had a sighting thirty odd years ago near Gold Creek, Montana, and he and I had a midnight intimidation encounter by something large while camping near the Idaho border in about '86. Whatever it was stayed hidden, but the behavior stopped immediately when I brought my rifle to bear. Just received an auto reply from the BFRO indicating my email has been added to the list for that meeting.